MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Chazcron Driveway Walk-Around Videos! C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

Tesla

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla

Elon Musk says buying a gasoline car is like "riding a horse and using a flip phone
    And they are making some models vegan friendly. No leather seats!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tesla-s...site-header:17
    There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
    2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
    79 coupe Silver/oyster
    All one owner
    Museum lifetime members

C7 or C8 vs Tesla. 50 laps, any track, any time.

Comment

Elon says lots of things.
      Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post
        C7 or C8 vs Tesla. 50 laps, any track, any time.
        How about just a casual cross country trip of say 3000 miles or so? He would get lost looking for charging stations and waiting for the car to charge.
        Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post

How about just a casual cross country trip of say 3000 miles or so? He would get lost looking for charging stations and waiting for the car to charge.
          Well, getting lost is something he wouldn't have to worry about, since all the Tesla charging stations are in the nav software, and when you ask for a route it will automatically calculate one that goes via those stations as often as necessary to keep you going.

But I agree he'd spend a lot more time charging that we'd spend filling up.

And we wouldn't have to worry about our "auto pilot" driving us into the back of a parked fire truck.
          Last edited by meyerweb; 06-13-2019, 06:30 PM.
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

After driving a tesla model S in insane mode for quite some time...it is a revelation that does make revving the motor and shifting the manual gearboxof an ice vehicle somewhat of a dated experience...

the single speed gearbox and the instant torque of an electric vehicle like the tesla model s performance is quite a unique experience...

im not going to say the ICE vehicles are dead but in some unique situations the ev from tesla does put ICE on the chopping block..

right now I believe EV s will prove to be excellent street vehicles in the luxury market whether it be sedan or cuv...lthats hard to say...

im not a fan of the new audi ev or the mercedes....

the jaguar i pace I like but it seems less than reliable having heard some horror stories as far as reliability.

the tesla model Y is kind of awkward looking..@t least from what we can see in the photos...

the model x is too egg like and I am not sure but the model Y might follow that shape too closely for my taste...l

i think gm has 22 of these ev s coming out by 2022...

ford has a mach1 (old rumored nameplate)sport ev cuv...

elons sports car with a range of 600 miles I heard is delayed...(cash flow ? Or BS performance claims)

zero to sixty in under 2 seconds is pretty quick for 200 grand/250 launch edition....comparing to mclaren 570

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
              After driving a tesla model S in insane mode for quite some time...it is a revelation that does make revving the motor and shifting the manual gearboxof an ice vehicle somewhat of a dated experience...

the single speed gearbox and the instant torque of an electric vehicle like the tesla model s performance is quite a unique experience...

im not going to say the ICE vehicles are dead but in some unique situations the ev from tesla does put ICE on the chopping block..

right now I believe EV s will prove to be excellent street vehicles in the luxury market whether it be sedan or cuv...lthats hard to say...

im not a fan of the new audi ev or the mercedes....

the jaguar i pace I like but it seems less than reliable having heard some horror stories as far as reliability.

the tesla model Y is kind of awkward looking..@t least from what we can see in the photos...

the model x is too egg like and I am not sure but the model Y might follow that shape too closely for my taste...l

i think gm has 22 of these ev s coming out by 2022...

ford has a mach1 (old rumored nameplate)sport ev cuv...

elons sports car with a range of 600 miles I heard is delayed...(cash flow ? Or BS performance claims)

zero to sixty in under 2 seconds is pretty quick for 200 grand/250 launch edition....comparing to mclaren 570

Sure they have great performance but you are just plain limited on range. Great if you never plan to take it much of anywhere but long trips would be trying. I’ve talked to a couple of guys who have Teslas and they said going any distance in one is a pain.
              There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
              2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
              79 coupe Silver/oyster
              All one owner
              Museum lifetime members

Comment

While any brand can have a challenging, time-wise and cost-wise messed up repair, and picking one out of an entire brand probably is not fair, there are some issues in this repair and have been since day one IMO, in getting some Tesla’s repaired solely due to the issue of parts availability. This one repair is sobering, and when one looks at what initially appear to be a routine fascia skin replacement and probably an underneath crash shock absorbing foam also needing to be replaced, well, judge for yourself.

I owned a Citroen DS-21 Pallas in the early/mid 1970’s and only thanks to my friend being a TWA airline pilot flying to France twice monthly, were we able to keep it functioning (he would fly over, buy parts and bring them home in his suitcase). So, FWIW, here is an interesting video.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

I watched todays video on youtube from those guys...and the lack of parts for repair is too annoying...

i would not have the patience for that ****

i had a tesla on order and cancelled it when they told me after two years I had to wait even longer...

im imoressed with the performance of the awd model 3 P....but the horror stories waiting months for parts wouldn t work for me...

i stopped having performance tuners work on my cars because i have no patience

i buy my things to serve me...

not aggravate me...

waiting months for parts would **** me off that I might create a real scene at the dealership that I know wouldnt end well.

i have like the longest fuse ever but still..

once I lose my temper it would be all over...

the police would come...

life is too short for nonsense like that...

i watch these videos on thirty days just for a lug nut and im done...

i dont think tesla is even giving loaners based off the video

I would have just planned to sell the car...and bought a gm product...

sometimes i think of maseratis, or jaguars or even the little alfa 4c for a few months...and then i hear they have to have dealer interval service to retighten bolts to the carbon chassis periodically and i say to myself who needs that nonsense...

Comment

Repair hell part two..

https://youtu.be/tFMtl2JgxIo

Comment

Wow , That's Ridiculous! Thanks John and JB for posting those videos. Never even considered buying electric, but never thought of that aspect.
                      Rocket City Florida

Comment

"Tesla’s delivery numbers change multiple times between filings"

"Tesla puts out multiple versions of vehicle production and delivery numbers every quarter-end, highlighting potential weaknesses in accounting and disclosure controls"

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/te..._theo_homepage

Comment

FWIW, the reliability of the Model S and Model X, as reported by owners in Consumer Reports owners' surveys, has been dismal. CR really liked the Model S when they tested it. Then they did the frequency of repair survey and quickly moved away from recommending it.
                          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                          >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Elon Musk?? He is the priveledged subsidized Trust baby of the Auto Industry.

Comment

In fairness, the ICE engine is hugely subsidized by all sorts of tax benefits and subsidies given to the oil industry, in amounts that greatly exceed the tax credits for electric cars. And it wasn't that long ago that GM received billions from the federal government in order to stay alive.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                              >31,000+ miles

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X