MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Do Not Post Anything Political On This Forum!

Violators will not as usual get a gentle private message. Anything posted from now on that is political SHALL result in a minimum one week banning. We do not care what side of the political realm you are on. Take your politics elsewhere! MECF is a car forum
See more
See less

Brake sensor contamination recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake sensor contamination recall

Thanks to our colleagues at the Corvette Action Center for this important brake contamination safety information.

Click image for larger version

Name:	75029792-C3F6-4706-8D08-2E948AE56D8F.jpeg
Views:	405
Size:	414.7 KB
ID:	193476

Click image for larger version  Name:	68325910-9353-4A01-8E0B-C8EFF164377C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	600.9 KB ID:	193474

Click image for larger version  Name:	48D1A244-AC90-433A-829D-5CE551476F70.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	225.5 KB ID:	193473
    Last edited by John; 09-24-2020, 08:14 PM. Reason: Thanks Bikerjulio for finding this important safety info. Due to its importance, imported it here.
    2020 C8 Corvette
    Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
    2LT, Z51 + MRC
    Spectra Grey Tridents
    Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Wow, I hope this one is resolved quickly.
    My Tactics Instructor use to say "it doesn't matter what you carry....but you can never have enough ammo".

Cars 1973 Camaro RS RestoMod (LSX454) if I ever finish, 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT (was my Dad's car, lots of sentimental meaning), 2012 Hennessey HPE600 Camaro Convertible, 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary Convertible and I am looking forward to my first Corvette C8, just in time for my 50th.

Comment

This is going to impact EVERY C8 sitting in the lot at Bowling Green it appears. Since our HTC was to be built this week, I'm guessing that it will go into delivery 'limbo' and sit there until they have the parts to retrofit as described in the release. Not good. Not happy..... but I'd rather have it sitting in their inventory waiting on a 'fix' than be driving down the road hoping it stops when I step on the brake.....

What next???
      2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivery October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Picking up my car from the dealer tomorrow at 3PM, I technically bought it on Monday so maybe I will be OK?
        Waiting on my Jet black 3LT Z51

Comment

Thank you Bikerjulio.

Comment

I just checked my VIN
            My C8 built 911 20 is at 4000 status at BGA

Hurry up and wait

GM RECALL CENTER

If a recall has been issued for your GM vehicle, including Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saturn, HUMMER or SAAB, find it here.
            Currently, there are no recalls or programs associated with your 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Y2
            • VIN: 1G1Y72D4XL5109959
            • Results last updated: Sep 24, 2020

Comment

My car is in transit and due next week. I typed in my VIN and it said to recall. It says it affects "certain" cars, but not all of them. At least that is how I read it. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Thanks Bikerjulio. While highly probable that it is way too soon to look up VIN’s here yet, this is where each vehicle effected will be listed as soon as soon as GM has identified them all:

https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I guess I was lucky to get mine delivered yesterday @ 11AM. It's finally home now getting the front screens and accessories installed. It has been a long wait of 13+ months.
                  1LT |Torch Red/Black | DOB=8/31 | Home on 9/24.
                  Splash Guards, Cargo Nets, All weather Jake Floor Mats and Cargo Area Liner, and Front Grille Screens behind grilles.

Comment

Recall has not been issued yet so your VIN will not show up.
                    what has been issued is an order to stop deliveries and stop shipping until a recall is issued.

Comment

Here is a clickable link to search for GM recall info. Checked mine and like the NHTSA site, no info on this recall yet.

https://my.gm.com/recalls

Comment

Wow... does this mean all the C8's on corvette blvd today are non deliverable?
                        https://www.corvettemuseum.org/explore/web-cams/
                        I have a delivery set for next week - I better keep an eye on this thread!

Comment

i'm reading elsewhere that a list of affected VINs has already been sent to dealers, and presumably the museum as well.
                          2020 C8 Corvette
                          Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                          2LT, Z51 + MRC
                          Spectra Grey Tridents
                          Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Comment

I was just told by my dealer that this only affected 39 corvettes total and mine is not one of them, picking it up in 5 hours!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoC8 View Post
                              I was just told by my dealer that this only affected 39 corvettes total and mine is not one of them, picking it up in 5 hours!!!!
                              Thanks for the good news

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X