Changes To NCM’s Corvette Raffle Ticket Purchasing Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes To NCM’s Corvette Raffle Ticket Purchasing Program

Until recently we were able, no matter where we lived and no matter where we were in the U.S., to go on line and buy a NCM Corvette raffle ticket. No longer!

That is sad in three ways, first to the Museum itself — for the old program was a massive annual money maker for the Museum. Second, it became a great source of fantasy entertainment for many of us even if we were thousands of miles away. Third and best of all, many from all over the country won their new Corvette. Again..., massive changes.

I called Katie Ellison, NCM Marketing and Communications Director to learn the full and accurate details of the revised raffle ticket program a few days ago. She articulately explained it to me — for when I talked with her there was no information anywhere on their web site. However, look was since appeared on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7C6BAD5C-C892-4A5F-9874-44BAB06D45DF.jpeg
Views:	327
Size:	758.2 KB
ID:	26481

Road trip to Kentucky/NCM is the obvious next answer.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Glad I'm only 30 minutes from Kentucky ...
    A thought if I might ...

Comment

That’s certainly a setback.
      There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
      2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
      79 coupe Silver/oyster
      All one owner
      Museum lifetime members

Comment

I hope they are able to work things out with the state. This could be a big hit to their money raising efforts.

Wonder how other nationwide raffles like Dream Car Giveaway get around this?
        1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
        2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Good questions. Perhaps profit vs. non-profit, unique laws for the State of Kentucky, the way the NCM raffles were originally set up. I see that NCM is working to now expand to additional states.

Even Dream Car Giveaway has one hurdle as far as I am concerned, that they are not allowed to sell them to Oregon residents.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Darn, hope they are able to change it back. Assume the majority of their raffle sales were out of state

Comment

I just went to the NCM raffle page and it showed my location as Alabama when I'm actually in Florida.
              1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
              2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post
                I just went to the NCM raffle page and it showed my location as Alabama when I'm actually in Florida.
                Assume John can look at your IP on the forum - perhaps your internet service provider routes traffic via FL?

Comment

I just checked mine and it correctly shows Oregon. Nothing to do with our forum server.

Comment

NCM just updated it, now 3 states - Kansas, Kentucky, or Montana

https://raffle.corvettemuseum.org/locationReq.cfm

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X