Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today’s News That “Corvette Fever” Returns

Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Colvin-euvkq2. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication. Plus, listen to this podcast and register to win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this episode! Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
2 of 4 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
3 of 4 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

What! Not “Resale Red” But Resale Yellow???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What! Not “Resale Red” But Resale Yellow???

What the heck is happening to the used car market, for we read the famous book “All Corvettes Are Red,” and have thousands of times each heard that red is the resale color.

But thanks to AutoWeek, now is it “resale yellow?”

Originally posted by AutoWeek
    Yellow may not be a widely desired car color, but there are enough people who want yellow, versus the number of yellow new cars being ordered, to make yellow cars more desirable than others on the used market,” said iSeeCars executive analyst Karl Brauer. “In fact, yellow is among the colors with the lowest vehicle share, and is most commonly a color for sports cars and other low-volume vehicles that hold their value relatively well.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	228997FB-34E3-4533-97E5-2B6AD3D4FF96.jpeg
Views:	221
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	265080

https://www.autoweek.com/news/indust...0Non%20Openers
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

A couple of the services I got quotes from on my C7 said the orange was worth more. One added $1650 to the offer for the color (DSOM)
    Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3300, TWP 5/??: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this article John.

I don't have my C8 yet but I chose AYM and how my build evolved from Resale Red to Resale Yellow...

After spending an inordinate amount of time on the configurator, just days before my build my final build was going to be very standard, Torch Red (resale red) with natural Napa GT2 interior. I like red cars, therefore my current car is metallic red, one prior to that was red, after much consideration didn't want my third car to be red. I also thought, Torch Red would be a common color the road for a C8 and I may find myself wanting to wrap the car if I get bored with TR.

After watching the movie Underground 6, I wanted to wrap my red Giulia QV neon green, for that exotic look. If the C8 came in Verde Mantis or Ithaca Verde color, I would have selected that in a heartbeat. AYM on the C8 has some greenish tones, depending on the lighting conditions. With the proper accents and interior, AYM IMO makes the C8 look rather exotic.

Given that AYM was he lowest percentage ~2.2%, below Zeus Bronze and Sebring Orange, some think that it might be on the chopping block. Only reason it might not get cancelled is if Tadge fancies that colors, we know his CTF HTC was AYM.
      Preliminary TPW 6/14... Mar 2021 order cycle
      2021 2LT C8 HTC Z51, Accelerate Yellow, Mag ride, front lift.
      CF: roof and nacelles, mirror and high wing spoiler,
      20/21 Vossen HF-5 Carbon Flash finish, yellow calipers.
      Sky Cool Gray, Napa leather seating surfaces with perforated sueded microfiber inserts GT2 sears and steering, torch red seat belts. Custom Cargrills Radiator screens, Sigala Design Carbon Flash Rocker panels.

Current Daily
      19 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

Comment

Do I know how to pick them or what?
        Click image for larger version  Name:	C8=7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.03 MB ID:	265661
        Cape Cod Taxachusetts

3LT GDO/AYM Coupe. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts.
        Illuminated Sills. Front and Rear Splash Guards. Chrome Wheel Locks,
        Home 08/10/20

Comment

Works for me. But they aren't for sale.

Click image for larger version

Name:	001r.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	565.0 KB
ID:	265666
          1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
          2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

I’m keeping my “resale red!”
            Torch Red Z51, 3LT, Lift, Transparent Top, Black Trident, Red/Black 2 Tone-seats, Mag, Carbon Flash wing and mirrors.

Comment

Long live AYM!!!
              2021 Coupe, AYellow,z51,Mag,2LT,JetBlk,GT2,LIft,Dual RoofTransparent Deposit:4/20; 2000 12/18/20; 3800 2/22/21;4200 3/1/21; 5000 3/3/21

Comment

Not sure what they are seeing but looks like they are talking all cars and other cars besides Corvette's. None of the values match either new Corvette's. I mean for 37K??
                Yellow older Collector Corvettes not with standing maybe that is boosting yellow those Collector cars are in a different group anyway but for the C5, C6 and C7 not so sure.

I have bought Corvette's mostly C6 C6Z06 and C7 Z06 and a ZR1 both used and new and still shop them and from what I see in the past when shopping nation wide is the yellow and red have been drawing the least resale. Could of had yellow as well but no yellow for me. Quite sure I looked for far more time looking at many more Corvettes than the guy writing the article. Never go too long with out looking. I can tell you values are through the roof right now for C7's and C8's

Several times since 2005 I had owned 3 at a time in the garage. May make 1 more purchase and add a C8 Z06 to the two I currently have as a 3rd.

I bought my Red 2008 Z06 and it the cheapest car with a good history and 14k miles. It was the best deal on a 2008 Z06 for sale after months of shopping. Yellow was the other

But I been shopping them still. Sometimes I will take a good deal even if it is not my best color choice but can live with it.
                I Was considering a C7 ZR1 and it was yellow that was lowest price any of any other color I could have bought. While trying to shop condition and miles
                With Corvettes resale I think it more follows production levels. Black White draw the most money etc down the line. Red is hit or miss People who buy red new but does it have red interior?
                Notice no interior colors mentioned but interior color is a huge factor. Some people will pay extra for some colors that were not big sellers.
                Every color has it's big fans.

I bought a black 2006 Z06 great deal thought I could enjoy and live with the linen Interior the one with the Black and light tan dash and seats. I kept it maybe 3 months did not like the linen interior. Yellow was not the top Corvette resale color for C6 or C7 or C5.
                Just my take!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X