Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM service update bulletin A202321990 - Air Fuel Enrichment Reprogram ECU module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM service update bulletin A202321990 - Air Fuel Enrichment Reprogram ECU module

After hearing about a recently released service bulletin on 8/25 I searched and found the following info on line which the dealer referenced when I called about scheduling an appointment for my first oil and transmission filter change. This apparently applies to all 2020 C8's.

This is the info and comment from an owner that had the update implemented and the effect on how the engine transmission behaved afterwards. Has anyone else had this ECU update done?

A202321990 Air Fuel Enrichment - Certain vehicles may have engine control module software that leads to erroneous additional fuel enrichment under rare driving conditions.

After that was done and an hour drive - [owner] found the following: (1) the WOT pops at upshifts got slightly muted, but it's still there, (2) the upshifts are smoother at WOT, (3) the engine brake when lifting is stronger, (4) slightly more responsive throttle response, (5) the coolant in traffic idle hot day today was about 10 degrees colder, when it would usually read 208-210F, it's only 195F when I was stuck in traffic for 3-5 minutes.

Apparently it was newly issued to C8 a few days ago, but it was issued to Camaro and other products earlier in June.
    2020 Torch Red Z51, Mag Ride, 2LT, Two tone GT2 seats (Black Red), Front Lift, Engine Appearance, Red Engine Cover, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Wheels, Mirrors/Spoiler, Black Lugs, R8C Museum Delivery

Thank you for that information. Moved to our TSB section.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I had this done at my dealership a couple of weeks ago on my 2020.

Comment

Re: Air Fuel Enrichment, my ECM was reprogrammed with “SPS Program” on 9/1/2021 during my initial oil change/transmission filter change.

Comment

Originally posted by L79 View Post
          I had this done at my dealership a couple of weeks ago on my 2020.
          Just curious if you noticed any differences in the operation or performance of the car similar to what was described by another owner who had this done?

One thing I always notice on cold start is the car emits a fairly strong exhaust smell which goes away just a minute or so after start up. On warm start up you smell nothing. So not sure if this software adjustments has anything to do with improving emissions as well.
          2020 Torch Red Z51, Mag Ride, 2LT, Two tone GT2 seats (Black Red), Front Lift, Engine Appearance, Red Engine Cover, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Wheels, Mirrors/Spoiler, Black Lugs, R8C Museum Delivery

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
          Working...
          X