MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V1 VR
    replied
    FYI. if anyone wants more history of that story check out 24hr. War on Netflix good documentary lots of vintage scenes.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by ssr Mike View Post
    I bought the "Rush" dvd last week for $8 on Walmart's int. site.Very good movie.
    Heck, at that price I'm going to have to look for a copy.

Leave a comment:

• 68roadster
    replied
    Originally posted by Mobius View Post

I enjoyed the part where Shelby took Mr. Ford out for a hot lap.
    That was a good one. I wonder if it really happened. Knowing a little about Shelby, I could imagine it did happen, and he would have wanted it to be that way.

Leave a comment:

• ssr Mike
    replied
    I bought the "Rush" dvd last week for $8 on Walmart's int. site.Very good movie.

Leave a comment:

• Mobius
    replied
    Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
    And a great reminder of how much things have changed. Drivers drove those cars. No traction control, no ABS, no electronics, no DCTs or sequential shift transmissions.
    I enjoyed the part where Shelby took Mr. Ford out for a hot lap.

Leave a comment:

• Mobius
    replied
    I agree - Ford vs Ferrari was a very fun movie, definitely worth seeing.

It was nice to better understand the history (to the extent the movie is historically accurate) of Ford's involvement in racing, particularly at Le Mans.

I was also caught by surprise at the ending, as I didn't see that coming with McLaren (i.e., I should know my racing history better).

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Saw Ford vs. Ferrari this weekend. Excellent movie. Possibly a better movie than Rush, but Rush was a better racing movie. Well worth seeing, though. And a great reminder of how much things have changed. Drivers drove those cars. No traction control, no ABS, no electronics, no DCTs or sequential shift transmissions. Watching all the cuts of drivers actually using the pedals and slamming home the shifter reminded me of how much I'm going to miss a manual transmission when I get a C8.

Leave a comment:

• V1 VR
    replied
    I was a youngster back 1966 at 14 and I was taken to Sebring 12 hr races 1966,67,68,69,70 those were some fantastic times for sports car racing and the master class drivers I witnessed were astounding. The movie took me right back to those glory days. Those were the days......

Leave a comment:

• 68roadster
    replied
    Originally posted by V1 VR View Post

FYI Netflix documentary “24hr War” is very good also.
    Yes! Thanks for the rec. Just did that one also. Provided some more details. Very cool stories. Looking up the various car types that were overall Le Mans winners 1970 going forward. I really like the cars from the 1960's the most.

Leave a comment:

• MikeC8
    replied
    My wife isn’t into cars like I am but she loved the movie and understood how I’m hooked. Plus she goes to the 24 hour Daytona with me. So the scene with the Daytona race helped her understand the whole Shelby thing. Finally after 46 years and many Shelby cars in the past. My first 66 Shelby GT 350 back in 1979. I’ve owned as many Shelby’s as Corvettes. 50/50.
    Last edited by MikeC8; 11-22-2019, 10:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fireeagle
    replied
    A number of people that know I have the Vettes are highly recommending this movie and have said it was really well done with a good story. Not something my wife will go to the movies for, but I'll definitely check it out once it is released post theatres.

Leave a comment:

• 68roadster
    replied
    Great movie! Not too Hollyweirded out. I wish it would have been made when Shelby was alive and had oversight. On jay Leno's show, Damon said they did not use CGI on the race scenes. They were great. My wife said it made her too tense, HaHaHa.

Leave a comment:

• MikeC8
    replied
    Originally posted by JB View Post
    What was the reasoning to ban the ford 427?

total dominance?

thanks for the insight.

favulous and fun movie
    Ferrari had some pull and got it banned.

Leave a comment:

• bpost22
    replied
    Loved the movie ... saw it in IMAX. Great racing scenes. Acting was great!

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied
    What was the reasoning to ban the ford 427?

total dominance?

thanks for the insight.

favulous and fun movie

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X