Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

Check out the mclaren GT on the move..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out the mclaren GT on the move..

hit the link; here’s the video within it

i think this will be an exotic like c8 in form and function in many ways as we wait for the c8 reveal....just for fun..

https://carbuzz.com/news/mclaren-gt-...nt-on-the-move
    Last edited by John; 07-07-2019, 09:51 AM. Reason: Incorporated video here for easier viewing.

That’s very nice. No rear spoiler or is it an active spoiler that only comes up with speed?

Comment

We have been asked when standing next to our C7 Z06, “is that a Ferrari?”. Our C8 will be “is that a McLaren 600?”

They look a lot a like to this point in time, but gee, which one is less than 1/3 the cost. And since we do extensive road trips, the C8 will be one that is that usage capable.

Thanks JB.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

What came first The Chicken or The Egg, I MEAN What came first The McLaren or The Corvette. Boy they sure look alike.

Comment

That is very close to what the C8 will look like. The McLaren GT and the C8 will look like someone copied the other.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            We have been asked when standing next to our C7 Z06, “is that a Ferrari?”. Our C8 will be “is that a McLaren 600?”

They look a lot a like to this point in time, but gee, which one is less than 1/3 the cost. And since we do extensive road trips, the C8 will be one that is that usage capable.

Thanks JB.
            The people who mistake Corvettes for Ferraris don't know much about cars apart from "it looks expensive and exotic.". They would probably also call a McLaren 600 a Ferrari if they saw one and you'll probably hear the same thing with the C8 haha.
            Last edited by Bluevette; 07-07-2019, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepDog View Post
              That is very close to what the C8 will look like. The McLaren GT and the C8 will look like someone copied the other.
              Similar overall but I have a feeling the C8 will be a bit more striking or dramatic. Sharper.
              Fingers crossed!

Comment

For sure fvs! Starting with its hood being much more dramatic — which personally I like, though I have two friends who are getting a C8 who both wish its hood “had no creases.”

I love the sharp edges on our C7, e.g., a mean looking machine. I believe the C8 will be more of the same in a good way, though clearly as we all know, the Z06+ versions of the ME would be even more race car looking.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Truly amazing what a small company like Mclaren has been able to accomplishes in such a short period of time with their production vehicles. Competition makes the other brands better.

Comment

From afar the stance looks very similar.. but i have to say the C8 looks way more aggressive and "sinister" if that makes sense. The McLaren seems more docile looking like NSX.

Comment

We were forewarned about the C8 having a wonderful aggressive stance by c7pimp about a year ago, when he compared it to first Aston Martin ME concept rendering, saying the C8’s stance echoed it. Thanks to TopSpeed and classicdriver.com we have pictures of that early 200’s ME Aston Martin concept. It was called the HBH Bulldog.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1547AECD-D7D9-4ACA-A2A1-BB4B9182E13F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	72.9 KB ID:	44310

Click image for larger version  Name:	806FB291-D5B7-43B2-AB8F-528EBC421FE2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	44309
                      Last edited by John; 07-07-2019, 07:35 PM.

Comment

This McLaren GT and the C8 probably have similar rear and front storage . That likely cause the gross designs to be alike on the back and front and over all proportions to look alike/. If the higher lever C8 have the same storage then they will overall not look different from the base car; not fundamentally different

The sleeker ME's tend to no have storage, no glove compartments, no cup holders and no pockets. So if the higher C8 are super sleek, then the driver will have to crawl into it, travel nude and sip air.

The back must be higher and broader if there is meaningful storage back there. And the front a little more overhang and bosom than usual for an ME car, if the front storage is maxed out.
                        Last edited by SheepDog; 07-07-2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I can confirm that the C8’s cabin, unlike many competitors small spaces, will be very nice to spend time in (space wise).

Comment

I've always enjoyed GT cars. I miss my '93 3000GT VR-4.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X