Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast # 41: News & Headlines

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com connect to bring you up to date on the latest news in the world of Corvette! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...ry-2021-epbab4  Here are just a few of the topics discussed in this podcast:
1.  GM Vice President, Steve Hill, says most C8 buyers are new to the Corvette Brand and wealthier than C7 customers.
2.  The high wing spoiler for C8 is available again on Chevrolet.com
3.  The first 1967 L88 sells for $2.5m at the Mecum Auction/Kissimmee
4  Laura Wontrop Klauser is named as Sports Car Racing Program Manager
5. The 2021 race season begins for Corvette Racing at Daytona with new lineup
6. New C8.R driver, Nick Tandy, says the C8 is more stable than the Porsche 911 RSR
7.  A man wins Corvette in the Georgia Lottery, but can’t get one from a local dealer
8.  A 2019 C7 ZR1 run the quarter mile in 9.592 seconds!
9.  Lingenfelter introduces a lowering kit for C8
2 of 3 < >

We have started a monthly PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST WITH PRIZE MONEY!

3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

GM changes approach to emissions control rollbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM changes approach to emissions control rollbacks

I'm posting this because it's industry news. Please let's not turn it into a discussion of politics.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/23/c...ors-trump.html

WASHINGTON — General Motors abandoned the battle to nullify California’s fuel economy rules meant to curb global warming.

The company also signaled that it was ready to work with the incoming adminsitration to reduce climate-warming emissions in the auto sector.

“Biden recently said, ‘I believe that we can own the 21st century car market again by moving to electric vehicles.’ We at General Motors couldn’t agree more,” Mary Barra, the General Motors chief executive, wrote in a letter Monday to leaders of some of the nation’s largest environmental groups.

Ms. Barra said her company, one of the largest automakers in the world, was withdrawing its support for litigation that seeks to strip California of its ability to set its own, strict fuel economy standards, and she urged Toyota and Fiat Chrysler to do the same.

Ms. Barra also spoke by telephone on Monday with Mary Nichols, California’s top climate regulator, who is a leading candidate to run the Environmental Protection Agency in a Biden administration.
    More at the link.
    Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Awaiting allocation: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Barra said it best. Good for her, as she continues to prove her ability to lead General Motors into this totally new reality. Like it or not, big change is coming, and it only makes sense to observe, listen, and learn, with an open mind, without any of the rants.
    '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
    '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
    '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
    '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
    '14 Black Z51 Coupe
    '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
    '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

Comment

Good for GM, no one is going to leave them for Dead ever again, they will Control their Future.

All Smart Auto Manufactures should be going the same.

The Best Part about The Future, is being around to experience it. 👍
      Deposit w/Criswell - June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone,Sky Cool Grey w/Front Lift, Mag Ride & R8C Delivery

Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
        Barra said it best. Good for her, as she continues to prove her ability to lead General Motors into this totally new reality. Like it or not, big change is coming, and it only makes sense to observe, listen, and learn, with an open mind, without any of the rants.
        I’ve generally got a pretty open mind and I don’t necessarily dislike EV’s but I don’t like having something rammed down my throat. As long as I have the option of IC or electric I’m ok but I have the feeling that may not be the case in the not to distant future.
        There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
        2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
        79 coupe Silver/oyster
        All one owner
        Museum lifetime members

Comment

The U.K. is restricting all new vehicle IC production effective 2030. As such, like it or not, regardless of where you might be on the political spectrum, the writing is on wall. The future is coming, and the future is now.
          07/01/20 Placed deposit with VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Preliminary order placed in GM WB Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 2LT Coupe; GBA; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

Comment

Their decision - Obviously they could care less How their Customers feel . They will loose my money after I purchase their last gasoline engine ZO6 Corvette. But it will still be OK. I can spend my money on restoring other gasoline cars.

