MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

We are extremely pleased to welcome Kerbeck Corvette as a “Featured Forum Vendor.”

Kerbeck Corvettes has been the # 1 Corvette sales dealership since 1994. We are fortunate and excited that they have joined our MECF family.
2 of 4 < >

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Not New, But 48 Wonderful High Resolution C8 Pictures

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Also, High Resolution C8 Pictures!

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...f-the-interior

48 High Resolution C8 Pictures:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...8-spy-pictures
3 of 4 < >

Scheduled Software Maintenance: Tuesday, 8:00 PM

We have scheduled software maintenance and upgrades Tuesday (19th) @ 8:00 PM. While vBulletin always say not more than an hour, they have averaged 10 minutes in length. Thank you — as we continually are committed to having the best forum software available.
4 of 4 < >

Welcome Corvette Dream Giveway As Our Forum Founding Vendor!

We welcome an outstanding organization as a MECF vendor, one who has an amazing and such a.well deserved reputation for giving away staggering amounts of funds to very worthy organizations who help others.

https://www.dreamgiveaway.com/dg/corvette?promo=ME2019C
See more
See less

Some 2017 Corvettes Recalled Over Steering Failure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some 2017 Corvettes Recalled Over Steering Failure

Have a 2017 Corvette, thanks to CorvetteBlogger, you ought to know about this recall for some Corvettes (though the majority of those being recalled are Camaros — with a sprinkling of Cadillacs too).

Originally posted by CorvetteBlogger
    RECALL] 2017 Corvette Among Several GM Models Being Recalled for Potential Power Steering Issue

By
    Mitch Talley
    -
    Mar 14, 2019
    Save

[RECALL] 2017 Corvette Among Several GM Models Being Recalled for Potential Power Steering Issue
    Photo Credit: CorvetteImages.com

Four General Motors models – including Corvette – are being recalled because of potential electric power steering failures.

Included in the recall are about 27,000 vehicles, including the 2017 Corvette, 2017 Chevrolet Camaro, 2017 Cadillac ATS, and 2016-18 Cadillac CTS.

GM discovered the problem after opening an investigation last September into sudden power steering losses in 2017 Camaros based on information from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

The failures may occur while driving, making it difficult to turn the steering wheel. That could make it especially dangerous at slow speeds or around curves.

GM engineers determined that in about 80 percent of the cases involving Camaros, intermittent electrical problems occurred in the torque sensor printed circuit boards of the power steering gear assemblies. Further investigation discovered the same problems in two Corvette steering gear assemblies, and GM also found the same circuit boards being used in the two Cadillac models.

GM also noticed a spike in warranty repairs that were traced back to manufacturing errors made by Bosch, which supplied the power steering assemblies.

The failure will apparently last the whole time the car is being driven, but the steering sometimes returns once the vehicle is turned off and restarted.

Drivers are alerted to the failure by the difficult steering, obviously, as well as an instrument panel message and the sounding of a chime.

GM dealers will replace the power steering gear assemblies starting this month. For more information, call 800-222-1020 and ask about recall number N182182760.

Recall Information

February 7, 2019
    Loss of Power Steering Assist

Loss of power steering assist would require a higher steering effort, especially at lower speeds, which may increase the risk of a crash.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V086000
    Manufacturer General Motors LLC
    Components STEERING
    Potential Number of Units Affected 26,772

Summary
    General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2016-2018 Cadillac CTS, and 2017 Cadillac ATS, Chevrolet Camaro, and Chevrolet Corvette vehicles. The electric power steering (EPS) assist system may fail.

Remedy
    GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the power steering gear assembly, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in March 2019. GM’ number for this recall is N182182760.

Notes
    Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov

Source:
    NHTSA.gov via carcomplaints.com
    https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019...teering-issue/

So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

I was made aware of the problem a while back but told that there was no fix. So I guess now they’re going to fix them. Thanks for sharing John.
    Last edited by Meldoon; 03-14-2019, 08:15 PM.
    The least we can do is wave to each other

Comment

Further we learned that 6,529, 2017 Corvettes are subject to that recall. Hope it is not yours, but as least there is now a fix.
      Last edited by John; 03-14-2019, 07:44 PM.
      So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        Further we learned that 6,529 2017 Corvettes are subject to that recall. Hope it is not yours, but as least there is now a fix.
        6529 is no small number when you consider the production for 2017 was 32,782 units.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
        Working...
        X