MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Chazcron Driveway Walk-Around Videos! C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

POLL : Age Groups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MHFontaine View Post
    53 years old here. I've owned 7 'vettes in the past. The C8 will be my 8th!
    Welcome to the forum MHFontaine. We are glad you joined us. Congratulations on your future plans to get a mid engine!
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

​ Will be 77 years old when we get our ME ( 4th Vette) and it will be our daily driver as the others have been to the tune of over 20,000 miles per year and endless enjoyment. For excitement we can always go out as the Batmobile.

Comment

Originally posted by ltomn View Post

And over 55% of us are FileZilla UC Browser Rufus over 61!!

Actual age for this poll, maybe another one should also be started for that ....
        Last edited by CHAIRYTA; 06-21-2019, 03:17 PM.

Comment

I still suggest that once a 30 someth8ng or 40 someth8ng buys a corvette....they become so loyal they continue to buy corvettes through their
          Code:
          lifeteme

so of course the average age is higher...

brand loyalty among corvette owners is among the highest..

Comment

You’re right about the loyalty factor JB , but many of us older kids have come by it through trial and error. Fell in love with the 54 VETTE at 12 years old,was able to buy my first one ( 71 Mako Shark) at 32 years old and loved it. During the next 35 years there’s been a 350Z and a Porsche. One look at the 2014 Stingray and the Porsche was a distant memory. I’m on my second C7 and like all of you waiting eagerly for the ME. My total loyalty may have come late but it’s born from experience. I’ll be 78 when I can finally sit in my ME and I’m looking forward to years of the most fun driving of my life.

Comment

All this emphasis on younger buyers... You might conclude that anyone over 50 is being euthanized or that our money is worth less. To be perfectly frank, and likely out of sync with the forum, the very idea of a mid-engine Corvette made me go buy another C7. I’m glad those who want the C8 will be able to get it, and I’m sure they’ll enjoy it, but I’ll need convincing in the flesh. I view my new C7 as a hedge against the possibility that the C8 won’t suit me.

Yes, there’s a lot of young people with money in McLarens, Ferrari’s, etc. here in Scottsdale. However, most of them, in my opinion, from much observation, see it as a lifestyle accessory that says “I can afford it”. The Corvette won’t be expensive enough (thankfully) to have that cachet for the shallow poser crowd. Corvette has always been the car for someone who works hard, dreams, takes care of family first and then one day can afford his/her reward. Long may it remain so regardless of engine type or placement. As for me, I’m watching with great interest and plenty of Corvette passion, but far from ready to switch. Oh, the poll, I’m 59.
              Last edited by German; 06-10-2019, 09:02 PM.
              Current: 2019 Coupe, Z06, 3LZ, Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet Black.
              Former: 2015 Coupe, LT1, Z51 3LT, Laguna Blue, Jet Black.

Comment

Well said German. We are glad a beautiful new Grand Sport is now in your life!
                Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

There is something to be said about the person that recognizes that they are not of the mid engine variety. Reading German's writings does cause one to pause and contemplate what is coming next. Being one that never owned a front engine Corvette and truly awakened to the brand on the announcement of the C8, I will admit that I am anxious. However, I do think about what I want to do with this car. It's not track oriented, it's not "look at me" around town either. I want a GT and I'm beginning to think that I'd better give a lot more serious thought to the C7!

Comment

Originally posted by ltomn View Post
                    There is something to be said about the person that recognizes that they are not of the mid engine variety. Reading German's writings does cause one to pause and contemplate what is coming next. Being one that never owned a front engine Corvette and truly awakened to the brand on the announcement of the C8, I will admit that I am anxious. However, I do think about what I want to do with this car. It's not track oriented, it's not "look at me" around town either. I want a GT and I'm beginning to think that I'd better give a lot more serious thought to the C7!
                    Do yourself a favor and wait until after july 18th reveal to decide...

once people get a load of the c8 they will know exactly what to choose.

besides the deals on new c7 s will be rampant after the reveal of the c8 both in new corvette incentives and the excess inventory of preowned c7 s...

happens in every generation.

the power of the c7 z06 is enticing yet the entire driving experience of the c8 will transcend the notion that you can only experience its excellence on the absolute limit...

thats always been a nonsensical notion to dissuade any consumer of a high performance vehicle, not just corvettes of any generation..

if you can appreciate driver involvement in sports cars on the street then the c8 will impress...

taking the c8 to the track will also imoress...

dollar for dollar though i fully expect a brand new c7 z06 with 650 hp in a very attractive package will cost about the same at the end of the day as a 500 hp c8 z51 fe4

no wrong choices...

im still javing rational thought issues of even getting rid of my existing excellent m6 c6 z51...

this thing is perfect...looks great, runs great , is durable as hell and has practically no value in the resale market...

lol

my wife says treat myself....for this is my 60th birthday this year and why the hell not...

i have the cash laying around to pay for the c8 in full and I know intellectually this is the right time to buy a new c8...

lots of choices....the c7 in its various iterations is a hell of a value and a really good looking sports car...extremely capable...

im still leaning c8 z51 fe4....even if I were to mever go back to the track...

just for the street ...its a hell of a cool ride.

just shotting the breeze out load.

Comment

I respect all who have chosen this year to get a C7!

I also, when asked earlier this week by a friend what where my thoughts on his quandary, whether to buy a heavily discounted C7 now or wait, I asked him as he would be happy with almost any C7 GS, and I believe there are a couple of thousand out there (and for every one sold now, another one or more than one GS’s is currently being built), what would he feel like if he bought one now and the ME revealed in 41 days (when we talked), was far better than he thought?

He decided to wait — though now just 37 days.

Unless you are “needing” a manual or a soft top convertible, which I also truly respect, what is the harm in waiting? For if the ME that is revealed is not for you, you will still have thousands of heavily discounted C7’s to choose from.

Meanwhile, actions speak louder than words, and as one example Mike Furman sold 61 Corvettes during May. So many are clearly making up their mind and excitedly choosing a C7. Good on you doing that!

Comment

I have no intention of buying something this close to the reveal. That is a surety! While my choice for a C7 would preferably be a soft top, a C8 would likely be a coupe or retractable hardtop. I can have both if I choose but the sense of having two sports cars isn't that easy to see for me. In a month, there will still be cars to choose from. I configured a ZO6 last night and it came to $110k for what I wanted. Not likely to be sitting on a lot but something close may be.
                        Last edited by ltomn; 06-12-2019, 12:51 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

I am 74 and the C8 will be my 4th Corvette

Comment

Welcome 1963sccamember! We are glad you have joined us. Happy upcoming C8 to you.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X