MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

We are excited to announce our latest Featured Forum Member, Kerbeck Corvette

Kerbeck is a top notch dealership, and that is reflected by many things including their being the # 1 Corvette dealership in sales for the last 25 years. We enthusiastically welcome them a MECF vendor! More details to follow.
2 of 5 < >

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Not New, But 48 Wonderful High Resolution C8 Pictures

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Also, High Resolution C8 Pictures!

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...f-the-interior

48 High Resolution C8 Pictures:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...8-spy-pictures
3 of 5 < >

Scheduled Software Maintenance: Tuesday, 8:00 PM

We have scheduled software maintenance and upgrades Tuesday (19th) @ 8:00 PM. While vBulletin always say not more than an hour, they have averaged 10 minutes in length. Thank you — as we continually are committed to having the best forum software available.
4 of 5 < >

Welcome Corvette Dream Giveway As Our Forum Founding Vendor!

We welcome an outstanding organization as a MECF vendor, one who has an amazing and such a.well deserved reputation for giving away staggering amounts of funds to very worthy organizations who help others.

https://www.dreamgiveaway.com/dg/corvette?promo=ME2019C
5 of 5 < >

Advantages of ME Over FE Configuration! Patent for Variable Width Spoiler

See more
See less

Show & Tell - First car, what did you start out with and tell us a little about it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show & Tell - First car, what did you start out with and tell us a little about it!

Got my first car in 1985 and it was a 78 or 79 Pontiac GrandLeMans 4 door, Maroon with a white landau top and wire spoke hubcaps that creaked with every single tire revolution. Thankfully there are no photographic records of this atrocity. Surprisingly there is also very little photographic evidence on the internet too! Admittedly I didn't look very hard... Maybe GM's been scrubbing embarrassments from the internet?

Click image for larger version

Name:	pontiac%201978%20Grand%20LeMans%20Sedan.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	271.7 KB
ID:	29184

First car was a hand-me-down '66 Dodge Coronet 4-dr sedan from my parents. 318 CI V8, 3 speed auto, AM radio. Boring as all get out. It did have the optional day-night inside mirror, though!

Took that 318 V8, added a set of heads from the later Dodge 340 engine, which breathed way better, an Edelbrock manifold, and Holly 4bbl carb. Some Firestone "wide oval" tires on bigger rims, and it was reasonably fun to drive. No photos remaining, but this is what the base car looked like. Even the right color.

Edit: Oh, and dual exhaust with some sort of glass pack mufflers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	kc1211-122087_1@2x.jpg Views:	35 Size:	375.2 KB ID:	29207
    Last edited by meyerweb; 03-14-2019, 04:46 PM.
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

^^^^That would be a nice to cruise around in!^^^^

My hopes are this thread will bring back memories for everyone and create some activity other than wishful thoughts on the unicorn that is the C8

Comment

Believe it or not, the first car I ever bought with my own money was a 1964 red Corvette Stingray roadster, purchased used in November 1966. I was 19 years old, and sold everything I owned to raise the money. It was quick too, a 365 hp 327 with a 4.11 rear axle ratio and a close ratio four speed. It had a lumpy 750 rpm idle. Unfortunately, during my college days I was often driving around with only $5 in my pocket, which was about the price of a tank of gas. I took girls out on cheap dates, but they loved the car.

I kept that car for over 10 years, put 200K miles on it, and sold it for more than I bought it for. I don;t even have a picture of it, because among the things I had to sell to buy it was my camera.

Comment

I used my paper boy money to buy a used 1973 Toyota Corolla station wagon to go to College. It was at least a 5 speed. At college I traded it for a 1967 Camaro coupe and a Pioneer quadraphonic stereo set with speakers. I got the better end of that deal!

There was absolutely no rust on that body from South Carolina, it was a factory air car and I put a 365 Hp 327 in it. I restored it in College, and traded it for a real nice 1973 Corvette coupe ! then I traded the corvette that same day, yes for another 1967 Camaro!

