Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast Latest Corvette News

Wow....there is so much Corvette news coming out right now.   Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com joins your host, Steve Garrett to cover it all. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...e-2021-e12kai2  Check out some of the headlines below....
1.  GM Cancels June Allocation – 3000 status orders to be completed
2.  Chevrolet releases details and pricing on 2022 Corvette
3.  Chevrolet will offer a Corvette C8.R Special Edition for 2022
4.  2022 C8 Corvette Visualizer is now live
5.  Right-hand drive C8’s arrive in Japan and revealed at Fuji Speedway
6.  Ordering Opens in Australia and New Zealand
7.  GM still working out details for 2023 Racing Program
8.  Juan Pablo Montoya loves the Indy 500 pace car C8 Corvette!
9.  With C8 details out for 2022, the Z06 will most likely be a 2023 model
10.  Pre-owned Corvette pricing up 34% in the last year
...and there's lots more!  Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
See more
See less

Potential Valve Spring Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm at 1500 miles, build date 7/15/20 and no problems (knock on wood). 😁

Comment

• Haven't seen many posts for 2021 C8's with valve spring issues, so here goes. My 2021 was built on April 17, 2021; it was delivered on 5-5-2021; after only 223 miles, got the dreaded CEL with error codes P0300 and P050D. It was flat bedded to dealer and today, after 2 weeks came the news that problem is broken valve springs on #7 cylinder. Yay! A real drag, especially since it will take a week or so to get parts and get the repairs done. My question to all of you is "how many other 2021 C8's have has similar issues? and is this a continuation of the valve spring issues from last year? Yes, I am very much looking forward to getting my car back. Now it's a question of if and when more valve spring issues arise.

Comment

• Tony, we are sorry you are experiencing this! I believe you are the first 2021 who has reported this, certainly not the roughly hundreds and then some who had it last summer. I hope they find your replacement valve springs soon and get you back on the road.

As to a continuation of last year, we do not know that a single valve or more got placed aside last year, was just found and inserted into your car last month —or is this a new heat failure, a new metal mixture failure or?
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Originally posted by tony_a2021 View Post
          Haven't seen many posts for 2021 C8's with valve spring issues, so here goes. My 2021 was built on April 17, 2021; it was delivered on 5-5-2021; after only 223 miles, got the dreaded CEL with error codes P0300 and P050D. It was flat bedded to dealer and today, after 2 weeks came the news that problem is broken valve springs on #7 cylinder. Yay! A real drag, especially since it will take a week or so to get parts and get the repairs done. My question to all of you is "how many other 2021 C8's have has similar issues? and is this a continuation of the valve spring issues from last year? Yes, I am very much looking forward to getting my car back. Now it's a question of if and when more valve spring issues arise.
          Welcome to the forum Tony. We all feel for you. They will get it sorted out and you will hopefully be back on the road soon. As John mentioned - first 21 we are hearing of with a valve spring issue. However all manufacturers experience some failures when they are cranking out tens of thousands.
          Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

• Originally posted by tony_a2021 View Post
            Haven't seen many posts for 2021 C8's with valve spring issues, so here goes. My 2021 was built on April 17, 2021; it was delivered on 5-5-2021; after only 223 miles, got the dreaded CEL with error codes P0300 and P050D. It was flat bedded to dealer and today, after 2 weeks came the news that problem is broken valve springs on #7 cylinder. Yay! A real drag, especially since it will take a week or so to get parts and get the repairs done. My question to all of you is "how many other 2021 C8's have has similar issues? and is this a continuation of the valve spring issues from last year? Yes, I am very much looking forward to getting my car back. Now it's a question of if and when more valve spring issues arise.
            It happened to my '20 with 250 miles on it.

Hopefully they're still replacing ALL 16 valve springs, including scoping etc., to be sure the engine is better than new. Mine has been fabulous ever since.

Welcome and best of luck with the repair outcome.
            '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
            '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
            '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
            '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
            '14 Black Z51 Coupe
            '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
            '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

Comment

• Finally spoke with service advisor at dealer doing the repairs. YES! They are replacing all 16 valve springs. Waiting to speak with GM "California customer" assistance folks as a follow up. I am sure engine will be just fine, but for peace of mind, a warranty extension would be great!

Comment

• Glad they are re replacing all 16. They are inspect inside the lower part of the motor and more.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Does something like replacing the value springs by the dealer get listed on the Car Fax report?

Comment

• According to the North Carolina Consumers Council, “CARFAX database, the report will display the available information about vehicle ownership, accident history, mileage discrepancies, lemon status, flood damage, fleet use, and other things. You can see whether any potential odometer rollbacks have been detected, whether there were any failed emission tests, and possibly some maintenance or service records.”

Comment

• Bettered get your free oil change, if you haven't done it already. You have 2 days to get it.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X