Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #115 - Corvette News & Headlines, Late June 2022

We've got the latest News & Headlines in the world of Corvette for you every other week! Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger is back to give you the inside scoop on what's happening. https://youtu.be/ZnVdDJHYDxo; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...2cqLUlcMmj6m4x
Here are a few of the topics covered on next week's podcast....
C8 Z06 benchmarked Porsche, Audi, Ferrari and McLaren
Chevrolet raises prices on 2023 C8 Stingray
Chevrolet adds DCT transmission filter life to maintenance tab on 2023 Corvettes
Chevy offers "Dark Stealth" crossed flags for 2023 Corvettes
WEC drops GTE Pro class for 2023 and introduces GTE Premium for 2024
Chevrolet is offering Dark Stealth Crossed Flags for the 2023 Corvettes
Is Corvette is scheduled for an interior refresh in 2024?
Chevrolet to offer 1 of 1 Mint Green Z06 in first NFT Auction
GM releases 2 more videos about the C8 Z06
This Friday, July 1st, is "Drive Your Corvette To Work" Day!

Don't miss a single episode of CORVETTE TODAY on podcast and YouTube. Each week's episode launches on Monday at 12 midnight Eastern Time.
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

3 Reasons to Buy a 2023 Cadillac Lyriq, Not a Tesla Model X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Reasons to Buy a 2023 Cadillac Lyriq, Not a Tesla Model X

I'm not really fond of the Cadu's Juke-Box front end look. But if you like it, it's a steal compared to the Tesla Model X. And as shown below, it has some better features than the Tesla.

3 Reasons to Buy a 2023 Cadillac Lyriq, Not a Tesla Model X

by Desiree Homer
    Published on June 17, 2022

Tesla was once known as the best of the best. However, the Tesla Model X may no longer rule the roost in the EV space. A new luxury EV is on stage now called the Cadillac Lyriq, and it’s already proving to be a highly sought-after entry in the segment. Before deciding on a luxury EV, take a closer look at what the 2023 Cadillac Lyriq brings.

Based on specs, performance metrics, charging, and affordability, we’ll offer a comparison between the Model X and the Lyriq. Not that you need another reason to buy a 2023 Cadillac Lyriq. But if you did, here are three more to justify purchasing this incredible, electrifying ride.

1. It’s far more affordable than the Tesla Model X

2023 Cadillac Lyriq | Getty Images
    Comparing the price points of the Tesla Model X with the 2023 Cadillac Lyriq immediately offers a distinction. Based on pricing outlined by Consumer Reports and Edmunds, the 2023 Cadillac Lyriq will cost between $61,795 and $63,795.

A 2022 Tesla Model X, according to Edmunds, will set you back $104,990 to $114,990 and upwards of $138,000. It’s not often you’ll find a Cadillac as the most cost-effective choice between models. However, in this luxury EV space, it will save you thousands to choose the Cadillac Lyriq over the Tesla Model X.

2. It has a faster DC charging rate

When you’re buying a luxury EV, you’ll need to consider the charging experience. As Consumer Reports points out, the Tesla Model X offers DC fast-charging capability, which can be a huge time saver when you’re traveling long distances. But don’t discount the Cadillac Lyriq because it’s also compatible with DC fast-charging stations.

According to Cadillac, the 2023 Lyriq comes with DC fast charging capability. And the charging rates range up to 190 kW of power. Alternatively, Tesla says the Model X has a charging rate of 120 kW.

You can explore the various options for charging the Model X based on charging times and wattage using an EVBox. However, the Cadillac has the advantage in the overall charging range comparison.

You’ll also want to be mindful of EPA estimated ranges for driving on a full charge. Cadillac’s entry can cruise up to 312 miles on a full charge, as confirmed by GM Authority. Tesla’s EV claims to be 333 miles on a full charge. But if you’re charging with more power on the Lyriq, those few miles of difference won’t matter when you’re on the road and quickly charging between stops.

3. There are available credits for home charger installation

If you need another good reason to buy the 2023 Cadillac Lyriq over the Tesla Model X, check out the available credits for home charging installation and setup. According to Autoblog, using your Level 2 home charger, you can expect to recoup 52 miles of range.

Every 2023 model Cadillac Lyric will come with the option to purchase EV charging credits. Lyriq buyers can either go with two years’ worth of unlimited charging credits for use at EVgo charging stations, or they can take advantage of the home install credit, worth up to $1,500, to put toward the setup of the Level 2, 240-volt outlet at home. And Cadillac partners with Omerit, a nationwide network of “Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Installers and Contractors.”

So, as you weigh your options and conduct your own comparisons, consider these three key reasons to buy the 2023 Cadillac Lyriq over the Tesla Model X. You’ll save more money and charging time and reap a few benefits with the charging station credit.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/reasons...tesla-model-x/
    Bob Sliwa
    "I was cruising in my E-Ray, late one night, when a Tesla Model S, pulled up on the right......."
    Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Ludicrous Speed Restomod.
    Ludicrous Speed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAWL8ejf2nM

2020 C8 ELB - Event Status 666 - Completely destroyed at the race track due to year 2020! Insured!!!
    2023-2024? E-Ray - Number 4 on the List at MacMulkin!

Might be nice if you could get one. They are approaching Corvette demand but no dealers are selling any Cadillacs at MSRP. Just looked at a XT6, $5,000 over MSRP…….NO THANKS

Put your name on a list if you want one…..
    Last edited by Meldoon; 06-21-2022, 06:52 AM.
    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Also how about the continued imo QC Tesla issues. You’d think that years into making their Model 3 as one example, that they would be behind them.
      Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The lyric is good looking while the tesla is less visually appealing.

my wwife
        doesnt want to drive a vehicle that looks like an egg so teslas a no go for my better half

she drives an Audi etron for over a year and loves it

she likes the lyriqs looks so it’s on our list

Comment

I agree it's a lot better looking than the Tesla's and better value for sure. Seems like the car manufacturers have their work cut out for them for years to come. Terrible that the Shady Dealers asking way over MSRP are making out like bandits though. Inquired at a local dealer for the new Escalade - (We can probably get you into one for only about 20K over sticker.) I will never step foot onto their property again.

If there is a looming recession in the near future - who knows what the future will look like in the automotive industry.
          Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

I think I'll wait for at least a few years of production and driving history before I buy any new electric model.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
              I think I'll wait for at least a few years of production and driving history before I buy any new electric model.
              At this point there are more than one reasons to wait as long as you can. GM has SuperCruise, but HyperCruise is coming. Also waiting let’s us get a feel for reliability. I’ve looked at the BMW iX. Better looking than Tesla but pricier than Cadillac Lyriq.
              Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

I have an order in GM Order Workbench for a 2023 Lyriq (at MSRP). So far, they are being produced in very small numbers.

Comment

Let’s hope you get yours soon. Would you please when you get it, please post some pictures and analysis for us? TU
                  Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I most certainly will, but I think it's going to be a while. I think they're still building the Debut Edition.

Comment

It is much better looking but I hope I don't live long enough that I have to buy 1.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X