Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Show: Every Corvette Owner Has Corvette Stories, This Time MECF’s John Elegant Talks With Steve Garrett

If you frequent CORVETTE TODAY, you know I always say that, "Every Corvette owner has a story!” My guest on this show has 60 years worth of Corvette stories! John Elegant (the main man on MidEngineCorvetteForum.com) shares some of his best memories and Corvette stories with us, from the effect of seeing his first Corvette had on him to his first Corvette purchase, to Harlan Charles and Tadge Juechter stories! https://youtu.be/MDjY2BnWXtw ; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...SlgJdENwCCbyLa This is part # 1 of John’s Corvette stories. Have a Kleenex handy too-his last story will bring tears to your eyes! See what I mean when I say, "Every Corvette owner has a story" on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY
2 of 4 < >

Welcome HorsePower Obsessed & BlackOut Tinting As Our New MECF Vendor

Led by Justin at HorsePower Obsessed and his many YT videos, bet quite a few of you just became aware his co-ownership of several BlackOut Tinting Shops carrying XPEL, great window tinting and many more servces. WELCOME [email protected]/BlackOut Tinting! Find HPO on their YT channel @ HorsePower Obsesed, BlackOut Tinting @ https://blackoutempire.com/
3 of 4 < >

Find out your C8’s Order Status by asking!

Information provided to MidEngineCorvetteForum members, and with great thanks to Corvette Ed for answering your inquiry requests in our sticky’d “The C8 Order Inquiry Status Thread” in our “Purchasing Section.”https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...inquiry-thread
4 of 4 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Another SCAM DEALERSHIP JON HALL CHEVROLET DAYTONA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another SCAM DEALERSHIP JON HALL CHEVROLET DAYTONA

Just another SCAM Dealer with many 2022 and 2023 Stingrays Brand New - WAY OVER MSRP.
    BEWARE DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

This dealer is advertising the C8's very close to MSRP and when you inquire or say you will purchase - then you are hit with - well we have at least a $25.000.00 markup per vehicle which is standard procedure.
    Last edited by Frenzy36; 08-06-2022, 12:28 AM.
    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

This is why I favor Corvette becoming a separate brand, apart from Chevy, with its own dealer network. In awarding Corvette dealer franchises, higher standards of ethics, sales, and service could be set. And the schlock and incompetent dealers would be left out in the cold.
    2022 HTC 2LT Z51
    Front lift, mag ride
    black exterior, adrenaline red interior, bright red calipers

Comment

If they're up front about the price they're charging, it's not a scam. It's distasteful, and perhaps unfair, but it's free enterprise. Each dealer can decide what they want to charge, and each buyer can choose whether they want to pay ADM or not. scam implies deceit. It's a scam if they promise a buyer MSRP, and then tack on ADM once the car is delivered to the dealer, or tack on a bunch of "mandatory options" if you want the car.
      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

As stated above, with an airline ticket example: If I agree to pay $985 for an airline ticket, but someone else sitting next to me get his/her for $435, that’s fine — for we were each told in advance and they provided the service to us at the agreed upon price.

But if I show up at the airport having been told in advance that my ticket will cost be $435 and thus paid that amount and have ticket in hand and now at the boarding gate told that that in order to board the plane, I need to come up with the $550 difference, that is criminal, unethical, horrible, etc.
        Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
          This is why I favor Corvette becoming a separate brand, apart from Chevy, with its own dealer network. In awarding Corvette dealer franchises, higher standards of ethics, sales, and service could be set. And the schlock and incompetent dealers would be left out in the cold.
          It puzzles me that GM doesn't give this concept more thought! Your theory is not a bad one and would also allow for GM to raise the prices at the factory level and be more a part of the fervor. I think, however, that, like anything, we need to be careful what we wish for.

