Self Driving Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Driving Cars

One bites the dust or I want a self driving car.

Apple to lay off 190 employees from self-driving car division

The affected jobs — most of which are engineering positions — are in facilities in Santa Clara and Sunnyvale, near the company’s main headquarters in Cupertino.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...vision-n977386

Boomer I think we will see a bunch of the electric companies fall off in the coming years. Electricity is going to get much more expensive. Wonder why they don't just build better filtering exhaust systems for gasoline vehicles. Going to be difficult for these companies to keep up with latest tech on the all electric vehicles. Competition is going to really get fierce.
    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

i seem to recall reading that Apple was going to focus on the software side of the self driving car technology, rather than than the hardware. So laying off engineers might not mean Apple is giving up.
      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

This pet would go great with a self driving car. Don't have to worry about it shedding fur on the upholstery either. It can do tricks too!

Last edited by Boomer; 03-05-2019, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
          This pet would go great with a self driving car. Don't have to worry about it shedding fur on the upholstery either. It can do tricks too!
          Let's just hope we don't eventually end up as
          TARS suggested, as "...slaves for his robot colony."
          Last edited by Mobius; 03-05-2019, 11:31 AM. Reason: typo
          My C8:
          '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
          '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
          '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
          '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post
            Let's just hope we don't eventually end up as
            LARS suggested, as "...slaves for his robot colony."
            Yea! Scary. Maybe the "limber quadruped" would take me for a walk. I hope it wouldn't make me fetch.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X