Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Myth or Reality: Model Year Designation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myth or Reality: Model Year Designation

I was always under the understanding that an OEM could not sell a model year designated car more than one year in advance, i.e., that on this New Year’s Eve, Monday, December 31, 2018, that a vehicle manufacturer may designate a new vehicle that they are selling that day as a 2018 or a 2019 ( or previous), but it could not designate a model sold as that day as a 2020 (or higher).

A very bright friend said to me last night, that this an urban legend, that there is no such state nor Federal regulation.

Can anyone please quote a Federal statute or admin law that confirms or denies what an OEM can or can not do about a vehicle’s model year designation?
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Wiki thinks there is a regulation. Which makes sense since EPA regs are often based on "model year" so there needs to be a regulatory definition.

In the United States, for regulation purposes (such as VIN numbering and EPA emissions certification), government authorities allow cars of a given model year to be sold starting on January 1 of the previous calendar year. For example, this means that a 2019 model year vehicle can legally go on sale on January 1, 2018.[3] This has resulted in a few cars in the following model year being introduced in advertisements during the NFL's Super Bowl in February. A notable example of an "early" model year launch would be the Ford Mustang, introduced as an early 1965 model (informally referred to as "1964½") in April 1964 at the World's Fair, several months before the usual start of the 1965 model year in August 1964.
    (i)
    The term “model year” with reference to any specific calendar yearmeans the manufacturer’s annual production period (as determined by the Administrator) which includes January 1 of such calendar year. If the manufacturer has no annual production period, the term “model year” shall mean the calendar year.
    (ii)
    For the purpose of assuring that vehicles and engines manufactured before the beginning of a model year were not manufactured for purposes of circumventing the effective date of a standard required to be prescribed by subsection (b), the Administrator may prescribe regulations defining “model year” otherwise than as provided in clause (i)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_year
    2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
    Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
    2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
    Spectra Grey Tridents.
    Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Excellent. What I thought but my knowledgeable friend was adamant. Thank you Bikerjulio.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

In the 1970s, American Honda updated the titles, in some bases by two years, on tens of thousands of unsold left over motorcycles. They were successfully sued in a class action suit for fraudulently representing old stock as current production

Comment

Thanks Milliwatt. Glad they got caught. I had sure not known about that particular fraud.

Comment

Here's what I found ..
            https://www.chicagotribune.com/class...101-story.html
            A thought if I might ...

Comment

Thank you Ssscoooter66. I enjoy learning new things.

Comment

I dont care what year they call it....just release it and get one to me!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X