Gear stuck ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear stuck ?

Forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere on this forum. I was out for a drive this afternoon and came to a complete stop to make a left turn. As I accelerated, in auto mode, my transmission stuck in first gear and remained for probably 4 seconds. It never shifted and I let off. I put it in manual and it shifted fine. I put it back in auto mode immediately and it shifted fine from then on. I went through many more shift cycles for the next hour and all was well. Has anyone else experienced anything like this ? With any gear ?
    Torch Red; 2LT; Z51; Two Tone Adrenaline Red GT2 seats TU7/AH2; Mag Ride FE4; Front Lift E60; Engine Appearance ZZ3; Pewter Rims 5DG; Silver Center Caps RXH; Battery Protection ERI; Yellow Calipers J6E; Yellow Seat Belts 3M9

I use the manual shift paddles for up and down shifts, while in the “D auto” gear. I do it to supplement the auto shifting when I prefer a different gear. Often an regularly. Sometimes, while in “D auto” gear , the normal shifts will defer, delay. And wait for me. I assume the algorithm is Learning. And then Since my manual “interferes “ reaches a critical point, D gear behaves like a manual . Until I back off. So if it holds the gear I shift. I assume it’s anticipating my preference based on pass action
    Last edited by SheepDog; 10-06-2020, 08:04 PM.

Comment

The only time I had something kinda similar happen was when I had been manually shifting and then approached a red light. As I was slowing and just about to stop, it turned green. I began to accelerate and soon the car was at around 5,500 RPM in 2nd and had not yet shifted - the car was still in manual mode, since I didn't slow to a low enough speed at the light to drop the car back into "D Auto"...

On another note, I recall reading an article from a C8 owner who would shift aggressively with the paddles, and he stated that the transmission's learning algorithm over time forced the "D Auto" mode into a more aggressive shifting pattern.

He mentioned that when in "D Auto" he wanted a more relaxed drive, so he took the car to the dealership to have the transmission reprogrammed, erasing the learned behavior.

If this is the case, it seems that he'll have to periodically get the transmission memory erased...
      My C8:
      '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
      '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
      '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
      '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Yes - If you took off spiritedly and let off the pedal or even just let off and held it at a slight push it takes several seconds for the fluids pressure in the valve body to drop and shift.
        Rocket City Florida

Comment

Thanks. I keep my car in auto D mode practically 100% of the time. I think I may have manually upshifted once just to see how it functioned. I do downshift rather frequently while in D mode. I don’t think I manually downshifted just before my described “incident”. I should have instantly tried to upshift with the paddle when it happened but it sort of unnerved me so I didn’t think. That’s what happens when you get over that hill. lol. Anyway, I’m not too concerned at this point. Was just curious if anyone else had a similar experience. BTW, I saw a Long Beach Red convertible and a silver coupe with high wing within a 10 minute period at same intersection this afternoon while waiting in a parking lot to meet a buddy. That makes at least 6 besides mine cruising my neck of the woods. But people are still taking pictures of mine for the time being.
          Torch Red; 2LT; Z51; Two Tone Adrenaline Red GT2 seats TU7/AH2; Mag Ride FE4; Front Lift E60; Engine Appearance ZZ3; Pewter Rims 5DG; Silver Center Caps RXH; Battery Protection ERI; Yellow Calipers J6E; Yellow Seat Belts 3M9

Comment

What mode were you in?
            3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Originally posted by KOPBET View Post
              Forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere on this forum. I was out for a drive this afternoon and came to a complete stop to make a left turn. As I accelerated, in auto mode, my transmission stuck in first gear and remained for probably 4 seconds. It never shifted and I let off. I put it in manual and it shifted fine. I put it back in auto mode immediately and it shifted fine from then on. I went through many more shift cycles for the next hour and all was well. Has anyone else experienced anything like this ? With any gear ?
              I belive if you had shifted with the paddles prior to stopping it may have expected you would shift manually , even in auto. It has happend to me , maybe not in that exact situation , but it has.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X