MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Interviews Harlan Charles Re The C8 & More: ON NOW

What a wonderful Corvette Today podcast!!! Steve Garrett sits down with Corvette Product Manager, Harlan Charles on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...enea/a-a2qtt60. Harlan talks about his early years with Chevrolet and how he became Product Manager for Corvette. He also discusses the cohesive work done by the entire Corvette team-from C5 through C8.  You'll learn about the evolution of the new mid-engine C8 Corvette and the steps taken to bring it to market. Plus, Harlan delves into the launch of the C8, the development of the strategy behind the mid-engine car.
See more
See less

Dr Low T’s 1967 POTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
    White interior in Corvettes is very rare. I had a 1976 Mahogany Corvette Coupe with white interior I had just traded my 74 white convertible with merlot interior. The next day I tried to get my 74 back and it was sold the first hour on The Chevy dealers lot. The mahogany paint was gorgeous as it had to be wet sanded and buffed before delivery but that interior as beautiful as it was the car had a recd dash, just did not go with the exterior paint. Really missed my 74 , had the removeable hardtop. I really do like Dr. Ts that is so rare and beautiful
    Thank you for those kind words. I had a 1974 Corvette L82 4 speed. Loved that car. Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (46).jpg
Views:	106
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	137668 Here I am in the winter of 1974 Chicago

Comment

Originally posted by C8Driving View Post
      Dr Low T. Thanks for re-posting. Whatever color it is, how we all would love a 427/435!
      Thank you, I'll be driving a ZR1 Corvette when they finally come out. Can't wait. I love the C8 mid-engine design. It's the only car I'd give up my Nissan GTR for!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        That is one beautiful Car. How fortunate you are!
        thank you and yes I am very fortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmatt View Post
          Stunning in a convertible!, I have a 66 L72 coupe with the White/ White blue interior too. Very rare color combination, I have only seen a handful of these in the midyear corvettes.
          My brother had a red 66 425 hp 4 spd like yours and we we raced (as of course brothers would). His 66 425 against my 67 435. Absolutely dead even!!! LOL we couldn't pull away from each other. What a rush. Two side exhaust big blocks racing feet apart from each other grabbing rubber on the shifts. I'll never forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            Congratulations to Dr Low T for his Picture Of The Day Award. What a beauty and fantastic C2.

Click image for larger version Name:	ED6E5D70-D169-4B4E-B37B-288827BF1E8A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	105.6 KB ID:	38106
            Thank you very much . I haven't been on the site in awhile. I'll be on much more when solid info on the ZR1 starts filtering in. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3899.jpg
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	137676Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3901.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	137677Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4524.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	137678

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Low T View Post

Thank you for those kind words. I had a 1974 Corvette L82 4 speed. Loved that car. Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender (46).jpg
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	137668 Here I am in the winter of 1974 Chicago
              Great pictures, Thanks. Are you my long lost twin?? lol

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post

Great pictures, Thanks. Are you my long lost twin?? lol
                Car wise or do you look like me back then?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Low T View Post

Car wise or do you look like me back then?
                  Both We look alike and had similar cars

Comment

you must be an extremely handsome guy! LOL good taste in cars too.

Comment

Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post
                      Beautiful car!

I'll bet red back to white was challenging for whoever did the work.
                      I think for a good Corvette Painter its just business as usual. I over saw the red paint change originally it seemed pretty standard. Lacquer paint was available then. My major disappointment was that the white paint was original and in great shape. I won my first top flight award with the original paint. Back in the 80's there wasn't such a push to keep Vette paint as is. Everyone back then restored and over restored. If I had to do it over again I would have left it as is.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X