MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build & Price Your C8 with Spreadsheet:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-msrp-incl-dfc
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide:https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...=21905&type=0#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c

Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Life Lesson - Drive your Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Lesson - Drive your Corvette

This is great. The lesson is... Drive your Corvette

https://jalopnik.com/this-guy-still-...m_campaign=top
    This Guy Still Driving His Unrestored 1957 Corvette Has Life Figured Out
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 9.35.51 PM.png Views:	34 Size:	435.0 KB ID:	45413
    Last edited by John; 07-11-2019, 11:44 PM. Reason: Added video into this wonderful life story. Thank you JoeCT for finding and sharing it for us.
    2019 Z06: M7 Coupe: Shadow Gray Metallic
    2016 Sting w/Z51 : M7 Coupe : Night Race Blue

Couldn’t agree more JoeCT!
    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam and Vortech supercharger for new C8 - On Kerbeck's pre-order list for a 2020 ME C8

Comment

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.....
      Torch Red 2LZ.........😎

Comment

Dam right

never let the things you own......own you.

enjoy
        Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT VK3 GKZ HTA

Comment

Great story JoeCT , thanks for sharing/posting it for everyone to read ...
          A thought if I might ...

Comment

That is a great film! I've driven some of those roads in CT. They are up, down, over, under and sideways. Lot of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by ltomn View Post
              That is a great film! I've driven some of those roads in CT. They are up, down, over, under and sideways. Lot of fun!
              Me too! I was watching and thinking it looked familiar before he mentioned Cheshire, CT. Beautifully shot and edited film. He mentions that he does what he does to and with the car for him, not for anyone else or for the next guy, for him. Right on. I know some people think I have this car for the way it makes me "look" or what it says about me. No, I drive this car for the way it makes me feel. Although he does make me wonder if I should have bought the 'vert.

P.S. I love the after credit "sometimes I wish I got into stamp collecting instead of this s$%t..." I for one am glad he didn't ;-D
              Last edited by JoeCT; 07-13-2019, 06:32 PM.
              2019 Z06: M7 Coupe: Shadow Gray Metallic
              2016 Sting w/Z51 : M7 Coupe : Night Race Blue

Comment

I bought my 54 from a guy who bought it in 70 for $1,100. He had the car for 40 years. The car has the appearance of a an absolute perfect unmolested Survivior. He had painted the car in 1981 with the original Nitrocelluose Lacquer paint, which you can not purchase today. He said the car had been through Earl Sheib probably more times than most take their cars to a paint shop.He stripped the car. Did put a new Al Knoch interior in it. When I got the car I went through the chrome. But was told never to paint the car. It does have some noticeable cracks and chips but the gloss is a good as it gets. The car looks like a 54 would have looked in 57, when a few years old. I rarely drive the car as a 57 you can get parts for. BUT, a 53 54 and 55s try to buy some of the trim. The car even has the original GE headlight bulbs that still work. It is my garage art. Leaks a little oil but it is all there. and the slight blemished paint makes it look so more authentic than a totally restored car.
                I agree convertibles can be driven all year per Mr. Huxley in the Video. I will never forget taking off out of Saratoga Springs, New York in 1971 in my 1963 Corvette , top down and drove to Daytona Beach Florida with the heat blasting, windows up , It was February

THANK YOU JoeCT for The Memory.

Comment

Originally posted by ltomn View Post
                  I'm also from CT and there is plenty of great roads to drive!!!

Comment

My two sons went to boarding school in CT. Driving around looking for Salisbury and Simsbury is a gas!! Especially when one stumbles over Lime Rock! What a treat!

Comment

Thats a real survivor...his paint on the front fenders and rust on the wheels not to mention the interior cracked me up...

Seventy three is young!

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT VK3 GKZ HTA

Comment

What a cool video! Thanks for sharing! I loved it! The rust, the flaked paint, the locking pliers holding ? under his dash, the free air conditioning as you drive from October to March. What an inspiration!
                        Drive what you love, and love what you drive.

Comment

Excellent vid, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Nice video. Great car. I stood in front of the dealers window and stared at Corvettes like it as a kid in the 50s. Still being driven. Surprisingly I looked at used ME Ferraris, Mclarens and Lambos on Car Gurus earlier. Tis too bad that those cars are not actually driven. All low milage after several years and multiple prior owners. Are not driven nor held long. Surprising low/no milage. Not a single car with 20K miles on it after 10/15 years.. Conversation cars.

The Vettes get driven
                            Last edited by SheepDog; 08-12-2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X