MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Corvette Today” Podcast Interview Justin of HorsePower Obsessed On Now

Steve Garrett delves into the world of YouTube re Corvettes for the first time! He speaks to Justin from HorsePower Obsessed. Learn how people make money on YouTube, hear about Justin's 2019 Black ZR1 Big Wing, and about the C8 he has on order. And also hear about Steve's C7 Stingray Carbon Fiber Edition Corvette. For current and past podcast links: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-available-now
See more
See less

GM Requires Specific Jacking Pucks/Jack Pads Before Raising The C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Requires Specific Jacking Pucks/Jack Pads Before Raising The C8

The C8 the fell at a dealership had NO pad lifters (jacking pucks/pads). We thank GM Quality Brand Manager Jeff Strausser for this TSB.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B7BF9594-769D-4232-9D5A-6C939E05CAEE.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	40.7 KB ID:	160480

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=13357

We also greatly thank jagamajajaran for his earlier, equally critical thread:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...jeremy-welborn

Originally posted by GM TechLink

Corvette models have required the J-43625 Lift Pad Adapters to properly lift the vehicle since the C5 generation debuted in 1997. The lift pad adapters help ensure proper vehicle weight distribution and must be installed in the correct locations when lifting the vehicle. Failure to use the lift pad adapters correctly may lead to the vehicle slipping or falling off the lift or jack.

TIP: When major components are removed from the vehicle and the vehicle is supported by a hoist, support the vehicle with jack stands at the opposite end from where the components are being removed and strap the vehicle to the hoist.

Frame Contact Hoist

For the 2020 Corvette Stingray, install the J-43625 Lift Pad Adapters into the front (Fig. 6) and rear frame rail slots. (Fig. 7) Rotate each adapter 90 degrees. Center the hoist pad under the lift pad adapter.

Fig. 6

Fig. 7

The lift pad adapters also should be used in the frame rail slots when using service jacks.

Ground Effects

Depending on the ground effects installed on a vehicle, it may be necessary to put the vehicle onto gradual incline ramps to allow the lift arms to fit under the vehicle. (Fig. 8)

Fig. 8

Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in the appropriate Service Information for complete lifting instructions.

– Thanks to Jeff Strausser
    https://gm-techlink.com/?p=133572
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I use ReverseLogic’s jacking pads.

https://reverselogic.us/jack-pads/Ja...ette-p19583773

Click image for larger version

Name:	51D84930-4E95-4DD9-98B4-C990CB0ACD42.jpeg
Views:	2060
Size:	605.2 KB
ID:	160484

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks John, Great information. I was surprised to see that Chevrolet Dealer in Jacksonville , Fl dropped that C8. If I was GM brass there would be consequences. Like limiting allocation for the C8. The bottom of the car should be clearly marked .

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        Yep, I own 4 of those, and they are good quality and convenient.
        My C8:
        '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
        '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
        '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
        '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
          The bottom of the car should be clearly marked .
          I like that idea, but the mech won't be able to see the markings until the car is already in the air.

Still, he'd then be able to correct the issue (if he used the wrong lift points) and he wouldn't repeat the error in the future.
          My C8:
          '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
          '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
          '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
          '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

I will have my Reverse Logic jacking pads for almost a year before I get my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

I like that idea, but the mech won't be able to see the markings until the car is already in the air.

Still, he'd then be able to correct the issue (if he used the wrong lift points) and he wouldn't repeat the error in the future.
              If the tech can not see what I am referencing to he should not be putting an arm to lift under the car, PERIOD. My total suggestion would be to place a clear EXTRUDING part of the undercarriage in a bright color . TECHS HAVE TO LOOK UNDER CARS BEFORE LIFTING THEM. That is the problem

Comment

This is yet another reason to not just go to the closest Chevy dealer for service. I will be driving a little over an hour to have Kerbeck do all of my service. Well worth the drive...not just because of the lifting nuances, but their complete familiarity with the C8.

Comment

Originally posted by C8broughtmeback View Post
                  This is yet another reason to not just go to the closest Chevy dealer for service. I will be driving a little over an hour to have Kerbeck do all of my service. Well worth the drive...not just because of the lifting nuances, but their complete familiarity with the C8.
                  That makes me think. When you go to the dealer can you personally stay with the vehicle and observe the mechanic?

Comment

Originally posted by 5632 View Post

That makes me think. When you go to the dealer can you personally stay with the vehicle and observe the mechanic?
                    It depends on the dealer and their setup. I can stand outside of the work area but not anywhere inside the garage space. They have signs posted about customer safety and stuff so you can't just walk in.

if you can see your car from outside, you're good.

Comment

Your thread title is not accurate. The C8 doesn't require specific pucks... it requires the same pucks as the C5/6/7 before it.
                      2020 C8 @ 3300 ORDER SELECTED, SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION - 7/20 TPW
                      Rapid Blue with Sky Cool Grey seats
                      1LT, Z51, Nav/PDR, MSRC, silver wheels,
                      red calipers, chrome emblems, silver engine cover

Comment

Some one with vinyl graphic experience or contacts should come up with a 4 pc set of red or yellow stick on pre-cut vinyl pieces that go around the circumference of the jacking point slots...there-by making it quick and easy to identify the proper holes..... It would make for a good product to sell ,,I know I would but a set...

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post

https://reverselogic.us/jack-pads/Ja...ette-p19583773

Click image for larger version

Name:	51D84930-4E95-4DD9-98B4-C990CB0ACD42.jpeg
Views:	2060
Size:	605.2 KB
ID:	160484
                          Well designed pucks ...........
                          2021 2LT SGM Adrenaline Red w/Blk Sueded Seating Surfaces and Steering Wheel Edge Red Calipers/Engine Cover Spectra Gray Wheels Carbon Flash Stripes Current drive: '17 Arctic White Z06 2LZ Convertible. Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and Booze ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

Cars used to have indents to show where the jacking locations were. I wonder what happened to stop that practice
                            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                            2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                            Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/19, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 now July 27. tomorrow? Who knows.

Comment

Still waiting for my HTC but already have Reverse Logic Jack Pads.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X