Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast Latest Corvette News

Wow....there is so much Corvette news coming out right now.   Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com joins your host, Steve Garrett to cover it all. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...e-2021-e12kai2  Check out some of the headlines below....
1.  GM Cancels June Allocation – 3000 status orders to be completed
2.  Chevrolet releases details and pricing on 2022 Corvette
3.  Chevrolet will offer a Corvette C8.R Special Edition for 2022
4.  2022 C8 Corvette Visualizer is now live
5.  Right-hand drive C8’s arrive in Japan and revealed at Fuji Speedway
6.  Ordering Opens in Australia and New Zealand
7.  GM still working out details for 2023 Racing Program
8.  Juan Pablo Montoya loves the Indy 500 pace car C8 Corvette!
9.  With C8 details out for 2022, the Z06 will most likely be a 2023 model
10.  Pre-owned Corvette pricing up 34% in the last year
...and there's lots more!  Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
See more
See less

Coating question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coating question

a buddy swears the Ceramic Coatings are great.

who has done this to your C8 or any car? See any difference thank regular cleaning and hand wax?

Here’s just one of our many threads on ceramic coatings. I would guess that over 2,000 of us have ceramic coated our C8’s.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...oatings-yes-no

SO much easier to get bug guts and other yuk off. When I am done with my pressure washer before I have even have touched the car, 90% of the yuk on the paint is already gone.

Waxing is also a ticket to creating swirl marks IMO —especially on darker colors. I have applied ceramic coating to every one of my daily drivers for about five years. Love the stuff and I highly recommend it I used Adams Graphene on my 2021 DD. Washing it is now a breeze. Gloss is also improved.

My personal recommendations:

FOR DIY’S: https://adamspolishes.com/products/g...mic-coating™

For Professional application: There are so many superb quality ones. My detailer applied CQuartz Professional on my C8.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Like John stated, bug guts and other yuk are so much easier to clean off. The difference is amazing.
      3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Another HAPPY customer for Adams Graphene Ceramic Coating 😀

Liked it so well on the C8, bought another kit for our new Honda DD. Bugs come off SO easily, especially when I'm using Adams Graphene Detail Spray on a microfiber towel.
        3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber mirrors and spoiler. Carbon Fiber door handles & boomerangs, and front grill trim

Comment

I use 303 Graphene Ceramic Coating. Its along the line with Adams. I would rather put in on my self every 6-12 month (I enjoy doing it), than paying a professional $1,000 to put a long term coating on. Its not about the $$$, its about enjoying detailing and spending time with my cars... lol
          3000 Status on 3/1/2021. 3300 Status on 5/17/2021. 3400 Status on 5/24/2021. Will be built the morning of 6/14/21.
          3LT Red Mist HTC. Jet Black Interior w/Red stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors
          Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
          Adding AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, mirror caps, and front grill inserts.

Comment

I applied 2 coats of Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating over the Xpel and the shine is stunning. Really easy to apply and lasts 4 years. Longer with a annual coating booster. I agree, makes cleanup and washing is a breeze.
            2021 SGM Z51 3LT Coupe
            2016 Z06/Z07 A8 NRB/Kalahari
            1969 Corvette Coupe Gold/Tan
            1967 Pontiac GTO
            2007 Saturn Sky

Comment

Ceramic coatings aren't magic, but they do make the car easier to clean and they do last longer than most other coatings. Touch them up once a year or so with a product made to go on top of the coating and they'll keep protecting for years. Had mine coated with Adams in 2017, and water still doesn't want to adhere to it.

Gives a great shine, too.
              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	FD458F1E-5F44-474C-9525-FBB962B8D7AE.jpeg Views:	16 Size:	770.3 KB ID:	278855 Click image for larger version  Name:	1C392804-2713-4B08-83CB-9CBB1D6D761E.jpeg Views:	16 Size:	1.09 MB ID:	278856 Click image for larger version  Name:	15A21A0A-55C7-4453-BD07-85F13FF0CD39.jpeg Views:	16 Size:	1.91 MB ID:	278857 Click image for larger version  Name:	4CCC1830-D253-4869-9F4E-EC06B896E121.jpeg Views:	16 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	278858 Click image for larger version  Name:	15574FDF-3899-499D-89EA-6820F3484F0C.jpeg Views:	16 Size:	1.91 MB ID:	278859

Will definitely have my 2022 C8 (someday of course) ceramic coated and wrapped...

When I took delivery of my MB CLS AMG 53 Edition 1 I had Esoteric in Ohio do a paint correction, ceramic coating and wrap...

Images were taken as they pulled the car out of their bay to get it loaded on the truck to ship here to Texas...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by FoleyAMG; 06-10-2021, 08:20 PM.

Comment

It is important to get a Paint Correction prior to laying down the ceramic coating. You want the paint looking great before you seal it in.

Comment

[/QUOTE] Will definitely have my 2022 C8 (someday of course) ceramic coated and wrapped...
                    When I took delivery of my MB CLS AMG 53 Edition 1 I had Esoteric in Ohio do a paint correction, ceramic coating and wrap...
                    Images were taken as they pulled the car out of their bay to get it loaded on the truck to ship here to Texas...[/QUOTE]

Can you give an idea of cost?
                    And, do you apply anything after a normal washing?

Thanks,
                    Mike

Comment

Hey Mike,

So packages can really range on what you select. The company used was Esoteric Detail

For my CLS, I had the windows and windshield tinted, stage 1 paint correction and level II ceramic coat with front protective wrap...and if I remember correctly it was just over $2500

For washing: I do a two bucket wash, with foam bath. Wash the wheels first, then the rest of the car. Then use Esoteric's recommended spray detail and wax products...

My ceramic coating is a 3 or 4year protection (car is a lease, so did not do it any longer than that).

For my 2022 C8 (when I get it) will likely go longer.

Scott
                      Last edited by John; Yesterday, 06:04 PM. Reason: Removed link as they are not a MECF vendor.

Comment

Hello,

I took delivery of my 2020 C8 two weeks before Thanksgiving 2020. The next week I
                        took it to a local (Manatee Florida) dealer and had the front end xpel coated and the
                        rear end ceramic treated.

It is still pristine in my garage today June 14, 2021, and has only been hosed off once
                        and blow dried with my leaf blower.

IVYLAKEBOB
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by P-Tree View Post
                          It is important to get a Paint Correction prior to laying down the ceramic coating. You want the paint looking great before you seal it in.
                          Truer words were never posted. If the paint is not as you want it, covering it over with either or both a PPF or a ceramic is not going to hide the paint imperfections.
                          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X