MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

C8 Caught In The Wild Testing! Best 7 ME Videos! Inside BGA : Jagamajajaran’s Video

2 of 4 < >

2019 Grand Sport Drivers Series Officially Revealed Tomorrow. LIst of C8 Poential Patents. Considerations In Modeling The C8

3 of 4 < >

Site Maintenance Starts @ 5:00 PM Today

Yesterday’s massive software update resulted in 3 things needing help. Some already corrected. Today we get up to a one hour maintenance/update time out.
4 of 4 < >

UPGRADED FORUM SOFTWARE

To keep our forum growing with the latest software, it was just upgraded. LIke all changes, our goal is for 100% success, but sometimes only 99% is achieved. If you notice that 1%, please start a thread entitled “Software Upgrade Difference. “ Thank you for within it describing what was different, worked better or not as well. Thank you.
See more
See less

Tesla feeling the pain?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think fully electric vehicles are a novelty right now. Not reliable enough, limited mileage, too long a recharge to really travel distance in, not enough recharge stations nationally and no obvious plans to upgrade the power grid to handle wide usage.
    Hybrids are at least workable but a lot of extra complexity.
    Time will tell but I wonder what GM has in mind with their big electrification plans.
    There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
    2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
    79 coupe Silver/oyster
    All one owner
    Museum lifetime members

Comment

I think that this helps to illustrate the points I made earlier in this thread...…. Tesla has some very big issues to deal with with respect to long term viability. Will they make is as CURRENTLY structured? My money says no.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/t...194100705.html
      Last edited by Busa Dave; 01-19-2019, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Tesla has some tailwinds such as: it makes it own batteries and computer chips. Tesla's tech is considered advanced. Tesla is building a plant in China where the government could require more cars to be electric powered.

However, I agree with the headwinds stated: competition, soft car market and expired tax credits.

Comment

Tesla's strengths are battery technology and charging/electric energy management. They have a valuable trademark and reputation in this field. What they have trouble doing is manufacturing cars. Ultimately, I see a future involving licensing, either non-Tesla cars incorporating Tesla technology, or Tesla contracting out the actual manufacture of the Tesla car to an outside manufacturer (such as GM), and even licensing the actual marketing. Tesla has the biggest problems in manufacturing cars, marketing, and servicing them. Their problem is not trying to develop the technology to make them work. Maybe GM needs a new product line, "Tesla by GM".

Comment

Originally posted by WoW Factor View Post
            Tesla has some tailwinds such as: it makes it own batteries and computer chips. Tesla's tech is considered advanced. Tesla is building a plant in China where the government could require more cars to be electric powered.

However, I agree with the headwinds stated: competition, soft car market and expired tax credits.

Here is another huge issue that Tesla has to face. More problematic that it appears with the current downward trend of the stock price. Also, the question of job cuts here to pay for the China Factory?

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/...HOO&yptr=yahoo

Production cuts and downgrades are not the sign of a growing company: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla...173200619.html
            Last edited by Busa Dave; 01-23-2019, 02:29 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X