Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Official word on North American International Auto Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official word on North American International Auto Show

According to Rod Alberts, the executive director of the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS), after this January 2019's NAIAS event, it will move to June beginning in 2020. He also stated that they are working to reinvent the show to bring back key OEMs with the 2020 show. I know I look forward to the move from snowy Detroit in January to the show in June .
    Enthusiastic owner of 'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum
    Web site: https://www.daumphotography.com/
    blog: https://insight.daumphotography.com/

And GM starts the trend in 2019 with the ME's announcement this coming June in Detroit?

Comment

Originally posted by C8-wannabe View Post
      And GM starts the trend in 2019 with the ME's announcement this coming June in Detroit?
      Nothing official regarding the ME announcement from GM, however, since they don't have any press announcement at this January's 2019 NAIAS and the following NAIAS will not be until June of 2020, no idea.
      Enthusiastic owner of 'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
      Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum
      Web site: https://www.daumphotography.com/
      blog: https://insight.daumphotography.com/

Comment

Yeah, I'm just wishful thinking.

Comment

What mid engine?

As Jeff noted, we know nothing about a ME from GM. The only/single utterance from a single official person within GM was seven words that Mark Reuss said at the ZR1’s press ride and drive last May, when he said, “We are proud of the upcoming C8.”

Maybe the C8 will be an autonomous vehicle Segway competitor???

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Hey John, you gotta remove it from your sig. line then :P

Comment

However, off the record, and from we can see from the 10 leaked CAD drawings, the hundreds of spy pictures, and to me especially the video of the both the ME at the N’Ring, and the C8.R at Sebring earlier this month, we have a potential goldmine. But whether that goldmine will be shared with us here or there, sooner or later, what is specs are...., those are massive unknowns, yet.

In case anyone missed this thread, or some of the earlier individual videos that compose it.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ptember-videos

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by C8-wannabe View Post
                Hey John, you gotta remove it from your sig. line then :P
                Thanks for your playful jest. I am going to leave my signature line as is until I hear from GM. I remain the optimistic as to a 2020 ME Corvette; time will tell, for I and many others are still thinking positively.

Comment

The autoshows are having to reinvent themselves as automakers are finding its more effective and less expensive to reveal vehicles at non autoshow events...

thats a change that rocks the auto shows to their core...

consumers still like autoshows so attendence wont change much but income from auto reveals could put quite a dent in the profitability of the shows themselves..

more and more the interweb changes our world.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X