Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: Corvette News/Headlines

With the reveal of the new mid-engine C8 Z06 next week, this CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines episode is a “must listen-to” podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...OSfY9cINY1UxSw Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, teams up again with Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to bring you the hottest headlines in the world of Corvette…including the latest on the C8 Z06 reveal on October 26th! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast:

1. The C8 Z06 will make public debut at the Petersen Automotive Museum on October 26
2. GM makes a change to 2022 Corvette ordered with Z51 and the high wing
3. C8 Corvette ranked 2nd on the list of the fastest selling cars in September 2021
4. C8 E-Rays are testing in Colorado and outside the Nurburgring in Germany
5. A 95 year old WWII veteran is moved to the head of the line to get his 2022 Corvette
6. Mazzanti to build a Corvette-powered Italian supercar with 761 horsepower
7. A truckload of C8’s goes up in flames
8. Watch a video of BGA building right-hand drive C8 Corvettes

You’ll know everything we know when you listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...lOPPQ/featured
See more
See less

Tesla stops all custom orders of all teslas ahead of todays 5 pm eastern announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla stops all custom orders of all teslas ahead of todays 5 pm eastern announcement

i have no idea what the announcement could be but thought id post up so we can discuss it in 15 minutes from now..

any guesses?

one battery pack and the corporate use of software to comtrol range and performance from now on...

the 35 grand model available immediately?

Model 3 35 grand model production announced

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/28/tesl...s-website.html

Comment

Good for some I guess but I still have no interest in a range limited vehicle.
      There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
      2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
      79 coupe Silver/oyster
      All one owner
      Museum lifetime members

Comment

Watch this guys video. He is awesome and sheds some interesting light on electrci car efficency..

https://youtu.be/7bIBs8GuUYY
        Last edited by JB; 02-28-2019, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Don’t really care. If you can’t recharge in ten minutes and continue it’s a no deal for me.

2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
          79 coupe Silver/oyster
          All one owner
          Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by Plasboy View Post
            Don’t really care. If you can’t recharge in ten minutes and continue it’s a no deal for me.
            EXACTLY what I was thinking also !
            A thought if I might ...

Comment

There is a charging bank of 10 stations a few blocks from me and I see how some of the people are getting weary of sitting there waiting for their car to charge after getting off 95 and having to charge before going into Orlando as they are afraid of having to wait in Orlando for a charging station. NO Thanks!
              Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

In the northeast here many are among the 78 percent of americans who drive less than 40 miles a day...for them the 220 mile rangemeans a fill up every three or four days...

for those who travel long distances id imagine it would as you described be a pain...

i almost bought one but i wanted awd and the 220 mile batterypack....a premium white color and the 19 inch wheels and my bride would have been happy...

she literally drives less than 40 miles a day...and charging in the garage would have been a no brainer every couple of days overnight...

the delay of the 220 mile battery and the upcharge of 9 grand for an additional 90 miles she didnt ever need was the deal breaker for me.

i just bought an alfa stelvio ti sport...

that said...i think the tesla model Y will be worth a look...as will gm and its ev offering...

to drive a tesla in high performance mode is to understand the allure

Comment

I have a couple friends that have Teslas, we do live in a larger city; asked them how it is traveling across various states, they say not an issue as the car's ap always shows plenty of places with charging stations.

Comment

And they are charged up and ready to go in ten minutes or less?

2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                    79 coupe Silver/oyster
                    All one owner
                    Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by Plasboy View Post
                      And they are charged up and ready to go in ten minutes or less?
                      That's what I just cannot wrap my head around, constantly worrying about charging. Where I have to go (out of the way) Degrading battery pack by quick charging. Sorry but I'm not a fan at all. And missing that sweet Rumble of the V8. However most have good things to say about them. One person I spoke to actually travels around the country for his job and he allows downtime for charging and said he only had one incident in 80K miles where he was stuck for 2 days for them to come and service a software problem which caused the vehicle to shut down for cooling issue on battery pack. But after talking with them for a half hour or so they are still stuck there charging. Call me old fashioned I just don't get it.

Electricity is also expected to triple in price over the next 10 years. Unfortunately our grid cannot support all of the electric cars coming into it so transformers and copper cables and more steel towers ETC. must be mined , produced and installed. Who knows what that enormous bill will cost.
                      What happened to Natural Gas? It comes out of the ground even if we don't use it?
                      Last edited by Frenzy36; 03-01-2019, 12:40 PM.
                      Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X