It’s still hot !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s still hot !

The weather was gorgeous this afternoon and I took my C8 out for a drive. I stopped to fill up and had 3 different people compliment the car while at the pumps. 10 minutes later a car was entering an interstate on ramp adjacent to my lane. I heard the driver scream “Awesome car !” as he drove past. Not long after that I saw a lady videoing my car as she was making a turn next to me. I’ve had my car since last August and have seen 4-5 others in my general bailiwick. But the newness certainly hasn’t worn off to much of the public. Are others still experiencing this level of appreciation and enthusiasm from others for your C8 ?
    Torch Red; 2LT; Z51; Two Tone Adrenaline Red GT2 seats TU7/AH2; Mag Ride FE4; Front Lift E60; Engine Appearance ZZ3; Pewter Rims 5DG; Silver Center Caps RXH; Battery Protection ERI; Yellow Calipers J6E; Yellow Seat Belts 3M9

We are still experiencing folks loving it (though to a lesser degree than you experienced today. The car is the star!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by KOPBET View Post
      Are others still experiencing this level of appreciation and enthusiasm from others for your C8 ?
      Yes! I don't sense there has been a let up at all in the "appreciation" factor. Great WX here yesterday also and I got a bunch of thumbs up, tons of stares and at least one video. I'm sure there are many that I didn't see.

Comment

Finally got a chance to stop at my local Bar and saw one guy leaving in a Tourch Red C8 with a crowd waving goodby
        [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
        [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

I have never had so much attention in a vehicle before. I get thumbs up at stop lights as people walk by, pumping gas just about everyone comes up to the car, or just driving around people pointing and waving. Adds to the experience...

Comment

All of the above comments are spot on. The Weather here on the Panhandle coast of Florida has been great for me to take out Blue Marlin this week. He still pulls a crowd in everywhere. I've also saw a slew of new C8's in the area as more people have gotten theirs, and also the tourist who have come down for a winter break.
            Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Hope the Wife won't get jealous, but the C8 is a Magnet for both Chicks, Dudes and the Kids go Wild
              [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
              [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

I don't think it will ever go away. I get people commenting all the time on my yellow 2008 Z06. In parking lots, in traffic. Almost every time I drive the car.

Comment

Originally posted by KOPBET View Post
                  The weather was gorgeous this afternoon and I took my C8 out for a drive. I stopped to fill up and had 3 different people compliment the car while at the pumps. 10 minutes later a car was entering an interstate on ramp adjacent to my lane. I heard the driver scream “Awesome car !” as he drove past. Not long after that I saw a lady videoing my car as she was making a turn next to me. I’ve had my car since last August and have seen 4-5 others in my general bailiwick. But the newness certainly hasn’t worn off to much of the public. Are others still experiencing this level of appreciation and enthusiasm from others for your C8 ?
                  This enthusiasm is going to be with us for years to come. Those that do not notice your car today will notice it for futures to come. People have been looking at Corvettes for almost 70 years and some have continued to be wowed by them, they will certainly be wowed by something as exciting as this for many many years.

Comment

It’s still hot !

Maybe too hot. I got flashed today. First time ever in my C8. Cruisin in the middle lane of three and stopping for a red light. Traffic moderate. Other cars around. A large new white SUV pulls up in the left lane next to me and the young guy driving and female passenger saying how much the liked the car. I said yea its great. We bantered a bit and I hear the driver yell "Show him your *its. As the light turns green she sits up in the seat and flashes. I thought it was funny and laughed and we drove off but....

Guess I'm glad they like the car. This is a resort area so some folks seem to lose their senses when they get here.
                    Last edited by Boomer; 04-07-2021, 05:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

As others have reported sometimes it gets too much attention. I had a car with two teenage kids following me one with a camera out the window I believe video taping me. This went on for at least a couple of miles and turns along the way. Made me feel a bit uncomfortable after several miles on local roads I was driving on.

Comment

Originally posted by GAG View Post
                        As others have reported sometimes it gets too much attention. I had a car with two teenage kids following me one with a camera out the window I believe video taping me. This went on for at least a couple of miles and turns along the way. Made me feel a bit uncomfortable after several miles on local roads I was driving on.
                        Carjacking in Chi area makes news. Good you know it was "two teenage kids" although that happens to be the profile. Maybe they were just fans but sounds like they followed you.

As I turned into a store lot today I saw I was comfortably clear of an oncoming red jeep. I park and the Jeep pulls up and its the first C8 he's seen. We talked. He was polite. Showed him my engine. He drove off. He pulled in just to see the C8.

Comment

While appreciating the car is one thing, and the car has many fans, we also need to be smart about where we park (if we park) or don’t park. Don’t be paranoid, but be aware. Most people are on “green” they just go, go, go, without paying much attention. I’m on “yellow” using caution wherever necessary and switching from yellow to green as necessary. By my being on yellow, it helps prevent me from “freezing” or stopping (Red) myself from taking preventive/defensive actions.
                          07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”You only live once, but, if you live right, once is enough “

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Carjacking in Chi area makes news. Good you know it was "two teenage kids" although that happens to be the profile. Maybe they were just fans but sounds like they followed you.

As I turned into a store lot today I saw I was comfortably clear of an oncoming red jeep. I park and the Jeep pulls up and its the first C8 he's seen. We talked. He was polite. Showed him my engine. He drove off. He pulled in just to see the C8.
                            Been 14 car jacking in my area in the past week, one resulting in a 71 year old being shot to death because he wouldn't give up his car.please be aware of your surroundings.I hate to be paranoid,but trust no one.Stay safe out there

Comment

Originally posted by Nasty2ss View Post
                              Been 14 car jacking in my area in the past week, one resulting in a 71 year old being shot to death because he wouldn't give up his car.please be aware of your surroundings.I hate to be paranoid,but trust no one.Stay safe out there
                              Here's a MECF thread on Carjacking:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...70-carjackings

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X