Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Today @ 8:00 PM Pacific Time - Scheduled Forum Maintenance.

Scheduled forum maintenance from 8:00 PM through 11:00 PM Pacific Time on Tuesday August 9th, 2022

The site might experience a brief outage during this maintenance period.
2 of 4 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #121 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid August 2022

The world of Corvette is really heating up with the release of pricing for the C8 Z06. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger are back with the most current Corvette news and headlines. https://youtu.be/QRAUz6Att0k; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...jnmYV0amyIoQR2
Here are a few of the topics discussed in this week’s show….
1.Chevrolet offering C8 Z06 buyers $5,000 in rewards for not “flipping” their car
2.GM limits the warranty transferability of the C8 Z06 to people who flip their cars
3.The C8 Z06 Order Guide is now available for download
4.FBI raids a Chinese-owned company that makes aluminum wheels for GM
5.Spring Mountain is back open after a flash flood covered the track with sand & debris
6.Our "Corvette Insider" Manny Katakis is back with insider information!
7.Lingenfelter introduces high performance CAI for the C8
8.The first 35th Anniversary Callaway C8 arrives at Ciocca Chevrolet
3 of 4 < >

Find out your C8’s Order Status by asking!

Information provided to MidEngineCorvetteForum members, and with great thanks to Corvette Ed for answering your inquiry requests in our sticky’d “The C8 Order Inquiry Status Thread” in our “Purchasing Section.”https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...inquiry-thread
4 of 4 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Interior Glass Cleaning Resulting in NO STREAKING in direct sun???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Glass Cleaning Resulting in NO STREAKING in direct sun???

I’m in Central Florida. Have not yet found that combo of cleaner and process that results in no streaking when the glass hits direct sun. If you solved this problem, what product and what process do you use to accomplish this Amazing Feat?? Thanking you all in Advance!! 😎
    2022 Arctic White Z5, HTC, AH2seats, Perform Traction, Carbon Flash Mirrors, Red Calipers, Comp Rocker Ext, Carbon Flash Spoiler, Carbon Flash Nacelles, Front Lift, Mag Ride, Std Wheels (going to Black Chrome) Front/Rear Splash Guards, Torch Red Seat Belts, Museum Plaque, Two Tone GT2 Seats Red-Black, Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, Sueded Steering, Batt Charge, Born Date: Nov 9th. Delivery Date: Nov 29th. 684 days from Order Date… 👏😎

I too look forward to smart answers as to the specific liquid product used.

Three things I do that assist:

*I always wipe the outside of the window in a horizontal plane, the inside in a vertical stroke [or vice-versa should you choose] — so when I see a streak I know which side of the glass to work on;

*If you have tinted your windows please insure your window cleaning liquid is tint compatible.

* This is my favorite inside tool and after cleaning the car’s window’s once, it joins the rest of my single use MF’s and get’s washed. There are many other cheaper ones. Mine is now seven years old an bought also in Invisible Glass one then at $14.99: https://smile.amazon.com/Invisible-G...47&sr=8-3&th=1

Click image for larger version

Name:	CF5D808F-0466-42F8-A4E9-4F866EB26566.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	474.2 KB
ID:	382017
    Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks John..... Just ordered everything here, plus 6-cans of invisible glass spray cleaner...

Comment

I too have found success with John’s approach. I hope you post back with your experience once all is in and you try.

what I did l learn was John’s tactic of separate direction on interior vs exterior. Seems so simple but never crossed my mind. I continue to love how much I learn from this community.

Comment

It was taught to me; not something I was smart enough to figure out myself. The great thing about it is that is also works beautifully on windows, patio doors, and similar on one’s house.
          Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            It was taught to me; not something I wasas smart enough to figure out myself. The great thing about it is that is also works beautifully on windows, patio doors, and similar on one’s house.
            Well a Standing O to whoever came up with that one and thanks for posting John. I’m using the IG hardware and have used there spay with limited results. I actually got my best results using DI water from my Simple Chuck. (I use a slinky hose on Chuck for washing our cars… always drain the slinky into a bucket which I keep covered in the garage for touch up on wheels etc…) I’ve also tried Adams, and a couple of other cleaners. It may be my application method or both… not sure! 😳
            2022 Arctic White Z5, HTC, AH2seats, Perform Traction, Carbon Flash Mirrors, Red Calipers, Comp Rocker Ext, Carbon Flash Spoiler, Carbon Flash Nacelles, Front Lift, Mag Ride, Std Wheels (going to Black Chrome) Front/Rear Splash Guards, Torch Red Seat Belts, Museum Plaque, Two Tone GT2 Seats Red-Black, Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, Sueded Steering, Batt Charge, Born Date: Nov 9th. Delivery Date: Nov 29th. 684 days from Order Date… 👏😎

Comment

I have found that Adams glass cleaner to be my favorite. We have all developed OCD in cleaning window glass.

Comment

That tool in post 2 is priceless. Have used it ever since John had written about it in previous posts ( Thank you John). However, the Invisible Glass spray still streaks, which show when facing direct sun light. I have not found any product that is 100% streak free for sun here on Hutchinson Island, Fl.
                Heidi
                Save the Wave👋
                2021 TR HTC 2LT (HTM DTH D86 E60 FE2 Q8T J6F NPP VQK AH2 SQU AH2)

Comment

I find that I have to come back with a clean dry cloth after I wipe the sprayed window down, seems to work.
                  2LT, Silver Flare coup, Adrenaline Red, Mag ride, Front lift, Stek roof wrap, Aerolarri Brushed Aluminum wheels, AMG front splitter, Scrape Armor splitter guard, ACS engine cover, American Car Craft Engine dress up kit.

Comment

I've found "Invisible Glass" is the closest to a streak-free product. My tinter recommended this product specifically because of that and because it is tint friendly. It's what they use exclusively in their high-end shop. I'd always been using it anyway for decades now.

The triangular pads with a long handle are great too for reaching bottom corners and hard to reach areas of the C8 windshield.
                    Last edited by Foosh; 06-06-2022, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Since having my windows tinted, including the front windscreen, I've used Sprayway 707 Glass Cleaner. It too was recommended by my window tinter. It's ammonia free which makes it "tint" friendly and advertises itself as being "Streak Free"! I won't guarantee "streak free" as I think that has as much to do with the glass temperature at the time of application, the applicator and finishing cloths, and the applicator him or herself as it does with the product used.
                      GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
                        That tool in post 2 is priceless. Have used it ever since John had written about it in previous posts ( Thank you John). However, the Invisible Glass spray still streaks, which show when facing direct sun light. I have not found any product that is 100% streak free for sun here on Hutchinson Island, Fl.
                        Heidi
                        Save the Wave👋
                        Heidi…. Saw your car on HI last weekend! We have a place at Aquanique… since 1995. Love the area… Great to C8’s in the neighborhood!

Comment

Originally posted by 5632 View Post
                          I have found that Adams glass cleaner to be my favorite. We have all developed OCD in cleaning window glass.
                          Actually used Adams again yesterday… backed it up with a rigorous hand buff with one of their buffing towels and got the best results yet!

Comment

Sprayway has worked the best for me.

Comment

I also use invisible glass on the windows, except the inside windshield! I have a cleaning wand much like the one John shows in his post, but, I just spray a very light mist of clean water on the pad and wipe the inside of the windshield with that. Go in both directions to make sure I cover the whole inside. Invisible glass works great on the outside but just plain water mist on the wand seems to do a better job inside for me. I clean it fairly often so there not much of build up of the film that tends to build on the insdie of the glass over time.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X