Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Is teslas 200 grand ev electric supercar going to rewrite the exotic car market?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JB
    Senior Contributing Member & Patron
    • Jul 2018

Is teslas 200 grand ev electric supercar going to rewrite the exotic car market?

zero to sixty in 1.9 seconds sounds pretty brutal ..

two rear jump seats and a targa lift off roof...

https://goo.gl/images/xHpuEp

https://goo.gl/images/9otG2V will the buyers of this 200 grand exotic resent having to manually lift off the targa roof? Or will tesla invent or install a roof retact system?

anyone know where the targa roof gets stored on this car?

https://goo.gl/images/ujK6BP

red and grey photoed together

https://goo.gl/images/pftbzL

will this new ev exotic change the exotic car segment forever?
  • JB
    • Jul 2018

https://goo.gl/images/WsHTsq

real or vaporware?

Comment

• JB
      • Jul 2018

Comparision chart to bugatti vs tesla upcoming supercar from tesla

https://www.google.com/search?q=tesl...3ggjvxcYWrHwM:

Comment

• JB
        • Jul 2018

At the model 3 reveal...the supercar R photo looks pretty slick...

https://goo.gl/images/9paULh

Comment

• JB
          • Jul 2018

No cut lines for the front trunk opening? Or is that because its a prototype?

or is that the space used for the 200kw batteries in addition to the floorpan?

what does this 200kw battery weigh?

the tesla model s p100d is lime 5200 lbs with a 100kw battery..or do you think this vehicle is using new battery density technology?

For lighter weight?
          Last edited by JB; 12-27-2018, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• Busa Dave
            Founding Member & Sr. Contributor
            • Jul 2018
            • DFW

Have no idea about if the Tesla will ever hit the road BUT the future is clearly getting away from the internal combustion engine. In 20 years or so they will be the exception you will see on the road. The cars like we have now will be relics of a bygone era. That is just a fact given where the R&D monies are being spent.

Comment

• C8-wannabe
              Senior Contributing Member
              • Nov 2018

Agree, it reminds me of how/when 2 stroke motorcycles got killed off, and this will be even more of a change.

Comment

• C8-wannabe
                Senior Contributing Member
                • Nov 2018

For those that haven't see it, Leno did an episode with the 2020 Tesla Roadster.

Comment

• C8Driving
                  Sr. Contributor
                  • Dec 2018

I give it credit that it is a fast car. But not for me.

Comment

• JB
                    • Jul 2018

Originally posted by C8Driving
                    I give it credit that it is a fast car. But not for me.

At 200 grand or 250 grand its not a car for me either...still we must acknowledge that as battery tech evolves and the cost comes down...which it will..

ev sports cars will expand into the more affordable cuv and sports car arena..

Comment

• John
                      co-founder/admin
                      • Jun 2018
                      • PNW

I believe that around 2023 model year, we will see a Cadillac mid engine sports car that will truly be an e-Ray, 100% electric powered.
                      2023 Z06: Elkhart Lake Blue, 2-tone blue interior, HTC, Standard Z06 with Z07 aero pkg, CCB’s, 3LZ, E60, all visible carbon fiber including wheels, & Jake Design Pkg. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 26 year NCM members. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Frenzy36
                        ZORA Patron, Founder & Sr. Contributor
                        • Jul 2018
                        • Rocket City - Florida

The scary thing is that our vehicles with all the microprocessors and miles of unshielded wiring could all be subjected to an EMP Attack. One such bomb which is not designed to blow anything up but one which is designed to go off in the atmosphere would destroy most of the vehicles on the road today. The all electric vehicles would basically become trash as it would destroy all of the systems including the hugely expensive batteries, let alone shut down our power grid. I simply don't believe we should allow ourselves to be subjected to such an event. All of the presidential planes and vehicles are made with shielded cables and extreme grounding plates to deny such events. Having an electrical background I have seen this problem coming for many years. Battery powered vehicles will also degrade in distance allowed to be traveled from day 1. For example if an electric vehicle can travel 300 miles on a charge when produced, a year later it may only travel 200 miles on a charge as the batteries will start to break down with age even if the car is not driven. There is a huge expense that you must prepare for if you are planning on keeping the vehicle past it's warranty period. Also all of the sensors on self driving technology can simply malfunction by solar flares or RF interference.
                        Secondly I for one live in Florida and have seen many hurricanes which have shut down the power grids for weeks and sometimes months in certain areas. If we were to all purchase all electric vehicles, the conditions would be much much worse as well as the death toll as people would simply not be able to even flee the area let alone drive to get the needed supplies. Even if there were super-generators put in place and there were millions of charging stations, (Which there is not) the grid would collapse and make things 10 times worse. As far as a large city being hit with a power outage for a period of time think about the Millions and Millions of people which would be stranded and could possibly freeze to death as they would not be able to leave the area either. As a second vehicle or extra toy great, but I would never trust one as far as I could push it.
                        Last edited by Frenzy36; 12-28-2018, 12:49 AM.
                        Rocket City Florida - 2013 427 Vert - 2015 ZO6 - 2020 Stingray

Comment

• Busa Dave
                          Founding Member & Sr. Contributor
                          • Jul 2018
                          • DFW

Originally posted by Frenzy36
                          The scary thing is that our vehicles with all the microprocessors and miles of unshielded wiring could all be subjected to an EMP Attack. One such bomb which is not designed to blow anything up but one which is designed to go off in the atmosphere would destroy most of the vehicles on the road today. The all electric vehicles would basically become trash as it would destroy all of the systems including the hugely expensive batteries, let alone shut down our power grid. I simply don't believe we should allow ourselves to be subjected to such an event. All of the presidential planes and vehicles are made with shielded cables and extreme grounding plates to deny such events. Having an electrical background I have seen this problem coming for many years. Battery powered vehicles will also degrade in distance allowed to be traveled from day 1. For example if an electric vehicle can travel 300 miles on a charge when produced, a year later it may only travel 200 miles on a charge as the batteries will start to break down with age even if the car is not driven. There is a huge expense that you must prepare for if you are planning on keeping the vehicle past it's warranty period. Also all of the sensors on self driving technology can simply malfunction by solar flares or RF interference.
                          Secondly I for one live in Florida and have seen many hurricanes which have shut down the power grids for weeks and sometimes months in certain areas. If we were to all purchase all electric vehicles, the conditions would be much much worse as well as the death toll as people would simply not be able to even flee the area let alone drive to get the needed supplies. Even if there were super-generators put in place and there were millions of charging stations, (Which there is not) the grid would collapse and make things 10 times worse. As far as a large city being hit with a power outage for a period of time think about the Millions and Millions of people which would be stranded and could possibly freeze to death as they would not be able to leave the area either. As a second vehicle or extra toy great, but I would never trust one as far as I could push it.
                          I have news for you. Your logic is flawed here. Today the car would be left on the side of the road with an EMP attack. Military Aerospace with several aircraft programs from design development, qualification, manufacture and on going logistical/sustainment support and this is a cornerstone in design for obvious reasons. The other points are logical however, all electric is the future like it or not.

Do I like this? Nope not one stinking bit! Will be drug kicking and screaming even though it will not do any good I will feel better.

Comment

• MidEngine
                            Sr. Contributor
                            • Nov 2018

I had a brilliant boss who taught me many life lessons, none bigger than “we can only worry so big, and beyond that worrying more just makes you miserable.”

I am going to live my day today, go for a walk in the woods, hug my wife, and enjoy my life.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...