MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tremec TR-9007 DCT For The C8? C7’s Ending & C8’s Beginnings: Possible Options. ME’s Infotainment System Capabilities and Components

2 of 2 < >

Wish To Change Your Forum Name? Bob Lutz on C8 vs C7 Pricing; ME’s LT2 Engine Technology Enhancments!

It is easy to change your forum name. Retain your post count. Please PM “John.”
Chazcron’s Renders of Today:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...w-gif-and-ones
C8 Just A Little More: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...on-for-version
See more
See less

First real photo of new supra ...you like? Will it sell or be a dud?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be fun to see...bmw s six i believe is a straight six ...there seems a huge mive to straight sixes surprisingly...

mercedes brought out a version last year, gm has a light duty diesel I6 and fca has a runored six that is only a few inches longer than fca s four cylinder..

v6 s have slightly more imbalance or secondary vibrations...

now that cuv s are replacing sedans..v6 s might be giving way to inline versions...

just shooting the breeze..

i dont see a cross shop for the supra with the c8 although pricing seems close...

volume guesses on supra ? 5k units a year in the usa if toyotas lucky....but thats just a guess.

Comment

Whttps://jalopnik.com/2019-toyota-sup...ampaign=bottom

Comment

Supposedly these are the first real photos..

meh

Comment

Just leaked Toyota Supra pictures. IMO, it is way too busy, not flowing, nor it is attractive, especially for its size. As teenagers would say, “not feeling it.”

Sorry JB; I was busy finding and posting just after you did (did not see your above post).

Pictures thanks to CarBuzz.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6C1E9AD9-00E5-4E11-A70B-A6902D4D2127.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	66.8 KB ID:	20814

Click image for larger version  Name:	03A867C2-CFB4-4632-9DC1-A9F4B5FF142E.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	68.8 KB ID:	20815
          Last edited by John; 12-28-2018, 02:50 PM.
          Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

I really liked the concept. But this, if accurate, is..... a letdown? Disappointing?

Those are the most charitable words that come to mind. Cartoonish, awkward, and terrible also came to mind. Of course, it's always hard to judge a 3D car in a 2D photo if you've never seen it in the flesh, so I'll withhold judgement, but the proportions seem really off. If Toyota really prices it to match the Z4, I don't see this succeeding. But Toyota and BMW are very different companies, with different cost structures, sales volumes, and marketing strategies, so it could be quite a bit cheaper.
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Well its got detail? Too bad the proportions look awkward especially with the narrow width of the fenders...both front and rear but especially at the rear three quarters...

the ft1 concept was slick...another vehicle that just doesnt translate from concept to production vehicle with the same futuristic looks..

sometimes the photos create a strange look that in person...look more balanced...

i never was a supra fan..

new it was really pricey at the time and heavy....

i did hear modded they were great dyno runners....and top end beasts...

just never caught my attention other than all the trolls that used to visit the corvette sites..

Comment

Compared to a thundering torquey V8, a six always sounds a bit like a fast revving sewing machine. But if you are going to have a straight six, the BMW is hard to beat.

I liked the camo paint job on that Toyota. Reminds me of pajamas worn by Rodney Dangerfield in some comedy movie..

Click image for larger version

Name:	b579a43f-2019-toyota-supra-gr-spy-shots-12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	331.1 KB
ID:	20824

Comment

Is it just me or does this supra seem more like a high priced nissan 370z...

maybe without the camaflauge in person it’ll look better?

I was never that thrilled with the mundane supra over the years...

it was nice but never rang my bell.

Comment

The new supra is revealed here at this link..

looks awesome and Im not a supra fan from years back..

these photos look impressive all the same...

what sayou (and noits not a corvette)

https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-toyota...m_campaign=top

Click image for larger version  Name:	DF24B5CA-2C17-40DE-A9F2-5D5A1271D784.png Views:	1 Size:	261.6 KB ID:	22312Click image for larger version  Name:	052038A9-7CD4-4B9C-99AA-34C45DD40C81.png Views:	1 Size:	301.4 KB ID:	22314
                    Last edited by John; 01-11-2019, 10:53 AM.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yes looked at it. Not for me does nothing for me. Not to mention very light on power.

Comment

Does nothing for me either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CB0D5678-9AC0-4A8D-9079-93F588DAEAC7.png
Views:	1
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	22316
                        Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Current Vettes:
                          '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                          '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
                          '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
                          "Delta t = 23"

Comment

Too short. The proportions are all wrong, and the rear deck / hatch way too droopy. These shapes worked on the longer show car, but in squashing it to fit the BMW underpinnings it ended up kind of cartoonish, IMHO.

But it's hard to judge a brand new car based on a couple of 2D pictures. I wasn't crazy about the back-end of the C7 when I first saw pictures, but in reality it's stunning. Maybe the Supra will also look a lot better in the metal.
                            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                            27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

IMHO, the Supra is dead and this is just a failed attempt to bring it back. First of all, the proportions are all weird (just like in the Z4 where the hood is over half the length of the car). Secondly, it has a BMW engine (which are great engines but this thing is supposed to be a Supra, not a BMW). Stud or dud? Well, I think that will depend on the price point really...Just as in the new NSX, if they price it out of fanboy grasps, it will fail. I do not find this thing to be attractive in way and do not care to even go to the dealer to see them -and I am a Supra fan.

Comment

This reminds me of the original 1970 opel GT...

check it out in motion

https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-toyota...m_campaign=top

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X