Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Ford will race the GT in its last Le mans in 4 liveries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford will race the GT in its last Le mans in 4 liveries

it came, it cheated, it left.

https://jalopnik.com/the-ford-gt-is-...ium=socialflow

Last edited by ABorC; 05-31-2019, 01:07 AM.

Doesn't seem right to use number 66. That will always be The Chevy-powered Chaparral's number to me.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by ABorC View Post
      Seems like there are several manufacturers using bent rules.
      There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
      2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
      79 coupe Silver/oyster
      All one owner
      Museum lifetime members

Comment

"Last Le mans" means it will not be back to race in the same years as the C8R?
        The GT Raced and won in 1966,67,68,69 and 2016, and placed 17,18, (?)19, Tradition? Will the GT be back for 2066,67,68,69? Numerology of the Ford GT. A 50 year Cicada .

Ford GT = Cicada 50
        or
        50 Y Cicada , what which ever.

Just as well go hide. The 911 with the engine in the middle 911 RSR is a noise terror these days. Hope they Porsche never produces an street version "Instant Legend" of it to cast a long shadow over Mt Everest that only a few may have and none will ever actually see or touch. unless a few extras are made for Bubba Brown with the blue collar..
        Last edited by SheepDog; 05-29-2019, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepDog View Post
          "Last Le mans" means it will not be back to race in the same years as the C8R?
          Dude, they know the C8.R is gonna crush 'em, so why bother with the humiliation?
          My C8:
          '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
          '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
          '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
          '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

I really feel sorry for Ford face fans. They can only dream about the GT cars. On the other hand Us Chevy guys will actually be able buy a car within reason that resembles the C8R.
            I need to be quiet I see those Ford guys getting in line for a C8. along with Porsche people.This car , The C8, will be a hit in Europe as well even with the excessive Duty Rate on American cars.From what I can see Bowling Green with the recent hiring of an additional 400 employees and spending close to 800 million on the plant will be building 40,000 units the first year and that may not be enough to fill demand. Did I get off topic???

Comment

I think you are correct in BGA being able to build 40,000 units/year though interesting how Kai Spande refused to put a specific number to that very question when it was asked at the Bash.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The Ford GT was 100% built to maximize its chances, it entire aero design created, to win the LeMans race. Then if that was not enough, they have competed with four cars each year to all its competitors having two. Yes, Ford has won their beginning years of competing there, but that is not what is in the real spirit of competition, and glad they did not win the GTLM class LeMans last year nor the year before.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The Ford GT was not the overall winner like 1966.

They won GTE / GTLM only . How many times did the Corvette win at LeMans ? Google it I’m too lazy like Ford was. Oh well 8 times.

Anybody ever try to buy the current Ford GT ? Even if you had the absurd money to buy a multimatic Ford you might not get one. The reason I say multimatic is because that’s who builds the car. Made in Canada 🇨🇦. That doesn’t bother me but it’s not a ford factory built car. Oh that’s right Ford doesn’t want to build cars anymore. Except the mustang. Sorry for the rant but a 05 Ford GT MSRP all 4 options was $165K. Then the current one jumped to $450K. I bought a 05 Ford GT back in 2009 new for $121K. All 4 options also. Not a fan of the current GT it sounds horrible on the track at Daytona every year it’s been there.
                  They even cried this year when they didn’t win. Bunch of whiners. Porsche won period.
                  Last edited by MikeC8; 05-29-2019, 11:32 AM.
                  2020 Blade Silver 2LT Z51 front lift ,mag ride ,black trident wheels and carbon fiber dash

Comment

^^^
                    Ford designed and built a race car, and then made the bare minimum necessary to be able to homologate it. GM built a street car that's good enough to modify into a competitive race car. All Corvette owners benefit from GM's desire to race the car. Only 500 people "benefited" from Ford's decision to build the GT. And I put "benefited" in quotes because it's really not a usable street car, unlike the Corvette. Just a status symbol / collectors item.

That said, if someone wanted to give me one, and build me another garage bay, I'd take it.
                    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

It’s possible that Ford May sell their Ford GT to private teams next year. Just a rumor at this point. There is also a rumor Ford might jump to the DPi class in IMSA. We shall see
                      2020 Blade Silver 2LT Z51 front lift ,mag ride ,black trident wheels and carbon fiber dash

Comment

What will happen to the WEC's LMGTE class next year with Ford having announced that this will be their last year to race the 24 Hours of Le Mans and most recently BMW having also made the same announcement? It would seem to be decimated losing those two manufacturers (as has the LMP1 class with only Toyota supporting it). Multiple manufacturer backed racing, in any "premier" class, is critical for the success of any race series! I just hope that the IMSA GTLM field won't shrink!
                        GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

re; future LeMans classes:

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...r-replacement/

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X