Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

ZORA Competitor Coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZORA Competitor Coming?

Might ZORA have a a $1,000,000 competitor? Interesting article (thank you GM Authority) for this release.

Originally posted by GMA
    Ferrari SF90 Stradale Gears Up For C8 Corvette Zora

BY SAM MCEACHERN: JAN 15, 2022

GM Authority spy photographers have captured a new Ferrari SF90 Stradale prototype testing near the Italian automaker’s headquarters in Maranello, Italy.

This prototype features a revised version of the front clip used on the production Ferrari SF90 Stradale, which integrates a different front center intake section and a tall, boxy heat extractor on top of the hood. This heat extractor is somewhat curious, as the SF90 Stradale is of course a mid-engine vehicle with the engine positioned behind the cockpit.

One possible explanation for the presence of this boxy heat extractor is that Ferrari is testing different front electric motors on this prototype. These new motors may generate more heat than those used in the current production model, requiring additional cooling. If this is the case, Ferrari is likely to implement a more elegant and permanent cooling solution for these motors, as the squared-off intake doesn’t gel with the sleek styling of the mid-engine supercar.

Ferrari typically releases more hardcore, performance-focused variants of its mid-engine supercars, so it’s likely that this prototype is being used to develop a faster, more track-focused SF90 Stradale variant. This rumored future SF90 Stradale model may be comparable to the upcoming C8 Corvette Zora, which is expected to be powered by a twin-turbocharged 5.5L V8 LT7 DOHC engine mated to a hybrid-electric drivetrain, with output reaching up to 1,000 horsepower and 1,000 pound-feet of torque. Like the SF90, the C8 Corvette Zora will also feature a front-mounted electric motor (or motors) and small electric battery, providing an all-wheel drivetrain.

The production Ferrari SF90 Stradale features a plug-in hybrid powertrain consisting of a twin-turbocharged 4.0L V8 engine, three electric motors and a 7.9 kWh lithium-ion battery pack. This setup gives the car 986 horsepower and 590 pound-feet of torque, enabling it to accelerate from zero to 60 mph in roughly 2.5 seconds and top out at 211 mph. The rumored performance-focused model would likely offer sharper handling, slightly lower acceleration figures and a higher top speed.

We’ll be keeping an eye on Ferrari as it continues to develop the SF90 Stradale in the coming months. The C8 Corvette Zora, meanwhile, is expected to appear sometime before mid-decade.
    https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/01...corvette-zora/
    Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Can you say that something cost 1 million $$ a competitor? Similar specs, yes, but the price puts it in a different class. I would think something would have to be in the $250,000 price point to be considered a "Competitor"....
    Delivered 6/30/21: The Red Demon 2021 3LT Red Mist HTC.
    Jet Black Interior w/Red Stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors. Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
    AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Engine Vents, Mirror Caps, Front Grill Inserts, and Door Boomerangs.

Comment

Spot on BPSD.
      Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

It's a beauty but at a Million I would have to take a hard pass.
        Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

I think one of the points of GM Authority's article is that the Zora is coming for the Exotics both in horsepower and value. The SF90 is an awesome car but you could have a fleet of C8's for the same price.

Comment

Stunning…..
            Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

It is stunning but I too at $1M will look at it and think in 2027 that we would instead celebrate that we got both our new ZORA and our new house for that amount of money.

Comment

Yes John, they are not building those Ferraris for us……..it’s okay……we have GM! 👍

Comment

The birdies are repeatedly saying ZORA will have over 1,000 HP. We shall see if they have this one right. So far, they are batting above .500 on C8 predictions (leading the majors). But they have made a few major errors so they will not also be a Golden Glove winner.

Comment

After blowing away expectations on Z06 horsepower…….I wouldn’t be surprised at 12-1500 HP for the Zora……

Comment

Sorry that will not happen. But maybe 1,050 HP and 850 TQ.

Comment

Interesting as I have one of these somewhat pricey italians on order....never thought to just buy the corvette zora instead...

thanks for the heads up.

(kidding of course)

it is true electrification will make one of the previous corvette attributes a rather common trait in new sports cars...

massive acceleration will become more common place especially in all evs.

i dont believe the hybrid complexity will be long lived.

Charging times of all ev technology is moving rapidly from 18 minutes for a 10 to 80 pervent recharge to a full recharge in five minutes.

once that occurs there is a good chance ICE powertrains or hybrids will begun to disappear rather quickly.

btw for 900 thousand dollars the ferrari is 3 or 4 tenths quicker to sixty than the base stingray we are all driving now..

locally quite a few Ferrari guys are not waving if you get my drift.

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
                          After blowing away expectations on Z06 horsepower…….I wouldn’t be surprised at 12-1500 HP for the Zora……
                          Nah… remember this is a mass produced car with warranty…
                          Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                            Interesting as I have one of these somewhat pricey italians on order....never thought to just buy the corvette zora instead...

thanks for the heads up.

(kidding of course)

it is true electrification will make one of the previous corvette attributes a rather common trait in new sports cars...

massive acceleration will become more common place especially in all evs.

i dont believe the hybrid complexity will be long lived.

Charging times of all ev technology is moving rapidly from 18 minutes for a 10 to 80 pervent recharge to a full recharge in five minutes.

once that occurs there is a good chance ICE powertrains or hybrids will begun to disappear rather quickly.

btw for 900 thousand dollars the ferrari is 3 or 4 tenths quicker to sixty than the base stingray we are all driving now..

locally quite a few Ferrari guys are not waving if you get my drift.
                            It will be interesting with new high performance EVs… whereas we have all focused a lot on hp/torque in ICE, I believe EVs will rapidly reach crazy 0-60 and quarter mile records… so fast that there will be regulation limiting the performance…. Just like formula 1 and other race diciplines… it will simply not be safe having so many cars on the road doing 0-60 in 1.5 sec…Perhaps only 3-5 years into an EV war between high $ performance brands… that will be interesting, as we will then no more care about performance figures at all anymore… maybe the conversation will shift to other measures. I simply thing hp/torque will be an outfated discussion
                            Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

Originally posted by Top Off Action View Post

It will be interesting with new high performance EVs… whereas we have all focused a lot on hp/torque in ICE, I believe EVs will rapidly reach crazy 0-60 and quarter mile records… so fast that there will be regulation limiting the performance…. Just like formula 1 and other race diciplines… it will simply not be safe having so many cars on the road doing 0-60 in 1.5 sec…Perhaps only 3-5 years into an EV war between high $ performance brands… that will be interesting, as we will then no more care about performance figures at all anymore… maybe the conversation will shift to other measures. I simply thing hp/torque will be an outfated discussion
                              Nah……Performance will always matter……

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X