Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today’s News That “Corvette Fever” Returns

Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Colvin-euvkq2. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication. Plus, listen to this podcast and register to win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this episode! Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
2 of 4 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
3 of 4 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

1st Corvette Is Our POTD Dec 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Corvette Is Our POTD Dec 3rd

On January 17, 1953, at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC, the 1st Corvette concept was unveiled. It started the stampede resulting in the first customer Corvette being delivered on June 30th that year.

Too bad the Waldorf Astoria is going through a many year remodel, will not be open for more than two years from now, or my guess is that it would have been the site of the 2020 ME’s NYC reveal.

To celebration our Corvette beginnings:

Click image for larger version  Name:	FC466C1B-7113-4FC2-BDB1-BF388E703322.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	82.0 KB ID:	17758

If you would like to watch a super short, though exciting video of that 1st Corvette being revealed:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...motorama-video
    Last edited by John; 12-03-2018, 09:42 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Thanks for the video,
    I looked for fun to see the original price ..
    New price $3,498
    # 003 last sold for 1.1 million , more than all 300 1953's would cost new ! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2914.PNG
Views:	97
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	17763Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2913.PNG
Views:	71
Size:	690.7 KB
ID:	17764
    A thought if I might ...

Comment

It's been a while since I've seen a '53, so I found this walk-around video of a nicely restored '53:

Do you need even more detail? Ok!

Last edited by Mobius; 12-03-2018, 11:21 AM. Reason: Added 2nd video
      My C8:
      '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
      '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
      '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
      '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Great videos. Thank you Mobius for finding/sharing them.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

This one was on display at the NCM in the Spire prior to the sinkhole.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM 012.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	17790
          Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM 013.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	17791
          1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
          2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

That is one gorgeous Corvette. Thank you Brad.

Comment

Maybe thats where and when the c8 releases?

Comment

I looked into that, and the Waldorf Astoria is undergoing a many year remodel, and according to their web site, will not be reopening until 2021.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X