MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Official Announcement of The C8’s 7.18.19 Reveal; Video of The C8’s Ride; C7 Production Ending This Year

2 of 3 < >

MidEngineCorvetteForum Traveling “Forum Flag” Program Created!

We just created our MECF traveling Forum Flag Program thanks to “Ripper!” Would YOU like to display our forum flag on your Corvette, become a member of this program? Thanks for looking at the thread, especially at FVS’ created Forum Flag.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...rogram-created
3 of 3 < >

C8 Section Re-Organization, With Our New “Mid Engine Exterior/Interior Pictures, Videos and Renderings” Section

MECF members asked for our segregating pictures, renderings and videos into one area; looking ahead, that section will become our most viewed area once you get your C8’s. Pre-existing threads that fit are now being moved. Thank you for the suggestion!
See more
See less

What's your user name mean ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your user name mean ?

Guess I start first ? , My names Scott & when I started working at a motorcycle shop another mechanic decided to start calling my Scooter, since to many sites already have a Scooter user names I just add a few S's , 66 is the year I was born . Anybody else ??? John, no reply necessary unless it's just your code name ...
    Last edited by Ssscooter66; 11-30-2018, 10:15 AM.
    A thought if I might ...

I'm Brad and I have a 66 Corvette.
    1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
    1970 coupe - Bridgehampton Blue / Bright Blue
    2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

I'm named after our cat Boomer who died a few years ago.

Comment

I like Corvettes so I decided on plas as in plastic and boy. Thus Plasboy.
        There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
        2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
        79 coupe Silver/oyster
        All one owner
        Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
          I'm named after our cat Boomer who died a few years ago.
          Sorry to hear about Boomer . The “like” was just about letting us know your user name meaning . Sorry ? ..
          A thought if I might ...

Comment

I’m a Racer, and my car number is 86. Pretty tricky, huh!

Comment

Originally posted by Ssscooter66 View Post
              Sorry to hear about Boomer . The “like” was just about letting us know your user name meaning . Sorry ? ..
              Of course, understood. He was a good cat. I'd call him a kitty except he was an 18 pound bruiser that took no hell from anything. I'm proud to carry on his namesake.

Good thread!

Comment

Self explanatory

Comment

Cobra502. I built a 427 AC Cobra S/C and put a 502 ci Chevy in it. Now, before y'all start yelling out “Sacrilege, Sacrilege”, it is documented somewhere (I can’t find it right now) that when Carroll Shelby was developing his AC 427 S/C he built at least two test mules with Chevy 427 engines in them to get a baseline on the completion. This information came from an AC Cars mechanic from England. Carroll wanted Chevy engines in the beginning but GM said “no thanks, we have the Corvette” and so he went to Ford.

Comment

Interesting, I've never heard/read this before . I'm not sure everyone else would but I'd like to see it !
                    A thought if I might ...

Comment

Thank you very much Cobra502. Good information is always greatly welcomed!
                      So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

I've been using Mobius as a handle online since the birth of the internet (and it's been fun to watch that kid grow!).

August Ferdinand Möbius was a relatively famous mathematician, perhaps most noted for the simple (and yet complex) Mobius strip.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mobius_Strip.JPG Views:	2 Size:	16.6 KB ID:	17420
                        Attached Files
                        Current Vettes:
                        '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                        '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
                        '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
                        "Delta t = 23"

Comment

I am enjoying this thread. I get to see every forum name as each new member has joined us. Wonder who else will be coming out of the closet, for I still have lot of curiousity.
                          So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Ssscooter66- “Interesting, I've never heard/read this before . I'm not sure everyone else would but I'd like to see it!”

I’m looking!!
                            In the meantime, here’s a photo

Comment

Photo doesn’t show up on my iPhone.
                              There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                              2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                              79 coupe Silver/oyster
                              All one owner
                              Museum lifetime members

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom