Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast # 41: News & Headlines

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com connect to bring you up to date on the latest news in the world of Corvette! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...ry-2021-epbab4  Here are just a few of the topics discussed in this podcast:
1.  GM Vice President, Steve Hill, says most C8 buyers are new to the Corvette Brand and wealthier than C7 customers.
2.  The high wing spoiler for C8 is available again on Chevrolet.com
3.  The first 1967 L88 sells for $2.5m at the Mecum Auction/Kissimmee
4  Laura Wontrop Klauser is named as Sports Car Racing Program Manager
5. The 2021 race season begins for Corvette Racing at Daytona with new lineup
6. New C8.R driver, Nick Tandy, says the C8 is more stable than the Porsche 911 RSR
7.  A man wins Corvette in the Georgia Lottery, but can’t get one from a local dealer
8.  A 2019 C7 ZR1 run the quarter mile in 9.592 seconds!
9.  Lingenfelter introduces a lowering kit for C8
2 of 3 < >

We have started a monthly PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST WITH PRIZE MONEY!

3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

GM changes approach to emissions control rollbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John View Post
    Good points meyerweb. Maybe our next Corvette after our C8 Z06 would not be until a C10 when there are super quick charge (10 minute or less), electrical stations all along the way, with batteries then for even entry level electrics being 600+ mile range. We could do that for there will be ice cream stands next to each charging station. What symbiosis.
    The range is the biggest issue for me. We take lots of fairly long trips. Driving 600 miles in a day is not at all unusual. For example we drive from Waco, TX to Moab Utah in two days. Having a 350 mile range just doesn't work for us. Maybe one day they will get the range per charge up to a level where it will work for travel but as of now it would only work for me for a daily driver around town.

Comment

"General Motors abandoned the battle to nullify California’s fuel economy rules meant to curb global warming."

Pragmatic approach. The consumer should determine. Shoulda been the right choice in the first place for a car company.

Comment

Plentyfast
        You can choose from phantom fears, and kindness that can kill, I will choose a path that’s clear, I will choose free will. 🤪
        07/01/20 Placed deposit with VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Preliminary order placed in GM WB Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 2LT Coupe; GBA; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

"General Motors abandoned the battle to nullify California’s fuel economy rules meant to curb global warming."

Pragmatic approach. The consumer should determine. Shoulda been the right choice in the first place for a car company.
          I wish someone would have consulted me on the decision to nix Longbeach Red & Blade Silver ... and Keep Arctic White & Ceramic White

But I’ll Roll with Red Mist
          Deposit w/Criswell - June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone,Sky Cool Grey w/Front Lift, Mag Ride & R8C Delivery

Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

I believe you will be happy with the change from LBR to Red Mist.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post
              I wish someone would have consulted me on the decision to nix Longbeach Red & Blade Silver ...
              I didn't know Blade Silver was going to be "extinguished" when I ordered my C8. I wasn't consulted either. My C8 Blade Silver gleams.

Comment

I didn't know Blade Silver was going to be "extinguished" when I ordered my C8. I wasn't consulted either. My C8 Blade Silver gleams.
                Our decision was based on we already had a Mag Red car and never had a Silver, but I didn’t like the new Silver Flare over the Red Mist.

So there you have it ...
                Deposit w/Criswell - June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone,Sky Cool Grey w/Front Lift, Mag Ride & R8C Delivery

Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

But you can "fill up" your EV at home overnight, and most car trips are much shorter than the range of modern EVs. But for EVs to be practical for long trips, there does need to be a massive investment in infrastructure. There weren't many gas stations in the early days of automobiles, either.
                  I do not believe everyone drives short trips. I have a 2020 Ford F250 Diesel w 25k miles on the clock. I bought this in February. I drive over an hour two ways three times a week and often times more in between. I live in Texas where distances are measured in time more than miles.

While we have a generous amount of energy in all forms. I doubt that the grid would allow the majority of the population to “ fill up overnight” .

