Electric vehicles tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric vehicles tech

An electric sports car with an 80% charge in less than five minutes.

Originally posted by AppleNews
    A Swiss firm by the name of Piech will use this week's 2019 Geneva International Motor Show to present the Mark Zero sports car concept.

Piech was founded by Rea Stark Rajcic and Anton Piech, the latter a son of former Volkswagen Group patriarch Ferdinand Piech, and the company has ambitious plans to launch not only a sports car but also sedans and SUVs.

Piech has developed a modular platform for cars capable of running on electric or internal-combustion or even hydrogen fuel cell power. The Mark Zero is the first application and runs purely on electric power. A 201- horsepower motor sits up front and is joined by two motors each with a 201-hp rating at the rear axle.

In a statement released Sunday, Piech said the Mark Zero boasts a range approaching 300 miles and incredibly fast charge times. We're talking an 80 percent charge in only 4:40. The key is a new type of battery and charging system developed with Piech's Chinese partners Desten Group and Qingdao Tgood 
Electric Company.

According to Piech, Desten will supply a new type of battery whose cells produce barely any heat during charging and discharging phases, which allows for the extremely fast charging. An additional benefit is that the batteries don't require heavy liquid cooling systems, as they can be cooled by air alone, and this results in a weight saving of about 440 pounds compared to comparable EVs on the market. The Mark Zero weighs less than 4,000 pounds, or less than some internal-combustion coupes on the market.

Anton Piech (left) and Rea Stark Rajcic
    Anton Piech (left) and Rea Stark Rajcic

Meanwhile, Qingdao Tgood is said to be the supplier of high-speed charging infrastructure for Piech's future cars. The company already operates 210,000 charging stations in more than 300 cities.

Despite all the technology, Piech said it wants its cars to have a timeless feel, which is likely why its Mark Zero has an almost classic car appeal to it. No doubt the designers were trying to emulate some of the most beloved classics, such as the Jaguar E-Type and any number of Aston Martins.

"We have developed a sports car that we ourselves would like to buy, and we talked for a long time to many enthusiasts about what was missing on the market,” Anton Piech said in a statement. “We want to offer a modern classic that isn't subject to consumer cycles; the driver of this sports car should enjoy any minute they can spend in the car."

Piech was founded in 2016 and already has 200 people involved in the project. The company currently has a 2-seater, a 4-seater, and an SUV all on the drawing board and said that more models including a pickup truck were conceivable. If all goes to plan, the company's first model will be in production within three years.

The Geneva auto show gets underway Tuesday. For more coverage, head to our dedicated hub.

Source = Car Connection

https://apple.news/A8dMNV_0tMN6KL3oYi-XzDw
    Last edited by John; 03-04-2019, 07:13 PM. Reason: Added content within post for easier viewing.
    There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
    2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
    79 coupe Silver/oyster
    All one owner
    Museum lifetime members

I tried to search for info on the battery, but could not find any info. I would be interested how a 320,000 watt battery doesn't create any heat while charging or discharging. I'm skeptical as electron flow as we all know creates huge amounts of heat. 5 Minutes I would love to see how this could possibly work.
    I did find this from a company who wrote another article on this. We’ve got not seen any exams of those new batteries nor of the charging infrastructure that’s alleged to assist it. But when all of it works as claimed, it’s meant to ship blistering three-second zero-to-60-m.p.h. acceleration, a 155 m.p.h. high pace, and greater than 300 miles of battery powered vary. No phrase on pricing, although with small manufacturing volumes and excessive expertise, we might anticipate it to be very costly. Even when the electrical powertrain is vaporware, the automobile is a beautiful and sensual design, and we at all times welcome that.

It basically says the electrical powertrain is vaporware.
    Last edited by Frenzy36; 03-04-2019, 11:58 PM.
    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Yeah, the Chinese came up with it. Who could they steal it from? Vaporware

Comment

EV hot rod cuv s will become the standard of the industry as the new “Halo” vehicles...

think a mixture of tesla and lamborghini urus or porsche macan priced where normal people can purchase.

note bmw , audi and mercedes sales drop equals teslas sales volume.

the CUV EV with sports car like performance attributes and some sports car like agressive styling will rewrite our automotive landscape and spear head the conversion to EVs and cuv s to replace ICE sedans.

wild times in the next five years.

this ev sports coupe is a non starter in the game....not cuv practical enough imo...

2 door 2 plus 2 s are a miniture faction of the upcoming revolution and the admiration of the general public will be minimal.

i sometimes chuckle as the roads have become or fallen into such disrepair in the united states...the higer ride height and larger dimensioned wheels and tires of cuvs makes sports cuvs powered by electric will become the next “halo” vehicle.

time to repave america....for the love of god these potholes are killing all those of us who enjoy low slung 2 seat sports cars..

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
          EV hot rod cuv s will become the standard of the industry as the new “Halo” vehicles...

think a mixture of tesla and lamborghini urus or porsche macan priced where normal people can purchase.

note bmw , audi and mercedes sales drop equals teslas sales volume.

the CUV EV with sports car like performance attributes and some sports car like agressive styling will rewrite our automotive landscape and spear head the conversion to EVs and cuv s to replace ICE sedans.

wild times in the next five years.

this ev sports coupe is a non starter in the game....not cuv practical enough imo...

2 door 2 plus 2 s are a miniture faction of the upcoming revolution and the admiration of the general public will be minimal.

i sometimes chuckle as the roads have become or fallen into such disrepair in the united states...the higer ride height and larger dimensioned wheels and tires of cuvs makes sports cuvs powered by electric will become the next “halo” vehicle.

time to repave america....for the love of god these potholes are killing all those of us who enjoy low slung 2 seat sports cars..
          Don’t see them being halo vehicles where I live, not even a place to charge them close to here.
          Repave the roads would be nice but no one seems to want to do anything to pay for it.
          From what I’ve read and heard people still have a lot of hesitancy in buying electric vehicles.
          There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
          2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
          79 coupe Silver/oyster
          All one owner
          Museum lifetime members

Comment

I am unaware of a charging station within 20 miles of me too. I see them in larger cities.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X