Pana-view mirror thoughts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pana-view mirror thoughts ?

Just curious if any of the members here have tried out this mirror, I've got it on the way just wondering what your thoughts are about it ?

43 days and counting.... ​​​​​​​
    A thought if I might ...

Weird at first and shortly thereafter you become accustomed to the excellent visability it offers.

43 days sounds doable.

wemare getting there.

Comment

Could you post a link? Or a pic?

Comment

We have an earlier thread that addresses this system.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-camera-mirror
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Much has also been written about the improvements to the second gen of this system, including this quick synopsis.

Originally posted by GMAuthority
          Improvements

The second-generation Cadillac Rear Camera Mirror features the following improvements:
          • Frameless Design
          • Increased brightness adjustments, from 3 to 5
          • Zoom function
          • Tilt/position adjustment (of camera)
          • Increase in the screen and camera resolutions from 1280×240 pixels (Gen 1) to 1440×300 pixels (Gen 2)
          More and with thanks to: http://cadillacsociety.com/2018/09/2...camera-mirror/
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrike6 View Post
            Could you post a link? Or a pic?
            This one is by the same company that makes the Bid Buddy for your Corvette. I didn’t want to a post link because I don’t want people think I’m just advertising for them ... p.s. 43 days and counting ...
            Last edited by Ssscooter66; 06-05-2019, 08:58 AM.
            A thought if I might ...

Comment

On this forum we are fine with links being posted infrequently for all Corvettes products except if those products conflict with our sponsoring vendors products or services they offer. If in doubt, PM a moderator or admin in advance of posting.
              Last edited by John; 06-05-2019, 09:57 AM.

Comment

https://www.sandyeggodesigns.com/products/
                A thought if I might ...

Comment

I used a similar product on a couple of motorcycles. As JB suggests, it took a little bit of getting used to and then I absolutely loved it. When I got a bike that I couldn't get those mirrors for, I hated the loss of visibility. I suspect I'd find them not as valuable on a car with a central rear view mirror, where I can adjust the side mirrors out further, but possibly still useful.

But if anyone else drives your car, make sure they understand what's going on with them.

Oh, I suspect the mirror heaters won't do much to defog the panview mirrors, given that there's an air gap between the new mirror and old.
                  Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

After a few hundred miles I'm getting used to the mirror . It sure changes how things are seen . Didn't think about the defog for the mirror but it's usually only driven on nice days anyway ... P.S. 611 hours and counting ...
                    Last edited by Ssscooter66; 06-23-2019, 10:59 AM.
                    A thought if I might ...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X