All electric truck catches πŸ”₯ fire πŸ”₯

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All electric truck catches πŸ”₯ fire πŸ”₯

β€œ we do it to create a great product” ???https://www.wfmj.com/story/43303425/...prototype-fire
    Last edited by Ssscooter66; 02-24-2021, 07:22 AM.
    A thought if I might ...

Cars or Trucks catching on Fire isn't a unique occurrence
    [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
    [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Gas powered cars have been known to catch fire, too. When it happens to an electric car it gets lots of publicity because the technology is (relatively) new. But I'm not sure electric cars are any more prone to fire than gasoline power ones. Gasoline is, after all, moderately flammable.
      Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I just thought the statement they made was kinda odd , that’s all ....
        A thought if I might ...

Comment

It happens to all at times. I remember when every one of the 793 new Porsche 911 GT3’s had their motors completely replaced by Porsche due to several burn to a crisp fires on the Autobahn.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ED17D60F-86DC-4EA1-8D05-BDA9D2707CDE.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	244181

Comment

The statistics are way off from Electric fires to Gasoline fires as there are a 98 % more gasoline cars in existence and most of Gasoline Powered that catch on fire are much older and have not been properly maintained. As battery packs degrade over time and cells short out we will see a much larger percentage of battery electric car fires. Quicker charging also causes extreme heat conditions which will take a toll on battery cell technology and cause more degradation and cells shorting.
            Rocket City Florida

Comment

What floored me is the 171 worker figure at their Ohio plant. I drove past the former GM plant twice last week and it is huge. There might be portions of that plant that catch fire, have burst pipes, etc. and no one will ever know. Rememer the Vega?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X