They should live in a state that has Hurricane season and realize some people Will Never purchase a EV. No way to charge them if there is No Electricity. We can at least have a supply of fuel available to leave a catastrophic disaster. I don't even want to get into our Grid Collapsing and Electric Prices Skyrocketing, How efficient is it going to be to redevelop the Grid throughout the Whole World and what will that do to our resources ?
            Last edited by Frenzy36; 11-23-2020, 11:40 PM.
            Rocket City Florida

Comment

California has an electrical generation and distribution issue now. Even without EVs it is going to get worse for them due to their policies toward energy generation and population growth. I haven't been deeply involved in California politics for about a decade now but I haven't heard of any big policy shifts on that front. It will be interesting to watch the ripple effect the movement to EVs throughout the economy. Smart investors have and will be in front of this wave.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                Their decision - Obviously they could care less How their Customers feel . They will loose my money after I purchase their last gasoline engine ZO6 Corvette. But it will still be OK. I can spend my money on restoring other gasoline cars.

They should live in a state that has Hurricane season and realize some people Will Never purchase a EV. No way to charge them if there is No Electricity. We can at least have a supply of fuel available to leave a catastrophic disaster. I don't even want to get into our Grid Collapsing and Electric Prices Skyrocketing, How efficient is it going to be to redevelop the Grid throughout the Whole World and what will that do to our resources ?
                Wait till they decide to limit the fuel supply.
                There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                79 coupe Silver/oyster
                All one owner
                Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                  I'm posting this because it's industry news. Please let's not turn it into a discussion of politics.
                  Your request failed...unfortunately.

'64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
                  '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
                  '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
                  '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
                  '14 Black Z51 Coupe
                  '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
                  '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

Comment

Not really a political post. Both parties in California have been involved in policies that make getting new power generation in state very difficult. California has had a growing population forever almost and has the population mass to generate population growth without any in migration. Try getting an environmental impact report in California for almost anything. It can take years and cost a fortune. I know, I did it for almost 25 years and that includes Republican and Democratic administrations. Didn't really seem to make a difference. California policies toward emissions, energy generation, coupled with their huge and growing population have and will create issues. Adding huge numbers of EVs will make that problem worse. I have not heard or read anything that tells me how California is going to address the issue and it is a real issue for them. Maybe the movement towards EVs will force them to make some policy decisions in that direction.

Comment

Today I filled up 17.3 Gallons in less than 10 mins. Good for 400 miles range if my right foot allows. No EV will ever give me the same freedom, much less the audial drama of a down shift, or the simple joy of start and idle. I do have an electric truck on order, but it is not a GM.
                      2020 Blade Gray Metallic HTC LT3 Tan Dipped Carbon Flash

Comment

Even our non-environmentally-oriented home builder shocked me last month when he told me he knows his next work PU truck will be all electric. Our new DD is halfway there (reveal next week). We can not personally cope with all-elect range anxiety for our primary vehicle. Seven years ago we had seven vehicles (yes just for the two of us), and at that time we could have easily had an all electric vehicle as one of them but now we are down to the Corvette and the new one.

Our C8 Z06 could well be our last new Corvette — but then think of all the mods we could afford for it over the next decade.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by HTX HTC View Post
                          Today I filled up 17.3 Gallons in less than 10 mins. Good for 400 miles range if my right foot allows. No EV will ever give me the same freedom, much less the audial drama of a down shift, or the simple joy of start and idle. I do have an electric truck on order, but it is not a GM.
                          But you can "fill up" your EV at home overnight, and most car trips are much shorter than the range of modern EVs. But for EVs to be practical for long trips, there does need to be a massive investment in infrastructure. There weren't many gas stations in the early days of automobiles, either.
                          Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Awaiting allocation: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Good points meyerweb. Maybe our next Corvette after our C8 Z06 would not be until a C10 when there are super quick charge (10 minute or less), electrical stations all along the way, with batteries then for even entry level electrics being 600+ mile range. We could do that for there will be ice cream stands next to each charging station. What symbiosis.
                            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Do you remember the Name of the last person who stood in the way of Technology and Progress? Neither do I

I too, will always have my Gas Powered Automobile, at least my Corvette ... but do like the New E-Hummer

I’m old enough to remember the days of my Grandfather complaining about, pumping his own Gas, the 55 MPH Speed Limit and having to use Seatbelts. Oh The Calls of Infringement on his Freedom was was defining.

We’ll survive, until we don’t., but Progress will move on, with or without us.

So Enjoy The Drive while you can and however you choose while there’s still a choice.
                              Deposit w/Criswell - June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone,Sky Cool Grey w/Front Lift, Mag Ride & R8C Delivery

Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X