Not just any Camaro, a 1967 Camaro RS/SS Convertible with the Factory 396/375 Hp engine, Muncie close ratio 4sp and factory 4:11 12 bolt rear end and deluxe interior with the gauge pkg.. It even had the protect-o-plate...It was the real deal. What a car! That was the start of a long love affair with Big Block engines in all cars! (I know where its at today too)
          Last edited by jsmatt; 03-13-2019, 02:24 PM.
          Proud owner of
          1966 Ermine White/White Blue Interior L72 Coupe
          2013 Artic White/Diamond Blue Interior LS7 Convertible

Comment

My first car was a 1960 Corvette, silver with silver blue coves and a 283 with 12-1 compression and a 411 rear end.
            Bought it the summer I graduated high school in 72 and drove it through college. Needed something more practical for work so away it went.
            There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
            2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
            79 coupe Silver/oyster
            All one owner
            Museum lifetime members

Comment

In high school and the first two years of college I drove the family cars, a 1971 Torino or a 1974 Mustang II Mach 1.

The first car I bought with my own money was a 1966 Mustang in 1980. It was a straight 6 with a 3 speed.

Name:	1966.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	29233
              1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow
              1970 coupe - Bridgehampton Blue
              2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow
              2016 Z06 - Laguna Blue

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

man... so far I've got the best first car

Comment

Got a hand me down from my folks. Old 67 Chevy Bel Air. 283 V8. I got it when it was on its last legs but I had a car!!!

Comment

My first car was lived in Detroit, a massively salt corroded, 1956 Chevy 150 (bottom of the line) with a three speed, 140 HP, and had no options except for a heater. I was able to afford it because at the time I bought it, it had over 100,000 miles, used a quart of oil every 200 miles. Thirty-five years later, I re-created that car in my mind as I wanted it to be, by buying a no-rust 1956 BelAir barn find; made it a show winner; installed a 1969 Corvette motor with a nice cam, painted it Corvette Daytona Yellow/Black and had its interior the best tuck-n-roll yellow and black interior money could buy. From A to Z. My ‘56 show car was featured in Chevy Classic magazine as a centerfold. Fun, fun but the opposite end of the spectrum of my first 1956 rust bucket (whose headlight bezels were wired on with tie wire). Here is the show winner I helped create, though two weeks after I sold it. It later became chosen a Woodward Dream Cruise Specialty Winner by someone.

Name:	D3148BC2-025C-4172-B4B5-68D8C969AB6B.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	29237

Again, 100% the opposite of my first car 35 years earlier.

So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

In 1976 this was my first car with a worked 350 and dunlop GT qualifer tires...

it was bright yellow convertible you see here.

https://goo.gl/images/8kdsns

Comment

So my first Corvette was a ‘56 (on the ground in the photo) that I sold to buy my first new Corvette in 1964. I took delivery off the train that brought the 1965 Glen Green 4 speed, 4:11 375 hp, Fuelie Coupe to Oakland, CA. That same ‘65, now painted Red belongs to Brian Hobaugh and was featured in the last Fast and Furious movie. Click image for larger version  Name:	513A7C33-BDF1-4350-80A2-4518EEBCF4B1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.60 MB ID:	29287

Comment

Oh wow, your first Corvette is more than famous. Very great history. Thank you for letting us know.
                          So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreverfuelie View Post

So my first Corvette was a ‘56 (on the ground in the photo) that I sold to buy my first new Corvette in 1964. I took delivery off the train that brought the 1965 Glen Green 4 speed, 4:11 375 hp, Fuelie Coupe to Oakland, CA. That same ‘65, now painted Red belongs to Brian Hobaugh and was featured in the last Fast and Furious movie.
                            Now that' a cool story!

Comment

My first car was a 71 Vega GT. What a rust bucket. Stick shift with a ton of rust in the engine bay. But it did have a black racing stripe down the center. Bought it from my cousin's wife for $200 to get me to and from school. Put in white fake fur and pillows in the back because the rear seats were always down. Lasted about a year and I sold it for $600 to a girl in my class and she wrecked it within 3 months. If it survived, this is what it looked like.

Name:	71 vega.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	29338
                              Attached Files

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X