MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! 1959 Stingray Race Re-Imagined “Modern” C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

Cadillac Sports Car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadillac Sports Car?

This will stoke the discussions of an upcoming Cadillac mid engine Corvette coming. What do you think, or is this article about a CTS-V type of replacement?

Originally posted by GM Authority
    GM Showed Off Mystery Cadillac Sports Car During Investor Conference

7General Motors held an investor conference call today, and while journalists and other parties could dial into the call or webcast, a select number of investors were shown a presentation in-person.

That’s where Mark Reuss, GM President with oversight over the brand, showed off a mystery Cadillac sports car.

During Reuss’ remarks, he played a video for those present at the investor conference that was not shared via the webcast for those dialed into the presentation. Reuss mentioned the car is part of what will define Cadillac, even as the brand moves to rival Tesla as GM’s electric-car division.

We know it was a sports car of sorts because of the sounds. While we aren’t privy to the video, the sound did play through on the call, which was clearly a V8 engine with some sort of forced induction. Upcoming cars that could sport a V8 engine include a CT4-V, CT5-V, or a mid-engine Cadillac sports car. Although the idea of a mid-engine Cadillac sports car has been largely dismissed, photos of a key fob re-ignited rumors such a car is in the pipeline.

Aside from the sound, we don’t know have any other information on what the car may be. Cadillac’s CT4 and CT5 sedans, which replace the ATS and CTS, are due soon, and we’ll likely learn more about the larger CT5 first and a potential V variant to replace the beloved CTS-V. A source told GM Authority we may hear more about the car this Sunday when Cadillac reveals the XT6 crossover in Detroit ahead of the North American International Auto Show.

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/01/...#ixzz5cLXh4l7Y
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Someone who says he knows (thank you Jay Lord), says that the car will be a CT-5 coupe, not a a Cadillac sports car.

Click image for larger version  Name:	366B08BE-0EA1-4B56-A9B2-3B31854BC0BF.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	136.5 KB ID:	22463
    Last edited by John; 01-11-2019, 06:06 PM.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Looks like a camaro to me.
      2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

GM makes both Chevrolet and GMC trucks and SUVs on the same assembly lines. The core vehicles are the same, but trim packages and options can differ. Yet, amazing to me, consumers will often prefer one brand over the other of essentially the same vehicle. The joke used to be that GMC versions came with thicker washers. When you combined sales of the Silverado and the Sierra, in most years, the total sales exceeded that of Ford, which always claimed to be the Number One seller.

Cadillac reminds me of a rudderless ship seeking an identity I think they have changed the Division heed about 7 times in the last 12 years, moved to New York City, then moved back. Maybe they could use a luxury version of the C8 calibrated to appeal to whoever they think their target customer is. They could gussy it up with the power door closers and the photo gray self dimming windshield that darkens when you are driving into the sun. Thereby leaving the Chevrolet division to focus on a "sports car".

Comment

Good thing it's not a sport car. Because they would have missed the boat as it doesn't look the least bit sporty. Put a TTV6 in the XT4 you will have a winner.
          Rocket City Florida

Comment

Cadillac has produced some interesting cars over the past few years for sure, but I'd say that in this part of the world the brand image never really recovered from the '80's.
            Last edited by Bikerjulio; 01-13-2019, 12:03 PM. Reason: more restraint shown

Comment

With the models they have now they may not seem like a electric vehicle company but let’s see what the new models are like. I’m not really sure what an electric vehicle is supposed to be like but to me I don’t think it has to look any particular way. Why not just look like a well designed vehicle and not like something unusual.
              There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
              2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
              79 coupe Silver/oyster
              All one owner
              Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by Plasboy View Post
                With the models they have now they may not seem like a electric vehicle company but let’s see what the new models are like. I’m not really sure what an electric vehicle is supposed to be like but to me I don’t think it has to look any particular way. Why not just look like a well designed vehicle and not like something unusual.
                Not disparaging GM engineering. I'm just saying that the badge is important. A new nameplate would have been a better idea for the electric cars. IMO
                Last edited by Bikerjulio; 01-13-2019, 12:05 PM. Reason: being nicer

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X