Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

What Say You? Cover- Zippered or no Zipper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Say You? Cover- Zippered or no Zipper?

Looking for insight from my MECF friends. I've never owned a car cover, really I've never needed one. But with cats intermittently in my garage I am seeking a cover for my upcoming Z51. Was hoping to get your input on the following:

Zipper or no Zipper: one side of me thinks the zippered may be easier, but then another side of me is concerned about the metal potentially damaging the paint and how often I would need the zipper? If I could get opinions or regrets after having purchased a cover that would be awesome!

Which Cover?: I've looked at the official GM ones, they seem nice and from a reputable brand. What do forum members prefer? I also have the high wing and I've read conflicting online statements regarding which part number works with the high wing, some clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

On wait list 😂: Torch Red Coupe, 2LT, Z51 Performance Package, FE4 Magnetic Ride, E60 Front Lift, Transparent Roof, Spectra Gray Trident Spoke, Bright Red Brake Calipers, High Wing Spoiler, Natural Interior, Status 3400

If you have the C8 with the factory high wing, GM cover option “RHW” (rear high wing) will work perfectly for you — as it has for others here.

Yes get a cover with cats! But insure you do not put the cover on a dirty car for no matter how you try to place it onto the car, or reverse to move, you will slide some part(s) of it across the paint, ergo… scratches..
    2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      If you have the C8 with the factory high wing, GM cover option “RHW” (rear high wing) will work perfectly for you — as it has for others here.

Yes get a cover with cats! But insure you do not put the cover on a dirty car for no matter how you try to place it onto the car, or reverse to move, you will slide some part(s) of it across the paint, ergo… scratches..
      I only see 2 options "for models with high wing spoiler" on gm's website, and they are both $1195. they the C8.R renders on the covers, i am fine with black, grey, or red. i was hoping their were some in the $495 range that worked with the high wing spoiler?

it looks like this cover has the high wing spoiler under it and it doesn't say "not for use with the high wing spoiler." so, i'm assuming it would work.

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/pr...tegoryId=98010

it would be easier if it clearly said compatible or not compatible with high wing spoiler!
      On wait list 😂: Torch Red Coupe, 2LT, Z51 Performance Package, FE4 Magnetic Ride, E60 Front Lift, Transparent Roof, Spectra Gray Trident Spoke, Bright Red Brake Calipers, High Wing Spoiler, Natural Interior, Status 3400

Comment

never get a cover that has anything on it that can scratch the car. especially a metal zipper.

Comment

Originally posted by ABorC View Post
          never get a cover that has anything on it that can scratch the car. especially a metal zipper.
          That was my thought. I wasn't sure if the access panels on the official gm covers had zippers or not?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	81236F02-B7B1-40B2-A0AB-AA7B2C1B96C7.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	890.3 KB
ID:	398787

Maybe overkill, but i like to think this will keep any unwanted critters out… and it keeps it from getting scratched for sure.

Comment

Dont cover the car. Just drive it more often.

putting a cover on it is just one more thing to do before getting in and driving it.

just my two cents.

why would you put a zipper on a car cover? Sounds like a real PIA

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

putting a cover on it is just one more thing to do before getting in and driving it.

just my two cents.

That's a good point. That's why I was asking, I wasn't sure if the covers that have "access panels" are zippered access?

ps, always enjoy your comments

Comment

The zipper on these covers is lined so it won't come into contact with the paint. It allows access to open the driver's door without having to remove the cover.
                  1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                  2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post
                    The zipper on these covers is lined so it won't come into contact with the paint. It allows access to open the driver's door without having to remove the cover.
                    Thanks for the clarification

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post
                      Do you have an access panel cover? If so, are glad you went with it?

Comment

just my two cents.

I agree with driving more but for those of us in the North East, and other areas that get more snow than this car can clear, storage for several months annually is inevitable. I too have pondered the cover with or without access and whether outdoor or indoor is sufficient in a garage.

subscribed here to be further educated by those who use covers. Thank you OP for the conversation

Comment

I live in the (northeast NY metro area) as well and personally wouldn’t cover my car as I believe it adds one more reason to not get it out.

I have heard mice can be an issue so keep that as an item to consider as well. I’ve heard they love the wires especially the ones leading to the fe4 suspension. MRC shocks) I believe spring mountain wraps their wires to the shocks in aluminum
                          foil but don’t quite me in that.

forums are great because we can all share opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by MotorMouth View Post

I agree with driving more but for those of us in the North East, and other areas that get more snow than this car can clear, storage for several months annually is inevitable. I too have pondered the cover with or without access and whether outdoor or indoor is sufficient in a garage.

subscribed here to be further educated by those who use covers. Thank you OP for the conversation
                            Sure. I'm interested in a cover because i don't want kitty paws on the car and just feel better having it covered in the garage. Not many have chimed in regarding access panel or not. Was wanting people's experience with either. I'm leaning no access panels. I don't see myself needing to get in the car much without removing cover.

Comment

I live in the (northeast NY metro area) as well and personally wouldn’t cover my car as I believe it adds one more reason to not get it out.

I have heard mice can be an issue so keep that as an item to consider as well. I’ve heard they love the wires especially the ones leading to the fe4 suspension. MRC shocks) I believe spring mountain wraps their wires to the shocks in aluminum
                              foil but don’t quite me in that.

forums are great because we can all share opinions.
                              You are right. I’m a bit upstate and west from you in the snow belt (buffalo). My garage is detached and built in 1900 so weather tight but conditioned or air tight. I will definitely drive my vehicle as late into winter as the snow accumulation and plows allow but once it hits a certain depth and skirts, intersections, etc have huge chunks of ice and 5” + of accumulation that will stick around until spring then the vehicle goes away.

a cover would keep critters off and the crud that collects from the roof movement (shrinking and expanding) throughout the daytime sun cycles.

I agree with msg too that I don’t see myself accessing the vehicle during deep storage so an access panel is not a necessity. I do wonder if I should stick with Interrior or exterior cover but now you,jb, have me thinking about protecting those wiring components.

love the info, opinions, and experience shared here.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X