movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• movies

We saw ford vs Ferrari last night.Great movie.

Thanks Mike. Glad to hear that. Our Corvette club is going to see it within a couple of hours.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Just got out of the movie. Very good, great depiction of Shelby, and Miles.

Comment

Braz, welcome to MECF. We are glad you joined us.

My Corvette club just went to the movie this afternoon, and also enjoyed it thoroughly.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Welcome Braz. I concur that it’s a captivating movie.

Comment

Saw it last night on IMAX screen great race movie. Good story and a lot of really good race scenes. 👍👍👍👍

FYI Netflix documentary “24hr War” is very good also.
            2014 Stingray Laguna Blue “Cindyblue”
            4150: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
            2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C

Comment

Originally posted by ssr Mike View Post
              We saw ford vs Ferrari last night.Great movie.
              I agree, great movie & great price IF you go early enough here ....
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9978.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	90700

A thought if I might ...

Comment

I really enjoyed the movie this past weekend. Very entertaining and highly recommended.

Comment

I’m a big Shelby fan and Corvette fan. The movie was great and not a lot of Hollywood stuff. Ken Miles actually got killed testing Ford’s new GT design called the J car. After his death they scraped the J car and the GT 40 Mark IV went on to win the next race. As a matter of fact when LeMans banned the 427 The Ford GT 40 with the small block went on to win 2 more times. Just a remarkable design .I’m sure Hollywood had no way to duplicate the J car but it was one ugly duckling. See picture. Click image for larger version  Name:	567CB14A-7B39-40D9-B77B-C1146677D9D9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	29.8 KB ID:	90790
                  Last edited by MikeC8; 11-20-2019, 07:13 AM.
                  RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 6000 car is home in garage
                  .VIN.1906

Comment

What was the reasoning to ban the ford 427?

total dominance?

thanks for the insight.

favulous and fun movie

Comment

Loved the movie ... saw it in IMAX. Great racing scenes. Acting was great!
                      TPW 2/17 .. Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned: 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004; 1981 C3 White Coupe; 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                        What was the reasoning to ban the ford 427?

total dominance?

thanks for the insight.

favulous and fun movie
                        Ferrari had some pull and got it banned.
                        RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 6000 car is home in garage
                        .VIN.1906

Comment

Great movie! Not too Hollyweirded out. I wish it would have been made when Shelby was alive and had oversight. On jay Leno's show, Damon said they did not use CGI on the race scenes. They were great. My wife said it made her too tense, HaHaHa.
                          2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

A number of people that know I have the Vettes are highly recommending this movie and have said it was really well done with a good story. Not something my wife will go to the movies for, but I'll definitely check it out once it is released post theatres.

Comment

My wife isn’t into cars like I am but she loved the movie and understood how I’m hooked. Plus she goes to the 24 hour Daytona with me. So the scene with the Daytona race helped her understand the whole Shelby thing. Finally after 46 years and many Shelby cars in the past. My first 66 Shelby GT 350 back in 1979. I’ve owned as many Shelby’s as Corvettes. 50/50.
                              Last edited by MikeC8; 11-22-2019, 09:22 AM.
                              .VIN.1906

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X