Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #129 - Corvette News and Headlines, Early October 2022

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger team up once again to bring you the most current and up-to-date information on Corvette. It’s the CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines show to start off October! https://youtu.be/NG7JwFGJf04; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...lUqQwp7DeopRJV
Here are some of the topics Steve and Keith will cover next week....
—The Bowling Green Assembly Plant ran a rare “2 shift Saturday” last weekend
--C8 Z06 embargo on driving impression ended last week
--Corvette’s average sale price is almost 20% over MRSP
--The 1st customer ordered Z06 was built last week
--Is Ford benchmarking the C8 Z06?
--Road & Track magazine is now testing the C8 Z06
--Detroit News readers name the C8 Corvette “Best in Show” at Detroit Auto Show
--The new “Driven By Design” exhibit opens at the NCM
CORVETTE TODAY is the only current podcast on Corvette! And our News & Headlines show continues to be your best source of Corvette news in the industry.
Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website, listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, shop in the Merchandise Store, sign up for weekly emails and join the Facebook Group at:
www.CorvetteToday.com
2 of 3 < >

Z06 Auto-Media Testing Results & Impressions

This is our one thread: Thanks for putting all your posts within it: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...eviews-results
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

GT3 next year-notably missing? Corvette Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT3 next year-notably missing? Corvette Racing

Why is it taking so long to build a GT3 car? This is ridiculous. Once again a nerfed GTLM car will be ran, and once again IMSA will have to make certain it can't win many races or a championship, because the other manufacturers would be up in arms if a GTLM car won GTD. There is no excuse for them taking this long to build GT3 cars. None.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/m...HFXXKqkC3x78X8
    The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches.

1LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Adrenaline red seats, Torch red seat belts, Z51, FE4, Bright red brake calipers, Bright Silver 5-open spoke wheels, chrome emblems

We are an impatient lot……They can’t build Z06’s fast enough either…👍😎

I was hoping they would have a team car for next year, followed by customer cars the year after.🤷🏼‍♂️
    I’m goin’ driving 👍

Comment

It’s taking 2 years for Ford to get the Mustangs in the GT3 class . They won’t be running until 2024. So what’s the big deal. I’m happy at least the C8R is racing in IMSA.
      Red mist C8. Z51 coupe.

2023 Z06 wait list # 396 current #394 at Ciocca Chevy

Comment

GM announced from the beginning, and long before this season started, the the GT3 C8R would not be ready until the 2024 WeatherTech GTD season.

Comment

https://www.chevrolet.com/motorsport...tte-racing/gt3

Click image for larger version

Name:	B909E68D-35AE-4373-A092-6B160C53A60A.png
Views:	157
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	403970
          I’m goin’ driving 👍

Comment

No, definitely not street legal.

The purpose of the GT3 class is for manufacturers to build turn-key race cars they sell to "privateers." It is one of things that has made the Porsche 911 so ubiquitous in GT racing over many years. The vast majority of racing 911s are not factory-backed cars, but they are factory built race cars sold to private teams.

GM is moving toward emulating that model, with the plan being selling GT3 C8Rs to private racing teams to increase its presence in many different venues BMW is today doing the same thing with the M4 GT3, Ford later with a GT3 Mustang, and other manufacturers are also moving in that direction.

The racing Porsche GT3 starts at $535K, and the M4 GT3 race car is a relative bargain at $196K.
            Last edited by Foosh; 08-22-2022, 12:17 PM. Reason: typo and additional info

Comment

According to Laura Wontrop Klauser, GM's Race Car Program Manager at Daytona in January, Chevrolet already has multiple very qualified and interested parties that want to purchase the GT3 car!
              GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

My guess is that the C8 GT3 will be a relative bargain compared to the competition making it very appealing to a lot of teams around the world.

Comment

Laura mentioned a price that she was estimating and if I remember correctly, she thought around $150-200K which I felt to be reasonable.
                  GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

Originally posted by whl3 View Post
                    According to Laura Wontrop Klauser, GM's Race Car Program Manager at Daytona in January, Chevrolet already has multiple very qualified and interested parties that want to purchase the GT3 car!
                    Well then start building them!!
                    The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches.

1LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Adrenaline red seats, Torch red seat belts, Z51, FE4, Bright red brake calipers, Bright Silver 5-open spoke wheels, chrome emblems

Comment

Originally posted by whl3 View Post
                      Laura mentioned a price that she was estimating and if I remember correctly, she thought around $150-200K which I felt to be reasonable.
                      They’ll cost WAY MORE THAN THAT

Comment

Originally posted by majic1980 View Post

They’ll cost WAY MORE THAN THAT
                        I don't think so.... Maybe off by 50k-100k but nothing more than that... 200-300k tops

Comment

As a baseline, the Camaro GT4, as built by Pratt & Miller, was $259k, in 2018 dollars.

https://www.prattmiller.com/markets/...rts/camarogt4r
                          Last edited by acrace; 09-03-2022, 07:16 PM.
                          Al Chan

2022 C8: Z51/FE4 2LT Coupe; Hypersonic Gray/Natural Napa competition bucket seats; some other minor stuff
                          Other/Previous Corvette experiences: 1969 427/390 coupe; 1992 Z07 coupe; 2003 Z06; 2009 Z06, 2020 Z51/FE4 Long Beach Red coupe

Comment

GM just plain doesn't value racing as part of their overall business model. They invest minimally to sell cars. Porsche and Ferrari sell cars to support racing. It's a question of their first love. Callaway has C7R GT3's, but I see none in top level IMSA or WEC racing. No one is going to race a car that isn't competitive in meaningful numbers. Better start winning or 2024 won't work out.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X