Excellent exhaust tip cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent exhaust tip cleaner

From AWE. This was gifted to me, and it is without question the best cleaner I've ever used, and the easiest to use.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tip tonic.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	244.4 KB
ID:	319575

Just wipe it on, let it sit for a couple of minutes, then rub it off with a coarse terrycloth towel. Most of the soot actually comes off as you're applying the cleaner, even before you let it sit. If the tips really have a lot of soot on them, apply a second coat and let it sit a few minutes longer,and rub with the terrycloth again. After all the soot is gone and you wiped off the cleaner, polish with a cheap microfiber towel and see the shine. If you're really fastidious, follow up with your preferred polish (Simichrome, Wenol, whatever.)
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

I just use a mister eraser works like a charm.

Comment

I've used Flitz metal polish for years. works awesome on many surfaces.

Comment

Hello Vetteboy14.

I just used "Goo Gone" spray on my C8's exhaust tips to clean off exhaust dirt prior to
        using "Hyperdip" to color my exhaust chrome tips to go with my mostly black exterior.
        This morning I applied my first coating; I plan to repeat for a number of days until I am
        satisfied with the look.

Google "Hyperdip" to see what they offer if you want to change the color of yours.

IvyLakeBob

Comment

Ive been using the stainless steel cleaner spray from the kitchen...seems to work well but I appreciate the insights and recommendation.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
          Working...
          X