I also suspect that the 400 mile range touted in EV is likely inflated and based on select driving habits. Though I have only word of mouth knowledge. I could see Hydrogen and hydrocarbons eventually solving the issues, but doubt there is enough power generation around to fill everyone up and keep them cool or warm. See brownouts in California the last few years.
                  Anyway, I welcome tech. I hope Professor Goodenough at my alma mater comes up w the better battery, but for now, I’ll rely on hydrocarbons for my storage of energy. It can’t be beat.
                  2020 Blade Gray Metallic HTC LT3 Tan Dipped Carbon Flash

Comment

Originally posted by HTX HTC View Post

I do not believe everyone drives short trips. I have a 2020 Ford F250 Diesel w 25k miles on the clock. I bought this in February. I drive over an hour two ways three times a week and often times more in between. I live in Texas where distances are measured in time more than miles.

While we have a generous amount of energy in all forms. I doubt that the grid would allow the majority of the population to “ fill up overnight” .

I also suspect that the 400 mile range touted in EV is likely inflated and based on select driving habits. Though I have only word of mouth knowledge. I could see Hydrogen and hydrocarbons eventually solving the issues, but doubt there is enough power generation around to fill everyone up and keep them cool or warm. See brownouts in California the last few years.
                    Anyway, I welcome tech. I hope Professor Goodenough at my alma mater comes up w the better battery, but for now, I’ll rely on hydrocarbons for my storage of energy. It can’t be beat.
                    Yes---I have close to 40k on my 2020 2500 Duramax Denali. Some days will drive 1100 miles when I have gone to the ranch and back in one 28 hour period. Think the cars will be first as they are less demanding that higher HD payload vehicles. You know in the end though it makes no difference what we want or think and people that do are naïve because the train has already left the station. It is what it is so we can hue and cry all we want (I did some of that a couple of years ago) but now it is cast in stone. All you have to do is follow where the R&D monies are being spent.

Comment

Originally posted by Busa Dave View Post

Yes---I have close to 40k on my 2020 2500 Duramax Denali. Some days will drive 1100 miles when I have gone to the ranch and back in one 28 hour period. Think the cars will be first as they are less demanding that higher HD payload vehicles. You know in the end though it makes no difference what we want or think and people that do are naïve because the train has already left the station. It is what it is so we can hue and cry all we want (I did some of that a couple of years ago) but now it is cast in stone. All you have to do is follow where the R&D monies are being spent.
                      Yes you are basically correct as to what will happen being decided but it doesn’t have to be that way if everyone would really speak together as one voice.
                      Unfortunately that doesn’t seem likely so on we go.
                      There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                      2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                      79 coupe Silver/oyster
                      All one owner
                      Museum lifetime members

Comment

I hardly see a state mandate to quash ICE in favor of EV an instance of “consumer choice”. State planning is the opposite of market “free will”. California is not the consumer, it is the government proposing a TAX.

This is a pretty concise definition from Wiki.

In economics, a free market is a system in which the pricesfor goods and services are self-regulated by the open marketand by consumers. In a free market, the laws and forces of supply and demand are free from any intervention by a government or other authority, and from all forms of economic privilege, monopolies and artificial scarcities.[1] Proponents of the concept of free market contrast it with a regulated marketin which a government intervenes in supply and demand through various methods such as tariffs used to restrict trade and to protect the local economy. In an idealized free-market economy, prices for goods and services are set freely by the forces of supply and demand and are allowed to reach their point of equilibrium without intervention by government policy.

2020 Blade Gray Metallic HTC LT3 Tan Dipped Carbon Flash

Comment

Originally posted by HTX HTC View Post

Didn't say anything about "everyone." But most car drives ARE well within the range of current EVs. I acknowledged that not all do fit that model.

But it would have been a real challenge to find gas to drive 1200 miles in 1920. And that's where we are in the evolution of electric drive trains.
                          Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Awaiting allocation: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X