New ME designs in the EU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ME designs in the EU

I highly recommend that the members of MECF watch the “2019 Geneva auto show” on You tube. It’s extremely interesting , with the reasons for the current trend into electric cars in The EU, and also, the fact that at least 12 new midengined cars were being introduced and shown at the show. I could see parallels ln their designs relative to the C8, and also thought that the C8 even before it is sold here, is possibly years behind what the designs of midengined cars in EU are currently offering. Of course, I am just looking at the cars and their designs, and not at the price. Your thoughts,,,,,,,
    Sorry no link, maybe John can add one
    3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Thanks Frenzy36 for the video install!
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post
        I highly recommend that the members of MECF watch the “2019 Geneva auto show” on You tube. It’s extremely interesting , with the reasons for the current trend into electric cars in The EU, and also, the fact that at least 12 new midengined cars were being introduced and shown at the show. I could see parallels ln their designs relative to the C8, and also thought that the C8 even before it is sold here, is possibly years behind what the designs of midengined cars in EU are currently offering. Of course, I am just looking at the cars and their designs, and not at the price. Your thoughts,,,,,,,
        Sorry no link, maybe John can add one
        Would you state why you feel that way. Not having seen the C8 design yet nor knowing what tech exactly it offers I have trouble comparing. Maybe more of a push or early adoption of electric but otherwise can’t fully comment on your post.
        There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
        2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
        79 coupe Silver/oyster
        All one owner
        Museum lifetime members

Comment

It is amazing that this electric car concept if being driven down our throats by the manufacturers. When one does the math on the carbon footprint of petroleum versus electricity, I believe statistics have shown that electricity does not save the world money or hydrocarbon credits. Whatever happened to hydrogen cars?

Comment

Interesting Itomn that you post that tonight, for I just read recently that the father of modern hybrids in Japan, was also saying that hydrogen fuel cell cars are the real answer to so many issues.
            Last edited by John; 06-19-2019, 10:14 AM.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Plasboy View Post

Would you state why you feel that way. Not having seen the C8 design yet nor knowing what tech exactly it offers I have trouble comparing. Maybe more of a push or early adoption of electric but otherwise can’t fully comment on your post.
              I’ll try, think it was the “ early adoption of electric” that caught my thoughts. If I remember correctly in the EU they have required 95 grams of CO2 per 100 kilometers. So they are forced into the electric hybrid By 2023. What I saw was GM starting to push into the electric car world possibly because of what is going on in the EU.
              I agree with you about not knowing what the C8 will be. But, if you viewed the ME cars at Geneva show, it had a lot of new ides and thinking about what a car can be. I know that the C8 has to keep its Corvette roots in style to sell to our corvette customers, but it interested me in how far the design of a Midengined car can go. Again, I was looking at design not price.
              your thoughts,sir

3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post

I’ll try, think it was the “ early adoption of electric” that caught my thoughts. If I remember correctly in the EU they have required 95 grams of CO2 per 100 kilometers. So they are forced into the electric hybrid By 2023. What I saw was GM starting to push into the electric car world possibly because of what is going on in the EU.
                I agree with you about not knowing what the C8 will be. But, if you viewed the ME cars at Geneva show, it had a lot of new ides and thinking about what a car can be. I know that the C8 has to keep its Corvette roots in style to sell to our corvette customers, but it interested me in how far the design of a Midengined car can go. Again, I was looking at design not price.
                your thoughts,sir
                I haven’t paid much attention to the mid engine cars shown at Geneva. Some of the designs can get pretty far out there but other than that I haven’t studied features so no real answer for you.
                I’ll bet the C8 has some plan for electric assistance at some point but other than that I’m sure your observations are more informed than mine.

2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                79 coupe Silver/oyster
                All one owner
                Museum lifetime members

Comment

Being an OlD PRSD/ ECLSS engineer for NASA Hydrogen is the way to go. Wait till the Electric car owners start replacing batteries. And how is Elon Musk been pulling off his scam for all these years. When is he going to finally tumble? I just hope I don't live long enough to see where the electric car is the only option. I want the thunder of a V8

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
                    I want the thunder of a V8
                    Yes. Also would be neat to hear the whine of a gas turbine or maybe the hum of a reactor. Wonder if any of those Geneva cars use those power plants.
                    Last edited by Boomer; 06-20-2019, 04:12 PM. Reason: whine vs wine

Comment

No wine when you’re driving. 🙄

2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                      79 coupe Silver/oyster
                      All one owner
                      Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by Plasboy View Post
                        No wine when you’re driving. 🙄
                        Good one. I noticed that just as you posted. I don't drink wine nor do I whine!

Comment

The base C8 will probably compromise styling for practicality, luggage and storage. The very expensive McLaren mid engine turing car might be the closest "function" match. It is relatively subdued in styling. Looks like the C8 renders to me. The C8 front and back may not be as low and sleek as the Ford GT and Mclarens, etc. But there's not meaningful back storage in those magnificient cars. NSX too.

Will the C8 styling impress? I saw a new Camaro with temp tags in traffic today. The rear is beautifully designed. Sharp car. IMO. I was impressed. I expect the C8 design to be really well received and the electronic technology to exceed the expensive ME cars. The base engine should be highly reliable, if not high tech. An overachiever in baritone.

Mid engine Design Quality : Ease of servicing and repair is the one area where the C8 will hopefully set a new design standard for the ME cars. Perhaps second to reliability.

We do not yet have a clue on the styling, tech and design of the higher end C8s.

As to the 2005 ME cars , in retrospect the plain tech Ford GT turned out to be the best of the lot, including the Porsche GT. So the C8 will hopefully have sound, practical and reliable American design.
                          Last edited by SheepDog; 06-20-2019, 05:03 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X