Collapse

Car Show Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a pic for you that I grabbed off the club Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/120645708083983/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Auburn Fire Truck.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	310717
    1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
    2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Car shows are not important to many. I most often choose un-judged shows and gatherings and just have a wonderful time visiting with folks. I know my vehicles are gorgeous (because I maintain them to that level), but whether I come home with trophy in not my personal priority. What is my priority is enjoying meeting new folks and learning about their vehicles and their prirotiees. I often also go to “mixed shows” where Corvettes a just a small part of what there is to see. At the last of those shows, I spent lots of time with the Harley and Indian folks admiring their bikes, and with those who own 60’s and early 7-0’s muscle cars — also enjoying theirs.
      I agree John. "Cars & Coffee" and "Cruise-Ins" are my favorite car gatherings (trucks and motorcycles, too!). No pretensions, no judgments--just fun.

Comment

I wish to add to my above comment for it can be perceived differently than I intended. I should have written the following for many reasons.

I am happy that there are judged car shows. They provide joy to many, and i want them to continue as is for all who enjoy them.

What I was trying to say, and I said it very poorly, is that there is also a whole other world of car gatherings that are fun for many too. And that no one should feel less about their vehicle’s competitiveness for trophies to the point that they worry about that and do not enter those shows.

I am very sorry my above comments in post # 13 were not better written, for those who enjoy competitive car shows, enjoy away.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post
          Here's a pic for you that I grabbed off the club Facebook page.
          Thanks! That brings back some memories... that truck could HAUL!
          -Dave

2022 2LT HTC, Z51, Mag Ride, Front Lift, Black Roof and Nacelles, Colors TBA.
          Deposit @ MM: 8/17/2021 - 2000: - 3000: - 3400: - TPW: - Built: - NCM Delivery: - Home sweet home in the Sunshine State:

Comment

I went to my first car show this weekend but parked in the parking lot. I didn't feel right about bringing the car in to be judged. After the judging had begun I asked if I could bring the car in just to show it and they said yes. I had a lot of fun just talking to people who were interested in the car and answering as many questions as I could.

Comment

That event looks like loads of fun. Thanks for sharing great images 👍👍
              Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

Though I love my C8, my heart always skips a beat whenever I see a midyear in person, the timeless style represents everything I love about the Corvette. I grew up out in the sticks and we never had much of anything, but our neighbor's daughter down the street drove all the way up from california one summer in her silver blue midyear coupe and whenever I watched that car glide down the road I was transfixed. We rode by their house one day on our bikes and there it sat under the oak trees, the prettiest car I've ever seen, I must have stared at it for an hour. Then the daughter came out, slender and willowy with huge hair, and she hopped into the car and drove away. All summer long I stared out at the road, hoping to see her drive by. I realize I'm rambling but Larry Shinoda knew exactly what he was doing, the car's design is a masterwork.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X