MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Do Not Post Anything Political On This Forum!

Violators will not as usual get a gentle private message. Anything posted from now on that is political SHALL result in a minimum one week banning. We do not care what side of the political realm you are on. Take your politics elsewhere! MECF is a car forum
See more
See less

Hurricane Sally - Everyone OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Sally - Everyone OK?

I know we have some Florida and other southern members here. I hope everyone made it through without any significant issues.
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

There were a Extreme number of people who thought their yachts and boats were going to be just fine at marina's right on the ocean. I'm sorry but I just can't understand how people can be so stupid. They had plenty of time to get them moved or get them forklifted onto land. And the large ones craned and blocked for a grand or so. Most of the idiots even left them moored to the docks with short ropes - and they wonder why the docks were totally ripped to pieces. I hope their insurance companies really stick it to them for not taking any responsibility and removing them.
    Last edited by Frenzy36; 09-17-2020, 10:20 PM.
    Rocket City Florida

Comment

I'm in Pace, FL just to the east of Pensacola. We were on the eastern side of Sally which is always the worst part.

My house is 25 or so miles from the Gulf so no chance of storm surge here but winds were probably close to 100 mph and 15 to 20 inches of rain. No damage but several trees down in my small neighborhood. Power was out for 30 hours and internet service for another 9 hours after that.

1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
      2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

My friend Charlie (member Cutnout) lives on Blackwater Bay and he had some damage. This is not his boat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG950044_2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	473.8 KB
ID:	191426
        1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
        2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Most boat insurance plans allow $ for moving the boat to safe grounds. I understand they are beginning to deduct if you DON'T use that option. And then there are those who WANT their boats destroyed...
          Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post
            My friend Charlie (member Cutnout) lives on Blackwater Bay and he had some damage. This is not his boat.

Glad you and Charlie are mostly OK. Looks like once Charlie gets the boat out of there the damage isn't too severe.

My parents were living in coastal South Carolina when Hugo (Cat 5) hit. They evacuated, because no one in my family is dumb, but the storm surge ended up about a yard from the back of their house. They had pieces of other people's houses in their backyard for quite a while. Their next door neighbors decided to ride it out, and said it was the stupidest thing they ever did. The spent the peak of the storm huddled in a bathtub with a mattress over them, hoping the house wouldn't collapse on top of them.
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post

Looks like it is now ...

How the hell do you carefully move that without wrecking it?
              Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
              Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Or what about a Tractor-Trailer going over a bridge with 100 mph winds ? - DUH
                Rocket City Florida

Comment

A lot of Free Boats or Jigsaw Puzzle's

Last edited by Frenzy36; 09-18-2020, 06:01 PM.
                  Rocket City Florida

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X