MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today With Keith Cornett: Latest Corvette News

Even though we're into the holiday season, there's still a lot of Corvette news! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-en2b43 Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com fill you in on what's going on.  Here are a few of the headlines discussed in this episode of CORVETTE TODAY:
1.  First pictures of the new right-hand-drive C8 Corvette headed to Japan
2. Lawsuit with GM about cracked Corvette Grand Sport wheels has been dismissed
3. C8 Corvette named to Car & Driver’s annual “10 Best” list for 2nd year in a row.
4. 2020 C8 Corvette goes on sale in the Middle East
5. Final production stats for the 2020 C8 announced
6. Nick Tandy to replace Oliver Gavin on Corvette Racing Team
7. Chevrolet celebrates IMSA championships with new commercial
8. The ’63 Split Window makes Hagerty’s list of coupes worth more than their convertible siblings
9. Procharger teases of a supercharged C8 Corvette
10. OnStar thwarts the theft of a 2020 C8 Corvette
Happy Holidays!
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Best 2 car carport temporary structure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 2 car carport temporary structure

I just bought a 2020 Corvette and unfortunately, my garage is not going to be built for another 12 months, so I'm looking for a temporary car port structure to protect my Corvette and my wife's Tesla Model 3 against the elements of the North East weather over the winter and next 12 months.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a sturdy structure for somewhere around $2,000 ?
    Thanks

I don't know anything about these structures but I see Home Depot sells them so they must be pretty widely available.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Storage-...s/N-5yc1vZcc5l

First post. Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by Boomer; 11-13-2020, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Those car covers from Home Depot as well as Harbor Freight last about a year in the northeast. The covers start to deteriorate and fall apart. But if you only need to get them covered for about a year it may be the way to go. Or possibly look for a rental garage that you can rent until the garage is finished. Many self-storage units have large enough spots to store vehicles.

Comment

Thank you!
        I never thought of self storage units, although I do worry about not having it where I can see it. Yes, I think I would only need it for about a year, unfortunately all the Home Depot ones in my area seem to be out of stock and not available online.

Comment

There is a pop up on this page for industrial Storage, Inc., a supplier of air filled structures similar to what you are talking about. I know nothing about them but in typical internet fashion if you even think about something you start getting pop ups on that item.

Comment

I'd just go with a nice self storage unit. In most parts of the country there are many to choose from...climate controlled or not, with or without electricity. I've used them many times, easy peasy.
            '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
            '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
            '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
            '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
            '14 Black Z51 Coupe
            '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
            '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

Comment

Many of the storage facilities around here are very particular about what you store in them. I inquired about putting a small armored vehicle in one and they said it had to have no fuel in it and have the batteries disconnected or removed. Make sure you understand any requirements they may have before you sign a lease. In Orange County, CA, Costa Mesa I think, they had a large warehouse facility set up for people to store cars in. They had outlets for battery tenders and a few employees to check on the cars and even offered some services. Might be someplace like that around you. Check out SoCal Classic Car Storage or Exotic Car Vault's websites to get an idea about what I am talking about. They will clean your car, you have 24 hour access, climate controlled, etc.
              Last edited by DavidM; 11-13-2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
                Many of the storage facilities around here are very particular about what you store in them. I inquired about putting a small armored vehicle in one and they said it had to have no fuel in it and have the batteries disconnected or removed. Make sure you understand any requirements they may have before you sign a lease. In Orange County, CA, Costa Mesa I think, they had a large warehouse facility set up for people to store cars in. They had outlets for battery tenders and a few employees to check on the cars and even offered some services. Might be someplace like that around you. Check out SoCal Classic Car Storage or Exotic Car Vault's websites to get an idea about what I am talking about. They will clean your car, you have 24 hour access, climate controlled, etc.
                They've got those around me as well, both in Wisconsin and Florida; they're very nice. Problem is, with those, the OP is going to go through his 2 grand in way less than a year.
                '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
                '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
                '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
                '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
                '14 Black Z51 Coupe
                '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
                '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'm looking at either renting a pod for the driveway or going the self storage route. Although I did see this (https://www.ikuby.com/product/medium-carport/) which looks interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by dblakey View Post
                    Thanks everyone, I'm looking at either renting a pod for the driveway or going the self storage route. Although I did see this (https://www.ikuby.com/product/medium-carport/) which looks interesting.
                    I've wondered about that too.
                    Status 3000. 2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X