Comment

My local dealer, Whitaker Chevrolet Greenville SC, was charging MSRP + 25K for Stingrays and selling regularly. Now they have 6 Stingrays on the floor and have lowered the up-charge to $20K. Eventually they may start selling MSRP or lower.
            I was on the CorvetteForum as SullyC5er.
            Previous Corvette was 2001 convertible with a C5R-427 engine built by Corvette Fever / Norris Motorsports, with upgraded suspension, rear, tranny, brakes, wheels, & R-compound tires.

Comment

Is it improper for a private owner to resell “something” for more than the original amount suggested by the maker?

Does it make a difference if:

If the “something” is a discretionary thing?
              If the “something” is a limited supply life/death necessity?
              If there are ample available alternatives on the market?
              if it is a lot more?

Is it improper for a franchised retailer to sell “something” for more than the original amount suggested by the maker?

Does it make a difference if:

If the “something” is a discretionary thing?
              If the “something” is a limited supply life/death necessity?
              If there are ample available alternatives on the market?
              if it is a lot more?

Comment

This dealer is advertising the C8's very close to MSRP and when you inquire or say you will purchase - then you are hit with - well we have at least a $25.000.00 markup per vehicle which is standard procedure.
                Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

No honesty in advertising seems to be the issue here. Shame on the dealership.
                  Heidi
                  Save the Wave
                  2021 TR HTC 2LT (HTM DTH D86 E60 FE2 Q8T J6F NPP VQK AH2 SQU AH2)

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                    Just another SCAM Dealer with many 2022 and 2023 Stingrays Brand New - WAY OVER MSRP.
                    BEWARE DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

They have charged over list for a long time. They wanted me to pay 10k over list for a 2003 Annie. I bought one 2k under list at another dealer. Charging over list is their option however I think its not a good business practice. charlie aka cutnout

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                      Borderline behavior. If they waited until you were in the F&I office to tell you about the ADM, that's definitely a scam. If they tell you on the phone, or as soon as you walk in and say "Corvette," at least it's easy to hang up or turn around.
                      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                        Great concept, but pulling it off would likely not be worth the cost. The benefits just aren't there. With approximately 3000 Chevrolet dealerships and franchise agreements in place, GM would be wrapped up in lawsuits for perhaps a decade or more. It would take many years to actually implement.

Comment

Originally posted by Foosh View Post

Great concept, but pulling it off would likely not be worth the cost. The benefits just aren't there. With approximately 3000 Chevrolet dealerships and franchise agreements in place, GM would be wrapped up in lawsuits for perhaps a decade or more. It would take many years to actually implement.
                          And unless GM does broaden Corvette into it's own product line, with multiple vehicles, I think it would be hard for a dealer to succeed selling and servicing only a limited production model like the Corvette. Yes, Ferrari, McLaren, etc. do, but look at the prices for both the cars and the service. They make a lot more on each vehicle sold than does a Corvette dealer selling at MSRP. Corvette as it's own franchise would probably cost even more.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

And unless GM does broaden Corvette into it's own product line, with multiple vehicles, I think it would be hard for a dealer to succeed selling and servicing only a limited production model like the Corvette. Yes, Ferrari, McLaren, etc. do, but look at the prices for both the cars and the service. They make a lot more on each vehicle sold than does a Corvette dealer selling at MSRP. Corvette as it's own franchise would probably cost even more.
                            In my area, we have combination dealerships franchised to sell several brands. I would imagine that a Corvette franchise would be added to an existing franchise, such as GMC or Cadillac. And if the product line were broadened to include high performance sedans, crossovers, etc., it could possibly support a separate dealer, such as Lexus as the upscale Toyota brand, or Infiniti as the upscale Nissan brand.

I have had Infiniti cars on and off for years, and the standards of ethics, sales and service I have observed are way above the run of the mill Nissan dealer.
                            2022 HTC 2LT Z51
                            Front lift, mag ride
                            black exterior, adrenaline red interior, bright red calipers

Comment

News is starting to gang up on the practice of selling above MSRP.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...3839454e4a6c9c
                              Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X