Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today’s News That “Corvette Fever” Returns

Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Colvin-euvkq2. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication. Plus, listen to this podcast and register to win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this episode! Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
2 of 4 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
3 of 4 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

Documents that Support 1st DCT Filter Change is Free (actually Pre-Paid)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents that Support 1st DCT Filter Change is Free (actually Pre-Paid)

Free Service.pdf Some people have been told by their dealers that the DCT filter change isn't included in the first service and is an additional charge. I thought I'd post some supporting documents here since they are scattered across different threads and tend to get buried. Keep in mind that this change needs to be done within the first year of ownership and at 7500 miles or when the Oil Life Monitor calls for an oil change. If you want to change your engine oil sooner you should pay for that service (or do it yourself) since the DCT filter change needs to be performed with the first free service for it to be included.

Fell free to add more.

Last edited by RKCRLR; 04-11-2021, 11:02 AM.
    2020 C8 Stingray Convertible - Torch Red - Natural Dipped 3LT - Z51 w/MSRC - Front Lift

Thank you RKCRLR. Your thread is truly a PSA. Though we have discussed this many, many, many times before and as I know (confirmed fact I personally verified) that every dealership has been notified of this by Chevrolet, it is discouraging that some dealerships are not yet aware of this, e.g., did not read the written communication they were sent.

Since however this issue keeps coming up (what is this the 10th time), I have sticky’d your thread. Thanks again.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thank you for posting this! Does anyone have the Customer Acknowledgement Form for a 2020 instead of 2021 C8? I'm sure a dealer might point to it and say 'this doesn't apply to a 2020' if I bring the 2021 form in. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by shiumai View Post
        Thank you for posting this! Does anyone have the Customer Acknowledgement Form for a 2020 instead of 2021 C8? I'm sure a dealer might point to it and say 'this doesn't apply to a 2020' if I bring the 2021 form in. Thanks in advance!
        I don’t think anyone has been able to produce a copy that says 2020. I’ve been looking for one to help out you 2020 owners but I have never seen one posted anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by shiumai View Post
          I have seen a 2020 version posted online, but it does not specifically mentions the DCT filter. So you'll have to just use the other documents posted above.

Found it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020_d449229884bffb1445f054b1eabb5587f497eb71.png
Views:	423
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	259474
          Last edited by meyerweb; 04-12-2021, 06:33 PM.
          Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3300, TWP 5/??: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
            Found it:
            Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the valuable information. It’s great to keep some of the dealers honest!

Comment

Thanks for this information. OP suggests that if you aren't at 7500 miles, the service isn't free. After reading all of the material posted, the only thing that references 7500 miles is the Owner's Manual, which says that is when the "first scheduled maintenance" is. However, none of the literature regarding the free oil change suggests a mileage limitation; it only refers to the one year mark. This makes sense, given MANY of these cars are not going to have 7500 miles within the first year. In fact, some may not have 7500 for 2 or 3 years! In those cases, GM still recommends getting annual service (oil change, etc.), despite low mileage. Guess I will find out soon enough, because there's no way we will have 7500 miles at year 1 anniversary, and we intend on having the vehicle serviced annually.

Comment

I'm sitting at my dealership right now, and was told that the transmission filter is on "national backorder". I'm not sure that I believe that, but fortunately I already have the DCT filter kit (filter, o-ring, 4 bolts) that I bought over a month ago in anticipation of doing the filter change myself (before I experienced my transmission issue). https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-4-6-8-missing BTW, the transmission has been fine since I applied the "fix".

So, they'll be using my filter and sending me the one they have on order when it arrives.

There was no question about the filter change being free, so this dealership seems knowledgeable.
                  My C8:
                  '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
                  '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                  '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                  '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Thanks to RKCRLR for the first post in this thread. I took a copy of the "Free Service" pdf with me to the dealer today and it really helped as they wanted to charge me almost $400 for the transmission filter change. The service writer explained that the computer system shows him what is free or not, what recalls need to be addressed, etc., but it did not include the free trans filter. After he consulted with the service manager, the fee was removed. My advice: take a copy of this pdf with you!

Comment

Very good information. Thanks!!! had my car two weeks and now pushing 1700 miles. Filter change will come very soon. I am guilty for enjoying this car!

Comment

I received a flyer from my dealer very recently, from Chevrolet, that clearly shows the transmission filter is included. Mine is a 2020 and my serial number is included at the bottom.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Another benefit of having MacMulkin as my dealer. The filter was not an issue. They just changed it and said “free, free, free”. Like the online tax commercial.👍

Comment

This thread is proving invaluable. I'm the first C8 that my local dealer has serviced and they are adamant that the computer only shows the oil filter as being covered (not the transmission). I didn't save any of the fliers GM sent me but this thread provides!

Comment

Originally posted by jackfrostpdx View Post
                              This thread is proving invaluable. I'm the first C8 that my local dealer has serviced and they are adamant that the computer only shows the oil filter as being covered (not the transmission). I didn't save any of the fliers GM sent me but this thread provides!
                              It's truly amazing how incompetent so many dealers are. GM has notified them multiple times of the policy, and they've ignored every one of them.
                              Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3300, TWP 5/??: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X