MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

We are excited to announce our latest Featured Forum Member, Kerbeck Corvette

Kerbeck is a top notch dealership, and that is reflected by many things including their being the # 1 Corvette dealership in sales for the last 25 years. We enthusiastically welcome them a MECF vendor! More details to follow.
2 of 5 < >

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Not New, But 48 Wonderful High Resolution C8 Pictures

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Also, High Resolution C8 Pictures!

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...f-the-interior

48 High Resolution C8 Pictures:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...8-spy-pictures
3 of 5 < >

Scheduled Software Maintenance: Tuesday, 8:00 PM

We have scheduled software maintenance and upgrades Tuesday (19th) @ 8:00 PM. While vBulletin always say not more than an hour, they have averaged 10 minutes in length. Thank you — as we continually are committed to having the best forum software available.
4 of 5 < >

Welcome Corvette Dream Giveway As Our Forum Founding Vendor!

We welcome an outstanding organization as a MECF vendor, one who has an amazing and such a.well deserved reputation for giving away staggering amounts of funds to very worthy organizations who help others.

https://www.dreamgiveaway.com/dg/corvette?promo=ME2019C
5 of 5 < >

Advantages of ME Over FE Configuration! Patent for Variable Width Spoiler

See more
See less

Volvo limiting top speed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo limiting top speed

VOLVO TO INTRODUCE A MAXIMUM 112MPH TOP SPEED ON ALL ITS CARS BY 2020 TO REDUCE FATALITIES

The Swedish automaker's mission is to have zero fatalities or serious injuries in its new vehicle models by the end of the decade

VOLVO will introduce a maximum speed limit on its cars in efforts to reduce fatalities by 2020.

The Swedish luxury car company will cap its car speeds at 112mph, and stated its aim that no one will be killed or seriously injured in a new Volvo by the end of the decade.
    There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
    2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
    79 coupe Silver/oyster
    All one owner
    Museum lifetime members

Really makes one wonder, how many Volvos have crashed at speeds over 110 mph? And if this is the real rationale, what makes the MFG think a 109 mph crash is survivable?🤪

Comment

Good questions. Maybe, not that it would not reduce say one death per year or two, but as we are sure you suspected), this is a “we are environment” statement.
      So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

If they really want to cut down death rates it would have to be much lower than that. I guess it could be considered environmental but how often is one driven even close to this speed.
        Have thought they were pretty interesting vehicles lately but if they are going to start this **** I’ll pass.
        There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
        2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
        79 coupe Silver/oyster
        All one owner
        Museum lifetime members

Comment

Guess the magic number they came up with is 180 kph (112 mph).

Volvo's flagship XC90 SUV currently has a top speed of 131 mph (210 kph).
          Last edited by C8-wannabe; 03-05-2019, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3038.PNG
Views:	41
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	28350 So the top speed model is 131 and will be lowered to 112 ? I really dont think 19mph is really going to make much a difference in anything , except them saying they did it ...
            Last edited by Ssscooter66; 03-05-2019, 09:33 PM.
            A thought if I might ...😎

Comment

I thought it was a JOKE when I saw this on the AUTOWEEK site! What Volvo owner would drive their car full of kids to soccer camp at those kinds of speeds??? Has their market demographics change that much while I wasn't paying attention?

Comment

GM has been limiting top speeds for years. I remember, I bought my mother a 1996 Oldsmobile Aurora. The standard model was electronically limited to 109 mph (I think), but the "Autobahn" package raised that to 130 mph. The Autobahn version had H speed rated tires, while the standard version had only S speed rated tires. BMW also limited speeds, but usually up at 155 mph or so. Many manufacturers limit top speeds often to the speed rating of the original equipment tires.

I don't know how many Volvo drivers actually drive at 112 or more. If it were a lot, I could see somebody producing an OBD2 plug in device to defeat the speed limiter.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X