Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #129 - Corvette News and Headlines, Early October 2022

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger team up once again to bring you the most current and up-to-date information on Corvette. It’s the CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines show to start off October! https://youtu.be/NG7JwFGJf04; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...lUqQwp7DeopRJV
Here are some of the topics Steve and Keith will cover next week....
—The Bowling Green Assembly Plant ran a rare “2 shift Saturday” last weekend
--C8 Z06 embargo on driving impression ended last week
--Corvette’s average sale price is almost 20% over MRSP
--The 1st customer ordered Z06 was built last week
--Is Ford benchmarking the C8 Z06?
--Road & Track magazine is now testing the C8 Z06
--Detroit News readers name the C8 Corvette “Best in Show” at Detroit Auto Show
--The new “Driven By Design” exhibit opens at the NCM
CORVETTE TODAY is the only current podcast on Corvette! And our News & Headlines show continues to be your best source of Corvette news in the industry.
Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website, listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, shop in the Merchandise Store, sign up for weekly emails and join the Facebook Group at:
www.CorvetteToday.com
2 of 3 < >

Z06 Auto-Media Testing Results & Impressions

This is our one thread: Thanks for putting all your posts within it: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...eviews-results
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Does color affect a Corvette's value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does color affect a Corvette's value?

https://www.hagerty.com/media/market...=pocket_mylist

Does a Corvette’s paint color affect what its worth?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Insider_Corvette_Colors_Lede-1.jpg?auto=format%2Ccompress&amp;ixlib=php-3.3.0&amp;w=1492.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	413065
    here’s a Corvette out there for everyone. Many enthusiasts have their favorite model year, which incorporates the style, engine, and level of performance they like best. However, some combinations of those parts are more popular than others, and that affects the value.

Some of these value differences are clear and unsurprising. You probably don’t need Hagerty Valuation Tools to tell you that Corvettes with L88-spec 427s are more valuable than L48 spec 350s with 165 hp, or that automatic transmission-equipped cars are typically worth less than those with manual transmissions (by about 10 percent). But what about something even more subjective—color? Are some more popular than others, and does that make some colors more valuable?

To find out, we looked at data from all Corvettes sold at auction in the past ten years, and selected those for which we knew both color and specification—about 1700 transactions. It would make no sense, for reasons we cited above, to lump a Rally Red 1967 Coupe together with a 427-cu-in/435-hp L71 to a Dark Red ’77 that has a 350 and a slushbox. So, using identifiers unique to each model year, body style, sub-model (e.g., Z06), and engine spec, we compared the final price at auction to the relevant values that were current, according to our data, at the time of the sale. If the car was rated condition Home (Concours), we would compare the price to the condition Home value. If it was a condition #3 car (Good), we used the condition #3 value. (If there’s no condition rating, because the average condition rating is 2.5, we use an average of the condition Forum and #3 values.)

Our conclusion is that, just as we found with Porsche 911s, color matters. In some cases, it matters a whole lot. The median premium for each major color group reveals white as the most valuable, followed by yellow, purple, and red. At the other extreme are earth tones like copper, green, bronze, and brown.

Name:	color premium.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	413066
    This is the part where you say, "Sure, but what's your sample size on, I dunno, beige Corvettes?" We had the same thought. So, we next weighted the price differences by number of transactions. That shifts the order to the following:

Name:	color premium 2.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	413067

Now the most popular colors are red, white, and blue, which we promise we didn't plan for this pre-Independence Day post, but which nonetheless makes quite a bit of sense for America's sports car. Purple falls to mid-pack, but yellow only falls two places. To get to dollar amounts we multiplied the weighted percentage differences by the median sale price of all the transactions ($49,500). That means that red, the most common color, is worth $843 more than the other colors. The next most valuable is white with a $636 premium. Given that the Corvette was first only available in white (Polo), that's understandable. Blue is the third most valuable with a premium of $411—although this group runs from Pennant Blue to Turquoise to Jetstream Blue. Less valuable colors are copper, orange, bronze, and brown. However, green is the least valuable color with a discount of $170.

Name:	Corvette_Generations_5.jpg?auto=format%2Ccompress&amp;ixlib=php-3.3.0&amp;w=1500.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	409.9 KB
ID:	413068

Of course, there are many shades of green. Some colors like Mosport Green typically sell for more, while Fathom Green and Goodwood Green sell for less. The latter two are more common, and that turns green into a discounted color. At the other extreme, red doesn’t have any versions that are positioned at a discount. The rare Ruby Red and Riverside Red have no premium, while more popular Torch Red often sells for better than similar cars in other colors.

What about all the other Corvette shades? Although we don’t have transactions for every tint Chevy has offered over nearly 70 years, we do have values for almost 75. Where does your favorite Corvette color land?

Name:	color values.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	413070
    Attached Files
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Value is a good things to keep in mind for resale.

Many people see Color in different ways and in the end, Color is in the eye of the beholder.

Color is a emotional stimulant; Pre-Sale and Ownership.
    1999 C5 Magnetic Red Z51 Coupe - SOLD 7/31/21
    2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC - 2LT -
    Delivered 8/28/21 @ The National Corvette Museum
    Mag Ride/Front Lift/Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/Amr Hydrocarbon Splitter & Skirts, , GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black, MRR MO24 Wheels

Comment

I buy and drive what I like. How it affects resale is of little concern. My C7 was a very rare color (DSOM). My C8 a very popular one. Neither concerns me in the slightest.
      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
        I buy and drive what I like. How it affects resale is of little concern. My C7 was a very rare color.
        I totally agree and buy what color I want at the time. My previous C7 and C8's have been popular colors and my current 23 is the least popular but rare Caffeine. In Southern California, I will be unique and stick out in the sea of other C8's. I have no regrets at all.

Comment

Do you know of anyone that has bought a car and did not get a good deal?

Comment

Had a red Corvette for 30 years. Probably helped me sell it but, the C8 is probably my final Corvette, I too, bought what I liked, and have had many tell me they like it better than others. But of course that's purely subjective too. BTW, I have ELB with body color accents..............awesome!

Comment

I'm buying an Amplify Orange 2023 C8. I don't care if the value drops to zero $. It will be worth $1 million to me, as long as I can drive it "spiritedly" (but safely) and gasoline is available.
              2023 Stingray

Live your best life now!

Comment

Was originally ordering Long Beach Red, but the 2020 order didn't make it, so went with the much brighter Red Mist for our 2021. No regrets; it is gorgeous in any light and never had any concern about "resale value" since this will be a keeper! Very happy with our Red Mist HTC! Get what you like best, drive it and never look back!

Comment

You lost me at purple....

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post
                    Value is a good things to keep in mind for resale.

Many people see Color in different ways and in the end, Color is in the eye of the beholder.

Color is a emotional stimulant; Pre-Sale and Ownership.
                    Boy is that me the first 4 listed are a hard no for me to own. Silver and Gray ok Yellow you couldn't give me white or purple either. Not sure who makes this stuff up but it seems off. Yellow is never a top seller far from it.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X