MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Interviews Harlan Charles Re The C8 & More: ON NOW

What a wonderful Corvette Today podcast!!! Steve Garrett sits down with Corvette Product Manager, Harlan Charles on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...enea/a-a2qtt60. Harlan talks about his early years with Chevrolet and how he became Product Manager for Corvette. He also discusses the cohesive work done by the entire Corvette team-from C5 through C8.  You'll learn about the evolution of the new mid-engine C8 Corvette and the steps taken to bring it to market. Plus, Harlan delves into the launch of the C8, the development of the strategy behind the mid-engine car.
See more
See less

Latest numbers from BG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vetter1 View Post
    Thanks for the update. Has to be something and could very well be supply issues. GM did a major reshuffling of C8 production yesterday and us poor souls waiting for our convertibles got pushed far back. I went from April 6, August 3, August 10, to September 21. Another member went from August 3 to October 26. Obviously there is a problem regarding convertible production. Yes I know two members have a TPW of August 3, like winning the lottery, but what about the other 3298 people in line for theirs? I'm surprised the birdies haven't been chirping abut this. If covid creeps in dates will be pushed back further. I've just about had enough. It's time for GM to communicate what is happening.
    Vetter1 - I feel for all of us, including GM. It would be nice to keep us informed (I read all of the posts about this communication, or lack thereof), I understand (believe me I do) about how frustrating all this can be, and it completely puts a damper on the excitement and anticipation of getting your new C8.

On the other hand, I feel for GM. Many of us "old timers" have been down this road before with previous generation Corvettes, myself included. In the "old" days, you could track your status, your build, the transport of your car, etc. with some degree of certainty. It's a different world now, between the strike and COVID, it's so much harder to keep the variables under control....

And then add in the changing demographics of the Corvette buyer. I get it...it needs to happen....I'm not too far from worrying more about used tennis ***** for my walker than my next Corvette. We need new blood in the hobby. And if folks want to wrap their C8 to look like the Partridge Family Bus, or add a twin turbo and implode their engine...more power to them...it's their car, and they have every freaking right to. I just don't like the negativity we see.....

On the other hand, GM has had their hand forced in many of the ways we used to have to gather info. I used OnStar to track my 2015 Z06 from BGAP to the Dealer, in late 2014. I *NEVER* considered starting the car or honking the horn in their parking lot....it wasn't even my car at that point. And I used (albeit older and less definitive) methods to understand where my cars were in terms of JCT picking them up and delivering them. But I *NEVER* considered calling JCT to complain about the status of a car I didn't even own.

It's an era of instant gratification. And in GM trying to help, it can also "hurt". And I'm not judging (much)....just trying to humbly make the point that things are not what they were for many of us long time Corvette fans.....and it has become a much different and more challenging world to try and balance all the demands we (and GM) are faced with.

Good luck to all awaiting a new C8.....and thank you for continuing the popularity of my favorite hobby.

Comment

• It could be a robot malfunction or general maintenance issues. I work at FedEx and every day it seems like something breaks down and needs to get repaired asap.

Comment

• I'm hoping the number was down yesterday because they slipped in a couple HTC CTF's..... Yeah I feel for those coupe buyers whose cars could slip a bit but us HTC buyers have been slipping to the back of the line since January! Oh well.... maybe some good news is just around the corner. In the mean time, I'll be thinkin' of Murray and the big smile he has on his face, every time I check this site.....
        C8 Deposit July 2018 (HTC). In the system: Jan 20. Torch Red with lots of goodies. Museum Delivery in Sept.... maybe.

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

• I am convinced that it's NOT supplier related, as we've heard a few times, that they have 3 weeks worth of parts on hand for the upcoming builds. Also been told once at 3400 ALL parts for your car are on hand, in house.

I'm guessing the reason for a lower output day, was perhaps a meeting, or something along those lines.
          3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

• Murray is your car coming from cullens in St. Catharines? I live there and mine being built august 10 week. I will talk to Jeff and find out when you are picking it up and will meet you there.

Comment

• Yes, I am with them. Glad to let you check it out.
              Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
              2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
              Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, 3300: July 15/20 3400: July 21 3800: July 30! Delivered?
              TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27.

Comment

• Nice recovery!
                6594 > 6710 = 117

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	173746
                Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, 3300: July 15/20 3400: July 21 3800: July 30! Delivered?

Comment

• Great news for a solid Friday's performance !!!

Put me down for next Wednesday...... VIN # 6987. I'm ready....
                  3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

• Based on those numbers, thank you for providing them, BGA has been averaging 114 C8’s per day for the past three weeks.

BGA is rocking it!
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• This is all good news, looking forward to my turn, which per CC won't happen until the week of Aug. 31st. Hopefully it stays or better yet moves up, but congrats to all before me. Went 3000 on 1/28 and last TPW is 8/31. Who else is with me?

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
                        Based on those numbers, thank you for providing them, BGA has been averaging 114 C8’s per day for the past three weeks.

BGA is rocking it!
                        Ya, I wasn't quite sure how Kai Spande's numbers worked, but he provided a plant update seminar during the NCM's Virtual Bash on May 28, 2020 and once again stated that takt time is 4.5 minutes per station.

"While a target takt time of 4.5 minutes would result in an hourly production volume of 13.33 cars per hour (60/4.5=13.33), the 4.5 minute figure is the target so that the desired net production volume can be 11.5 or 11.6 cars per hour. The 11.5 or 11.6 figure accounts for down time and other interruptions. This goal translates to a net takt time of 5.2 minutes per car, providing the desired volume of 11.54 cars per hour."

But certainly they are doing very close to the target! I suspect there are CTF HTC's thrown into the mix which could also colour the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Strake View Post
                          Great news for a solid Friday's performance !!!

Put me down for next Wednesday...... VIN # 6987. I'm ready....
                          I’m right behind you at vin# 7211, SB made on Friday...
                          2020 C8 - Long Beach Red, Z51, FE4: Mag Ride, 3LT: Natural Interrior, E60: front lift, Q8S: Machined faced trident spoke wheels, RCC: Red engine cover, ZZ3: Engine appearance package, J6N: Edge red calipers, CC3: Transparent roof

Powell, Ohio

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank20 View Post
                            This is all good news, looking forward to my turn, which per CC won't happen until the week of Aug. 31st. Hopefully it stays or better yet moves up, but congrats to all before me. Went 3000 on 1/28 and last TPW is 8/31. Who else is with me?
                            I’m at 3000 as of February 18th. My initial TPW is also 8/31. I’m the same as you frank20 on 8/31. Hope it’s not pushed back.

Comment

• One thing I'll be curious about is the vins report once the HTC's are started. Surely the first vin will be 1G1Y83D44L5100001 ??

Comment

• In past generations the last 5 numbers of convertibles were in the regular numeric sequence.... they did NOT start at '00001'. The CTF's to date have all been numbered in the normal sequence with the only difference being the '3'. I sure do miss the shipping report with the VIN's. It took some of the mystery out of the build progress.
                                C8 Deposit July 2018 (HTC). In the system: Jan 20. Torch Red with lots of goodies. Museum Delivery in Sept.... maybe.

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X