MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Not New, But 48 Wonderful High Resolution C8 Pictures

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Also, High Resolution C8 Pictures!

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...f-the-interior

48 High Resolution C8 Pictures:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...8-spy-pictures
2 of 4 < >

Scheduled Software Maintenance: Tuesday, 8:00 PM

We have scheduled software maintenance and upgrades Tuesday (19th) @ 8:00 PM. While vBulletin always say not more than an hour, they have averaged 10 minutes in length. Thank you — as we continually are committed to having the best forum software available.
3 of 4 < >

Welcome Corvette Dream Giveway As Our Forum Founding Vendor!

We welcome an outstanding organization as a MECF vendor, one who has an amazing and such a.well deserved reputation for giving away staggering amounts of funds to very worthy organizations who help others.

https://www.dreamgiveaway.com/dg/corvette?promo=ME2019C
4 of 4 < >

Advantages of ME Over FE Configuration! Patent for Variable Width Spoiler

See more
See less

C7 ZR1 Exhaust Flames

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C7 ZR1 Exhaust Flames

Under certain conditions, the 2019 ZR1 can, by prolong shooting engine flames out the exhaust, potential damag the ZR1 badge and the rear fascia. Thanks to CorvetteActionCenter for the following Service Bulletin. Thankfully a software reprogram can fully solve this issue.

Click image for larger version  Name:	72F8ECB4-B5FF-44D2-963C-C98F2BE24A3B.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	954.8 KB ID:	21022

https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...ile.php?id=146
    So many questions about the ME right now; so few answers yet.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

The flames are a misfire? And I thought it was all done on purpose. Silly me.
    2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Actually both. The excessive length of time of the flames is a misfire. The actual flames are cool, and as you know, a secondary by-product of both intake port and cyclinder injection — as result of unburnt fuel being superheated.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

John, I respectfully disagree and here is why. Please correct me where I a wrong in my analysis and conclusion.

There is nothing in this writeup mentioning purposefully displaying flames unless you're referring to the second line where it states that "a fuel injector may be commanded on.....". This begs the question of how this feature is commanded on? Is there a flames on button with this feature? If no, then the rest of this same sentence references this being a misfire and not something done on purpose.
        2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

I can only share that at the ZR1’s reveal, that Tadge was happy to share (bragging is excessive to describe it) that due to the dual injection fuel mode, that under certain circumstances that flames were coming out the back. GM even released a video of this.

There is no switch to turn on or off to create the flames. Additionally, TSB notes that this is only happening on certain vehicles.

Originally posted by Automobile Mag
          Fuel delivery is handled by a combination of direct and port injection, a pairing that is said to be responsible for the car’s already-legendary ability to blow a jet of blue flame out of the exhaust at wide-open throttle.
          My take, could be wrong, is that there is no inherent problem with short term flame duration, but when there is a 7.5 second long flame as a result of a misfire, that is when there is a potential for flame damage, and since they are not going to change the dual fuel injection, that some vehicles are having an issue with too long a flaming occurrence.

The correction is a ECM software reprogramming, something to prevent long duration flames. Reprogramming it will reduce the flame time duration lengt of the misfiring, and thus reduce fascia damage as a result of flame overheating it.

Comment

Ok thanks.
            now excluding this misfire and no actual flame on/off button, can one turn on the flames at will via acceleration or shifting or something else?
            2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Sorry, the only last thing I was just able to learn was that this happens at full throttle.

Comment

Well, I guess I better forget about driving a ZR-1 through an old leaky oil refinery. I could blow the place up.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X